FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Holy Messiah, Batman!
TOPIC: Holy_Messiah,_Batman!
« Prev  1  2 
11 to 11 of 11
User Details are only visible to members.
The Chicago School of Art unveiled one of it's senior student art projects yesterday; a life sized paper mache sculpture of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama complete with blue neon halo and dressed in Jesus' robe miming a blessing to the throngs.

The sculpture entitled "Blessing" was created by undergrade student David Cordero in response to the public notoriety, support and perception of Obama as a political savior to all the US woes.

"All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said. "In a lot of ways it's about caution in assigning all these inflated expectations on one individual, and expecting them to change something that many hands have shaped."

I think it's funny as hell in depicting the pompous credibility that we assign to political figures and bares as a humorous warning to everyone to think carefully about how we view politicos by pinning our hopes on one individual to set things straight.

I don't find it offensive one bit, but rather, I find it quite insightful (comical and true).

Have at it. What do you think?

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
« Prev  1  2 
11 to 11 of 11
TOPIC: Holy Messiah, Batman!
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.