How Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you : Swingers Discussion 745821011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHow Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you
TOPIC: How Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
sp,

i bet u could get all the "swing votes"!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
as a political science major i always tried to figure out when the "noise" started. i guess it has always been there in politics as far back as the colonial times when jefferson and adams "disliked" one another for a time and way before that.

i guess u couldn't really hear all the noise until the advent of the 24/7 news cycle and shows like cnn's crossfire. u are right that we are stuck with it for sure. blogs and the internet although surely valuable tools and resources have only made the noise grow louder.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Dzzy, I've wanted to get rid of the "noise" for years, but I think we're stuck with it. I try to tune it out, because ever since I gained the right to vote at 18, I take the Presidential elections seriously. And thanks, btw. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
sandj,

great analysis of your votes. actually think i agree with everyone, even guillianni but even if i didnt i would still say that i liked the way you thought about it.

i really wish politics could be just that and not all the "noise"...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Since I, too, am intrigued by SandN's original question, I'll answer.

1976 - Jimmy Carter - Democrat: Carter appealed to me on both a political and personal level. Like SandN, and many other young Americans, Watergate and the resignation of a president had fouled our thinking about what the Presidency stood for. In fact, I switched my original registration as a Republican and campaigned actively for Carter at that time. Was it a mistake? I'm not sure to this day. He was not a great President, but his single term in office helped to heal the wounds, at least for some of us who had lost faith in the office. To this day, I have respect for Carter, especially his work with Habitat for Humanity.

1980 - Reagan. I was tempted to vote for the Independent candidate that year, and chose instead to vote Republican. Reagan was a great actor (better than Hollywood every realized) and definitely took that ability on the campaign trail. I did not agree with a lot of his policies, and feel his trickle down theories don't work that well as a whole.

1984 - Ronald Reagan

1988 - George H. W. Bush - I still like this man and told him so in Kennebunkport in 1990. I feel he was quite naive about what the voting public would and would not "get" and some of his statements reflected that naivete.

1992 - William Clinton. After some of George H. W.'s remarks, I couldn't give him my vote, despite my personal liking of the man.

1996 - William Clinton Any disallusionment I felt was tempered by the fact that Ross Perot, in my mind, was not a viable candidate. And I did not feel the Republican's fielded a candidate who would have made a good president (meaning, before anyone jumps at this, that I had lost respect for a lot of the political process, and didn't have any sort of respect for any candidate). You can chalk this vote up to apathy, if nothing else. I still think Clinton had valid ideas and policies, but sullied himself.

2000 - Gore. Not because I agreed with him, but because he was the lesser of two evils. I did not agree with Bush and Cheney's platform, felt they were too derisive even then, and just could not see any other viable candidate.

2004 - Kerry. Again the Democrats did not have a strong candidate. I looked into the Libertarian and Independent candidates, but was not able to get enough info to sway my vote. Neither candidate, Republican or Democrat was the best choice.

2008 - Guiliani if he's nominated by the Republicans. Barack Obama if Guiliani isn't running. And if the two run opposing each other? It will be a tough choice, but with a lot of research, I'm sure I'll make what I think is the right decision. Guiliani is the only Republican in the field at this point I would vote for. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
no beating around the bush?? if i recall u liked a "dominant" man, LOL

well if no beating around the bush, how bout some analizin the ass, lickin around the labia and of course.....poundin the pussy??

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
C/She

i DEMAND an inspection of your BUSH........

votes ;-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
1988 Dukakis: I had hopes for Bush but grown tired of deficit spending

1992 Clinton: The "What Recession" comment doomed the Elder Bush

1996 Clinton: I felt he was doing a good job & the country was turning the corner

2000 Gore: I felt he was the lesser of 2 evils & I was apalled by the amount of money that was raised by Bush and how much of it seemed to come from either big bussiness or the CEO's

2002 Ehrlich: Note I did vote for Bob Ehlich (R) for the Governor of MD The Democratic Candiate was weak and had no plan other than raising Taxes

2004 Kerry: Was not happy with the tax cuts and defficit spending and ignoring the national debt. Also do not like the "devine right Presidents" policy that Chenny and Bush have. Though I did have serrious reservation about Kerry

2008 Hope Gov Bill Richderson of NM gets the nonmination. Not read for Hillary and not sure Obama is ready yet.

Elkridge MD
Username hidden
(479 posts)
btw, i think everyone who wrote clinton - fooled me or something to that effect = definitely partisan :-) ----------------------------------------------------------- I don't understand that comment. Using that analogy one could say the same thing about those that hate and demonize President Bush.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I FEEL YOUR PAIN I loved that one LOL

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 27   End
TOPIC: How Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you