Holy Shit the Senate Passed a Budget : Swingers Discussion 219247
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHoly Shit the Senate Passed a Budget
TOPIC: Holy Shit the Senate Passed a Budget
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
I'm trying to get a good, objective summary of the gory details without the political bullshit. The 3-page summary from the Senate Democrats makes entirely fluff statements about preserving Medicare, building/protecting everyone and everything, and a lot of statements about how Republicans suck. The Republican response is rather similar in usefulness i.e. near zero.

The longer version is 114 pages and is so loaded with fluff and political statements it's very hard to get real information from it. I would need hours to pick through it.

CNBC's little blurb just says it's a "a $3.7 trillion blueprint for 2014 that would fast-track passage of tax increases, trim spending gingerly and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now."

NBC says "The Democrats' plan from Senate Budget Committee Chairman Patty Murray aims to reduce deficits by $1.85 trillion over 10 years through an equal mix of tax increases and spending cuts."

HuffPo calls it "$3.7 trillion budget for next year that embraces nearly $1 trillion in tax increases over the coming decade but shelters domestic programs targeted for cuts by House Republicans."

The NY Times calls it a "a $3.7 trillion blueprint for 2014 that would provide a fast track for passage of tax increases, trim spending modestly and leave the government still deeply in the red a decade from now. "

FoxNews says it "reduce[s] the deficit by imposing nearly $1 trillion in tax increases ..... It also includes $875 billion in spending cuts, generated by modest cuts to federal health care programs, domestic agencies and the Pentagon and reduced government borrowing costs." It includes more specifics than most articles, but is still thin on details. --------

So - anyone know of a good objective detailed analysis? It has next to no chance of passing the House (it only passed the Senate 50-49) so it's largely symbolic.

btw I've bitched about this - I *hate* this "over 10 years" crap. Nobody sticks with 10 year plans, or even 2 year plans - so 10 year plans are meaningless, and it's a way to mislead people about numbers by screwing with the time frame.

They call $1 trillion over 10 years a $1 trillion tax hike. If your boss gave you a $2,000 raise for 10 years, would YOU call it a $20,000 raise?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
A yellow peice of paper should keep him from attending any Job fairs.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
VA:

"btw I've bitched about this - I *hate* this "over 10 years" crap. Nobody sticks with 10 year plans, or even 2 year plans - so 10 year plans are meaningless, and it's a way to mislead people about numbers by screwing with the time frame."

Generally I agree. I hate these long term plans because the government isn't disciplined enough to stick to them... No matter the plan.

If you really read what I have said to you, you would see that what I want would shrink the size of government... Because the business men would buy back the loyalty of the people, by providing for the peoples needs and thus the people wouldn't be turning to the government for the programs that we do... Unless they are actually down and out.

Case in point. You work full time (32/34 hours a week) you are guaranteed healthcare from your employer, no matter your position in the company.

If you are willing to work full time for the employer, you are guaranteed at the least a living wage and not minimum wage.

You work full time in a higher position, you are guaranteed retirement.

You work full time for so many years or prove your skills in a growing company, you are guaranteed upward mobility or education benefits for your use in any form of education you choose.

If this was done, the government wouldn't have to provide nearly as much in services and benefits. The people would be more loyal and less hostile to employers.

Sadly greed and a sense of self righteousness prevents businessmen form reducing their inflated standard of living and employing subsidized workers who have kids just for the welfare which is provided.

Personally I say that people like me ought to be rewarded for not having kids while we are poor, so not to sponge off the government. I take no money from your hands in welfare and am the easiest to retrain in a field in need of people who can learn if provided the classroom.

My college record speaks for itself, Presidents list, deans list, ect... So I have proven that I apply myself to my studies... I simply was mislead about what to study and what was growing. (the economic troubles kinda killed the industry's growth)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7366 posts)
I'm trying to get a good, objective summary of the gory details without the political bullshit. The 3-page summary from the Senate Democrats makes entirely fluff statements about preserving Medicare, building/protecting everyone and everything, and a lot of statements about how Republicans suck. The Republican response is rather similar in usefulness i.e. near zero.

The longer version is 114 pages and is so loaded with fluff and political statements it's very hard to get real information from it. I would need hours to pick through it.

CNBC's little blurb just says it's a "a $3.7 trillion blueprint for 2014 that would fast-track passage of tax increases, trim spending gingerly and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now."

NBC says "The Democrats' plan from Senate Budget Committee Chairman Patty Murray aims to reduce deficits by $1.85 trillion over 10 years through an equal mix of tax increases and spending cuts."

HuffPo calls it "$3.7 trillion budget for next year that embraces nearly $1 trillion in tax increases over the coming decade but shelters domestic programs targeted for cuts by House Republicans."

The NY Times calls it a "a $3.7 trillion blueprint for 2014 that would provide a fast track for passage of tax increases, trim spending modestly and leave the government still deeply in the red a decade from now. "

FoxNews says it "reduce[s] the deficit by imposing nearly $1 trillion in tax increases ..... It also includes $875 billion in spending cuts, generated by modest cuts to federal health care programs, domestic agencies and the Pentagon and reduced government borrowing costs." It includes more specifics than most articles, but is still thin on details. --------

So - anyone know of a good objective detailed analysis? It has next to no chance of passing the House (it only passed the Senate 50-49) so it's largely symbolic.

btw I've bitched about this - I *hate* this "over 10 years" crap. Nobody sticks with 10 year plans, or even 2 year plans - so 10 year plans are meaningless, and it's a way to mislead people about numbers by screwing with the time frame.

They call $1 trillion over 10 years a $1 trillion tax hike. If your boss gave you a $2,000 raise for 10 years, would YOU call it a $20,000 raise?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19171 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Holy Shit the Senate Passed a Budget