How Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you : Swingers Discussion 74582
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHow Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you
TOPIC: How Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you
Created by: SensuousAndNasty
Original Starting post for this thread:
I am interested in those that are willing to disclose what Presidential Candidates they have support in the past. Is your vote or support based on Democrat vs. Republican, Conservative vs. Liberal or solely on what a Candidate themselves states as their platform and beliefs? Are you a party voter or do you vote based on the individual?

When first eligible to vote I registered as a Republican. Since 1980 I have been a registered Independent.

My local voting history, first as a resident of New York and now as a resident of Nevada is mostly Republican, with some votes being cast for a Democrat, Independent or non-partisan.

To keep this discussion focused and make it easier, let us keep to the Presidential Elections.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The first Election that I had ever cast a vote in was the 2000 election. I voted for Bush (although I really wanted Mccain to win the nomination).

In 2004 I voted for Bush again. Only because John Kerry fucked it up by opening his mouth. I will never forget his "off camera" remarks to a bunch of union guys, when he called the president and his party a bunch of "liars" and "crooks". He was kissing ass and talking behind people's back. Now maybe Bush had done the same thing while on the trail. Maybe every politician does it, but that seriously made me doubt the sincerity of anything that came out that man's mouth. I just didn't want to vote for a "Bush Alternative" I wanted someone who I felt could protect this country and move it forward. I never saw those leadership qualities in John Kerry. Now if they had nominated Joe Lieberman, then I would have voted democrat.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
When I voted for Bob Ehrlich in the 2002 Maryland election I voted for him because he presented himself as a moderate (R). I followed his adminstration and for the most part he was a moderate. Much of his lack of success came from a general assembly that was controled by the democratc. The Democrats only aim was to insure that a Democrat would be elected Governor in the next election.

In my opion both parties right now are dominated by either the extreem left or extreem right and moderates & compromise is bad.

Elkridge MD
Username hidden
(479 posts)
And a special note to the asshole - yea I knew, lol. I feel exactly the same way. If you want to sit back and bitch, you damn well better put your money where your mouth is when it comes to voting. Otherwise, you should take up knitting (with earplugs). S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
I actually disagree with Caretakers. There were lots of times Reagan said one thing and did another, but that is the nature of compromise and I could understand it.

The one I think truly did something that was in his heart, and that he KNEW was right, was Ford by pardoning Nixon. He knew he would lose the election the second he did it. He KNEW it was the one thing the American public and press would remember throughout his term in office, but he did it anyway, knowing that without that pardon, the trial alone would have tied the country in knots and dirtied the office of President for years.

EandR, like SandN, I keep pretty close tabs on the voting records of those who receive my vote. I place phone calls when I don't understand, and if the explanation is not forthcoming and understandable, they never get my vote again. I'm totally middle of the road and thus don't agree with my elected officials 100% of the time. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
"Hopefully society will once again shift soon, and get back to having pride."

How is that supposed to happen? What are the mechanics of this transition you hope will magically manifest? I don't see how that can ever happen as long as people will continue voting for whichever reprobate spends the most money to get elected. Given the rules of the current system I frankly don't see it getting anything but worse.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
What I'd like to know is of those of you who vote, how many actually sincerely believe the candidates adequately represent your political beliefs. Do you think they adhere to the party planks or do they cater to the whims of corporate sponsorship? Is the presidential election really anything more that a popularity contest?

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
Dan (Perfect),

I don't think I have guts admitting I voted for Carter. I was just niave and understand that as we grow older we (hopefully) gain a little more understanding and wisdom in how we view things. My vote was cast based on what the media was feeding us on both domestic and world events, my youth in being a first time voter, and in believing everything the above said media reported about Ford and his connections to Nixon and Agnew. When I was young I believed that what the media reported was the truth and from a neutral or unbiased position. I very wrong I was.

I agree with the poster who states that in looking back and understanding the complete picture of the times, I too, would of voted for Ford. His pardon of Nixon did in fact allow the country to heal and move forward. His insight to foreign relations, was one of strength, yet with calm, open and direct dialogue with other countries.

In my opinion the media is one of the strongest, yet most corrupt marketing and public relations outlets for whatever position the media wants to promote. That is why today I look up a persons record versus how the are presented through the media. I do pay attention to what we see and hear through the news, but I do it while distrusting same, and by researching the things they claim and report on. More often then not, today's media reports half truths or a twisted views of current events.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Gee thanks Perfect, I think lol. That was my very first election, the very first time I could actually register. Regardless of what you think of my choices, or anyone else's that year, I was proud that I stood up and was counted.

Dzzy, the blogs are making the noise deafening in an election year. I enjoy the blogs, and in fact wrote one myself for the last four years, but I can truly see the confusion they can cause. S

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
I was in middle school for the 1980 election but I would have voted for Carter. I was to youg to follow the 1976 election but based on what I have read/studied I would have voted for Ford in 1976. I think he showed a lot of guts in pardoning Nixion. That act spared the country a lot of pain.

The election of 1980 was the first election that I followed and I have followed every election since and have voted in every election that I have been able to vote in since.

Elkridge MD
Username hidden
(479 posts)
Also if John McCain was the Repbulican canidate in 2000 I would have voted for him over Al Gore.

Elkridge MD
Username hidden
(479 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
TOPIC: How Partisan or Bi-Partisan are you