Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Hill Briefed on Waterboarding in 2002
TOPIC: Hill_Briefed_on_Waterboarding_in_2002
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next »
121 to 130 of 163
User Details are only visible to members.
more generalizations...

Newtown PA
Username hidden
(5327 posts)
The American Civil Liberties Union is I believe by all accounts a liberal organization. Larry's rights were clearly violated. They did not come running to protect his rights as they have for common criminals.

I have had direct dealings with ACLU on several occasions, and they fought tooth and nail to protect, and get off common criminals. But when a police officers right was violated they refused to come the the officers aid.

The right wants the Iraq to take over and the troops to come home. When that can be safely and effectively done. Putting off or not completing the job, will only come back to bite us in the ass. What do you think would have happened if we walked out of Japan or Germany, as soon as the war was over.

It seems liberals would sacrifice anything anybody, or whatever to be in office. They ignore there own ideals when if benefits them. Remember the hearings on Thomas's confirmation. But then with Bill who violated ERA regulations by sexual harassing interns, then it became his private life, even though he was getting a BJ while conducting sensitive government business. There have even been rape accusations by at least two different women. And that's not including the accusations of exposing himself to women. But a republican senator gets dragged to jail to get accused of being gay.

To be honest I don't know bout anybody else, but I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about the evil republicans and what we have supposedly done. Everything the left is screaming about was everyday business for the great JFK. Any Nam vet can tell you that torture was used consistently and daily during the Johnson administration. Kennedy had tried to assassinate Castro. Clinton used bombing whether justified or not, at any hint of political problems at home.

FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
nice summation?? sounds more like a gross generalization filled with silly statements. surprised you would agree with it. i disagree with you on most things outside hot woman but u are usually cogent.

fje,

how did the liberals overlook anything with larry craig, what the F where they supposed to do? as far as i am concerned he can tap his foot wherever he wants...

btw, and i love how disagreeing with "your" view point is "Fighting tooth and nail to PROTECT OUR ENEMIES"... that is conservospeak 101... amd quite frankly laughable. it is a shame that a large majority of the right has fallen under the spell of those that say "it's my way or the enemies way"..

here are some more generalizations which make no sense...

Example liberals have always been anti law enforcement, and protect criminals, but all for taking away the good citizens right to protect himself, now they want to take away the military right to protect us.

i guess the first part you are refering to gun control maybe, the part about taking the military right to protect us... no clue, maybe cause the left wants the iraqs to take over and bring the troops home..

Newtown PA
Username hidden
(5327 posts)
dzz The comparison is that liberals are willing to overlook Americans basic civil liberties and rights if they think it benefits them. Yet they fight tooth and nail to protect our enemies that would torture, kill, and try to destroy us. Simply most liberals are self centered on any issue. Example liberals have always been anti law enforcement, and protect criminals, but all for taking away the good citizens right to protect himself, now they want to take away the military right to protect us.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
liberals are cowards even in protecting their children and this country.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
the comparision between larry craig and torture is.........what?

Newtown PA
Username hidden
(5327 posts)
TBr.

"stoop to their level" I've yet to see an american cut the head off of an illegal enemy combatant... or a lawful enemy combatant. When that happens (personally I'd have no problem with it) then talkto me about stoopin got their level. Making a bunch of towel heads play naked twister isn't torture. PIssing on the qu'ran isn't torture. I have no problem doing anything to them to get the information we need to protect our country... fuck em'. Torture them and then kill them. and your "experts" are wrong. done right interrogation.. particularly chemical interrogation is very very effective. Me I'd perfer to just beat it out of them... and if they won't crack beat them until they or their buddies do or they're dead.

Port Saint Lucie FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
If you are torturing to gain information, the consensus of experts is that it does not work. In fact, one can gain more information being nice than torturing. That's the experts talking.

If you are torturing for revenge, you should be in prison.

It is not what we hold ourselves out to be.

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22347 posts)
I'm amazed at the fact that liberals are against torture to protect our country. But were ok with the treatment of Larry Craig, one of our own senators by a rouge police officer. This man was arrested for tapping his foot and using the handicapped stall, screamed at and threatened in his police interview, and then ridiculed because he might be gay, by the very people who claim to be supportive about alternate sexual lifestyle. Jesus, what the hell is wrong with your thinking. Torture is unfortunately necessary in extreme cases. Maybe there should be some kind of watchdogs to keep it in check. But the media is not where the safety of millions lay. All they care about is self serving. Why don't somebody ask the families for the victims of 9/11 how they feel about it. FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
And of course our only recourse is to stoop to their level...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22347 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next »
121 to 130 of 163
TOPIC: Hill Briefed on Waterboarding in 2002
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.