Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics High time to get our priorities straight!
TOPIC: High time to get our priorities straight!
Created by: Freepanties
Original Starting post for this thread:
Love him or loathe him, he nailed this one right on the head..........

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185 ,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million. If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, t hey may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

" When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.

How many people CAN YOU send this to?

How many WILL YOU?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
ok Parrot then...LOL

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I have my priorities straight.. they go in this order

1. ME 2. Me 3. My Dog 4. The rest of the critters here 5. My few limited friends 6. Me As the paret said in the movie Aladin "Why am I not surprised" ( Gilbert Godfry)

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Absolutely! agree that our uniformed personnel deserve to live much better lives than what they live in this country and have much more by way of benefits. Yes it's a volunteer service, but it's a service that we need as badly as we need doctors and more so than lawyers. They should be living a comfortable lifestyle, especially after they get injured in a war zone. It this may be a big venerability for conservatives in the presidential election, although I am skeptical of the Dems commitment to military spending. They don't have the best track record either, and their political positions have managed to anger many within the military especially when they seem to endorse the idea that our military tortures people. I think that a military man like John Mccain would be the best choice out of the current field of candidates, but unfortunately there may be nothing he can do to get elected.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
there is no doubt that our armed services personnel get the short end of the stick. however, solely from the government perspective it would probably be econimically unwise to provide those type of benefits to military people who lose their lives in combat. in this particular combat thankfully the loss of life has been "minimal". in wwII the us lost approximately 1/2 million soldiers and im sure the goverment would be unwilling to make substantial payments to that many families.

hard to argue with the thought that our armed services people deserve more.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Almost forgot..... Thank you all "for" thinking about them!

Huntingdon Vy PA
Username hidden
(1067 posts)
Good.. people thinking about our men and women in uniform! Goal accomplished....

Hiya Intheflesh :)

Huntingdon Vy PA
Username hidden
(1067 posts)
Hi Free, we have forwarded the article to all our friends,,,vanilla and swingers... Thank You and I hate to say it,,,,But for once we agree with Rush also... If you think that's sad, go visit a VA Hospital,,,, as a nurse I rather work at the county jail......Very sad indeed....Thanks for the post.....Finally enjoyed one...

Tinton Falls NJ
Username hidden
(30 posts)
Thread moved here from Open Forum

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12135 posts)
Actually BOTH snopes and Rush's article have some inaccuracies and/or can be misleading. However, the POINTS of Rush's as well as the Snopes page should send the message that our military is NOT compensated at the same level as others have been.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
SnJinVT, well, I'm not really sure about that, but I'm gonna keep my hard hat with the aluminum foil wrap on anyway. *L* Seems like that sky is always falling somewhere in SLS ROFLMAO

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: High time to get our priorities straight!