Holy Messiah, Batman! : Swingers Discussion 76399
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHoly Messiah, Batman!
TOPIC: Holy Messiah, Batman!
Created by: happyduo
Original Starting post for this thread:
The Chicago School of Art unveiled one of it's senior student art projects yesterday; a life sized paper mache sculpture of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama complete with blue neon halo and dressed in Jesus' robe miming a blessing to the throngs.

The sculpture entitled "Blessing" was created by undergrade student David Cordero in response to the public notoriety, support and perception of Obama as a political savior to all the US woes.

"All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said. "In a lot of ways it's about caution in assigning all these inflated expectations on one individual, and expecting them to change something that many hands have shaped."

I think it's funny as hell in depicting the pompous credibility that we assign to political figures and bares as a humorous warning to everyone to think carefully about how we view politicos by pinning our hopes on one individual to set things straight.

I don't find it offensive one bit, but rather, I find it quite insightful (comical and true).

Have at it. What do you think?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Oh sweet Jesus looks like you drank the whole fucking gallon of kool Aide.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
LOL emperor Bush wow. Ask Hillary 26 million in three months sounds like she really wants to get ELECTED President. So the Bush Dynasty is almost over folks and when she wins she can break all of her promises that got her elected. Good luck because if you wanna look for a king better look at your new queen. Long live The United States of America.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
JNM ooopppsss NoBallsinPA sez:Not one example has been posted. not one. When we are most in need of a cut and paste, you guys don't deliver. Just as Dizz says."again guys. lets see examples" you want examples turn on the tube and go to CNN NBC or CBS or by the NY times all day

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"See it's the F_ing Liberals and DemoRats that believe America is quilty of Sins against the rest of the world and we should atone for them. All I have to say to that is Move out of the country to France and you can complain all you want, until then shut the F up."

So much for First Amendment Rights in the USA.....LMFAO

Makes me wonder WTF our soldiers are fighting for if we listen to such drivel

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
newspaper, columnist, editorials and news casters on the TV do openly or subliminally put down Christianity..

again, examples guys? and what benefit do these alleged "put downers" get if they do as u say

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
debjack,

Well said. Much better then they way I explained it.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
"i have not seen any liberals defend the right of people (muslims) to kill over outrage about art... examples please??" ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Dzzy,

You are correct. With the exception of many, if not most Arab papers, I am not aware of any Western paper that "defended" the right to kill. However, unlike the papers where the written word LEADS one to believe or possibly infer that most or all Christians are intolerant concerning the Chocolate Jesus, many papers selected their written words carefully concerning the cartoon of Muhammad, which many readers took as the writers empathizing with the Muslims.

That is not neutral or unbiased reporting. Whether it was openly stated or subtlety hidden in the text, I feel, even as a non-believer, that many newspaper, columnist, editorials and news casters on the TV do openly or subliminally put down Christianity any chance they get, yet seem to stay neutral or empathize with religions that are not the dominant religion in America. That comes across as Antii-Christian. Just MHO.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
i have not seen any liberals defend the right of people (muslims) to kill over outrage about art... examples please??

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
"All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins,"

See it's the F_ing Liberals and DemoRats that believe America is quilty of Sins against the rest of the world and we should atone for them. All I have to say to that is Move out of the country to France and you can complain all you want, until then shut the F up.

As for what Deb said, she is completely correct. Where is the outrage over insult to the followers of Jeus??

LOL, but draw one picture of Muhamid and you are labeled a racist and comdemned.

In this country you can't offend anyone anymore, without the Stupid Liberals going frigging nuts, except if you are offending Christians because Liberals believe that they are azz backwards and dumbF_ers that aren't as progressive as the Liberals.

***** I wish I never found this Forum - I'm going to get a lot of people mad at me. LOL

Yankton SD
Username hidden
(168 posts)
i love pompous breasts :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Holy Messiah, Batman!