Holy Messiah, Batman! : Swingers Discussion 763991011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHoly Messiah, Batman!
TOPIC: Holy Messiah, Batman!
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 11 of 11 
User Details are only visible to members.
The Chicago School of Art unveiled one of it's senior student art projects yesterday; a life sized paper mache sculpture of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama complete with blue neon halo and dressed in Jesus' robe miming a blessing to the throngs.

The sculpture entitled "Blessing" was created by undergrade student David Cordero in response to the public notoriety, support and perception of Obama as a political savior to all the US woes.

"All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said. "In a lot of ways it's about caution in assigning all these inflated expectations on one individual, and expecting them to change something that many hands have shaped."

I think it's funny as hell in depicting the pompous credibility that we assign to political figures and bares as a humorous warning to everyone to think carefully about how we view politicos by pinning our hopes on one individual to set things straight.

I don't find it offensive one bit, but rather, I find it quite insightful (comical and true).

Have at it. What do you think?

Palm Beach Gardens FL

Username hidden
(1095 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 11 of 11 
TOPIC: Holy Messiah, Batman!