How do we protect the children : Swingers Discussion 2135531021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHow do we protect the children
TOPIC: How do we protect the children
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   21 to 30 of 86   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"... by a massive increase in our mental health care system and by putting trained individuals with adequate firearms between the crazies and the unarmed citizens. "

Any suggestions how all this would be paid for?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
As a leader you must lead, not coward in fear.

1,2, and 5 were wars of fear of communism. Useless displays of wasting lives and treasure to stop a spread of an idea that you conservatives didnt like.

4 was a power grab so to satisfy the same fears of those different than you, those who threatened you and you trading freedom for temporary security.

6,7 and 8 are the replies you conservative give for those who are weaker than you, for those who are less able than you... Dog eat dog.

8 is the example of made manifest of 6 and made worst by the fact the you would kill those women in need of medical need abortions to save their lives.

This is the total lack of responsiblity of a leader.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7425 posts)
Robert a few points. You toss a wide loop to try and include everything real and imagined into the conservative camp.

OK one of our presidents in the 60's proclaimed from the White House that the RTKABA was a right of the people!!!!! He said this while handling an M-16 in front of the cameras. That president was Kennedy. By your way of thinking he must have been an Republican conservative.

Our constitution demands that our federal government provide for the common defense, in other words have a military but I can't find a single word in there about food stamps.

From many years in the ARMY serving with delta with the mission of stopping terrorism in Europe I learned many facts that had been discovered in the terrorist European blood bath of the 70's.

The main and foremost fact was two fold. The only way to stop determined terrorist is to kill them. Nothing else has any effect on stopping their killing.

It saves many lives to kill them before they kill a bunch of innocent people.

Second to that we learned many other things. One that does apply in our situation here at home is that a determined terrorist will find and obtain the firearms and other ordinance he desires in the use of his goal of killing. With the amount of arms and explosives in the world, no matter how well regulated, the terrorist will find his tools of destruction.

We have over 300,000,000 firearms in public hands in our nation right now and that number is increasing each and every day. The crazy person, mentally ill person, who wants to kill big or little people will find the tools to kill someplace even if they have to kill their own mother to get them. More laws will not stop those people the guns are already there and will be for generations to come no matter what even if they got all the anti gun laws they want starting today.

So we are back to stopping the people who commit these crimes before they do it or at least stopping them ASAP when they begin their killing sprees. We do that by a massive increase in our mental health care system and by putting trained individuals with adequate firearms between the crazies and the unarmed citizens. The stupidest thing we have done in all of this is creating shooting galleries for these crazies where by law their killing will go unopposed for the first and most deadly few minutes. We have even named them and put up signs so they know exactly where to go to kill without risk.

You want to control everyone and the firearms they can legally possess. I want to stop the people who ignore all laws and kill as they want to.

Big difference.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
YOU explain what any of that has to do with personal responsibility.

Honestly what are smoking?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19316 posts)
Fjep:

Really? Conservatives dream of people being responsible for themselves?

Then explain to us all the following.

1) Korean war. 2) Vietnam war. 3) cold war. 4) the patriot act. 5) mcCarthyism "are you now, or have you ever been a member of the communist party?" 6) "this is a Christian nation" 7) "are there no work houses? No prisons?" 8) ban abortion.

While a few liberals may fall into one of the above mindsets, conservatives have supported all of the above. You seek control no differently than anyone else. The only difference is that your kind of control is through and of fear... It is cowardness.

Sure the idea of baning guns because of what others do with them is cowardness as well, however it doesn't get others killed. War because of fear of communism does. Trying to ban abortion out of fear of a illusion or a lie (god/gods) is cowardness. (personally I hope there is a god and that it has done as the Christian bible says... I'll enjoy slaying this god for its crimes against humanity)

So save us the conservatives are the good guys bit, because you act more out of fear and cause more death than any other group short of terrorist.... Oh they is right, there have been more conservative terrorist than liberal terrorist and of both types... The conservative terrorist target people rather than symbols.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7425 posts)
Liberals dream of controlling others. Conservatives dream of everybody taking responsibility for themselves.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19316 posts)
Outdoor:

Gun owners control next to nothing, to include their own insecurities. (for those who feel safe only with a gun in arms reach) That said it is their right and one they aren't abusing.

Now will I say gun shows (as an unregulated/tracked selling/buying point) is open for discussion? Sure. So long as it is equally understood that banning gun types isn't.

Will I say that accountability ought to be tightened? Sure. If you sell your fire arm... You ought to have 3 days to file said sale and to whom. After that you are as accountable as the party you sold it to and who used it in any crime that might occur.

Theft? It happens. Report it immediately (same day) laws protecting you from employers wrath for being late for work as a result if the reporting if the stolen weapons need enforcement or enacting.

The lot number being stamped on the back of bullets isn't something I am exactly thrilled about... But it's comming. It is also mostly useless as one can make their own ammo and file that number off.

There are places for discussion, banning something because another is sick of the mind or a criminal (heat of the moment) or a terrorist (gang related) isn't debatable.

Crime will happen. Using this fact as grounds to ban something because you are afraid isn't acceptable. You pat the head of a fearful child and you tell them that they must accept their fears and bury the to become an adult.

Fear is childish. This applies to both sides of the debate.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7425 posts)
norcal, you may have misunderstood. I didn't say guns and disease "equate"; just that I feel about the same attraction to each. Your mileage may vary.

I've stated I don't want to mingle with guns or diseases. Neither offers me any benefit or peace of mind. Both control population, so I guess there is some crude equivalence there.

If a neighbor has a virulent disease or gun fetish, I do hope he'll keep his issues away from my home. Since I don't intend to live in an armed camp, I'll just have to hope he remains neighborly.

Of course, disease and gun mania are both part of the national economic hardship, and all citizens pay for these problems. Again, the only benefit is some population control.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Outdoors

You are taking up more of my time than you are worth but I find you comical. Since you seem to be convinced that your "communicable diseases' equate with firearms let me extent that line of thought. It seems that I have spent 23 year of my life with a "communicable disease" (a real assault rifle) in my hands protecting and insuring your freedoms and way of life. Every minute I spent for you personally in this endeavor was a huge waste of time of my time. I will remind you that as a taxpayer you will be paying me for the rest of my life. You the anti American and anti Constitution person has to pay me for the rest of my life. Ain't it great!!!!! And you, while paying me, will have to live with guns surrounding you every minute of every day. Just this thought alone will add years to my life as well as a smile to my face. Live long and prosper....

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
no you don't have right to know who has a gun.you don't have the right to know what kind of property I own or even use.what kind of stupid shit is that.what I own is none of your business.why do you want to know,so you can steal it.thats only reason I can come up with.what I have is mine,not yours........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   21 to 30 of 86   End
TOPIC: How do we protect the children