How Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you : Swingers Discussion 745821021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHow Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you
TOPIC: How Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 27 of 27 
User Details are only visible to members.
OK I will bite: My first vote 1980 Ronald Reagan 1984 Reagan 1988 Bush 1992 Bush 1996 Did not vote was embarrass by events in washington, The office was degraded by then and became a joke to the rest of the world and me. 2000 George W Bush 2004 George W Bush. Now for 2008 Not sure but would like to see an election with out controversy. And would like a Gulliani and Gingrich ticket.

Saint Louis MO

Username hidden
(12439 posts)
hmm, i cant remember first election but i think the history was

reagan bush clinton clinton gore kerry

btw, i think everyone who wrote clinton - fooled me or something to that effect = definitely partisan :-)

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
I'm going to count Nixon as my first vote even though I actually cast no vote in that election. I had arranged for the state of WV to send me an absentee ballot in basic training. The sole reason for my "intended" vote was simply my own "pocket" as Nixon was saying he would give a pay raise to the military. I thought getting more than my then current pay of $288 per month sounded like a good thing. That was the last time I considered solely my own pocket.

From then to now, I have voted democrat for the reason Sen stated on his last vote......"I found the position of the party to represent the same way I felt on many issues." So my votes have gone with the stuard of the party. I weigh what I believe to be true with the party platform....the democrat party has always fulfilled a greater percentage of my beliefs.

St Petersburg FL

Username hidden
(989 posts)
Me too Care, We need another Reagan!

Far right for me too...

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
like this question as well!

1980 Reagan 1984 Reagan

1988 Bush

1992 Ross perot - big mistake, I helped Clinton win with that!

1996 Bob Dole

2000 George Bush 2004 George Bush

2008 hoping Juliane wins the primary!

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
The following is how I cast my votes in past Presidential elections:

1976 - Jimmy Carter - Democrat: It was my first time voting and Carter's "everyman" farmer persona appealed to me. Like other young Americans, I unfairly labeled Gerald Ford and linked him with the problems of Richard Nixon/Spiro Agnew. I know view that as a terrible and uninformed mistake of my youth.

1980 - John Anderson - Independent: At that time I was just getting my feet wet in absorbing and (somewhat) understanding the political landscape at the federal level. To this day I am not sure I still understand it - lol. Anyway, by 1980 I had lived 5 consecutive years overseas, and based on that found the "energy crisis" and many things centering around President Carter's assertions concerning that crisis to be misleading. Anderson, a former Republican, had a one on one debate with Ronald Reagan (PBS, carried on Armed Forces TV) and impressed me with his positions on tax reform/simplification, foreign policy, military readiness, and the economy. It is sad that the big 3 media at the time - ABC, NBC, CBS felt that only Reagan and Carter should debate on national TV.

1984 - Ronald Reagan - Republican: In my opinion, the best vote I ever cast.

1988 - George Bush - Republican: My hopes was to see the Reagan policies continue to grow.

1992 - William Clinton - Democrat: He fooled me, plain and simple.

1996 - Ross Perot - Independent: By 1996, I had, and still am, disillusioned in both the Democrat and Republican parties. The candidates that both parties seemed to back were elitist and more interested in special interest groups then the American people. Although I did not view Ross a candidate who could win, my vote was my statement in showing my unhappiness with the two controlling parties.

2000 - Ralph Nader - Independent. Again, I had no love for Nadar but was hoping that enough Americans would vote for him that it would create a third viable party for the future. Unfortunately, not enough people provided votes and the hopes of a third party were not realized.

2004 - Michael Badnerik - Libertarian. I attended two speaking engagements held by the Libertarian party. Although Badnerik did not reflect any aura or confidence or charisma, I found the position of the party to represent the same way I felt on many issues.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I am interested in those that are willing to disclose what Presidential Candidates they have support in the past. Is your vote or support based on Democrat vs. Republican, Conservative vs. Liberal or solely on what a Candidate themselves states as their platform and beliefs? Are you a party voter or do you vote based on the individual?

When first eligible to vote I registered as a Republican. Since 1980 I have been a registered Independent.

My local voting history, first as a resident of New York and now as a resident of Nevada is mostly Republican, with some votes being cast for a Democrat, Independent or non-partisan.

To keep this discussion focused and make it easier, let us keep to the Presidential Elections.

Minden NV

Username hidden
(4041 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 27 of 27 
TOPIC: How Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you