High School Student Disarms Gunman – Gets Suspended For ‘Involvement in Violent Incident’ : Swingers Discussion 218017101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHigh School Student Disarms Gunman – Gets Suspended For ‘Involvement in Violent Incident’
TOPIC: High School Student Disarms Gunman – Gets Suspended For ‘Involvement in Violent Incident’
Created by: vacpl4fun1962
Original Starting post for this thread:
A Florida high school student and his friends discovered the truth of the cynical adage that “no good deed goes unpunished” when he was suspended for disarming a fellow student on the school bus. The teens, all students at Cypress Lake High School in Fort Myers, Florida, were on a school bus when two students got into a heated argument. One of them then pulled a loaded .22 caliber revolver on the other, and aimed it at his head.

One of the suspended students, who spoke later with WFTX-TV news, knew instantly that this was no prank.

“I think he was really going to shoot him right then and there,” said the unnamed student, whose identity is being kept secret for his safety. “Not taking no pity.”

Witnessing this life-threatening situation, the teen and two others tackled and disarmed the suspect. When the police arrived at the scene, they arrested the gun-wielding student, Quadryle Davis, and charged him with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon “without intent” to kill.

If the teens who stopped this aggravated assault expected to be hailed as heroes when they returned to school, they were certainly in for a surprise. What actually happened was that, the very next day, the school suspended all three of them. The teen who spoke to WFTX-TV news was shocked.

“How they going to suspend me for doing the right thing?”

The school justified the suspension, which lasted for the rest of the week, on the ground that the students who prevented a deadly shooting were part of an “incident” involving a weapon. Alberto Rodriquez, speaking on behalf of the Lee County School District, stated that “If there is a potentially dangerous situation, Florida law allows the principal to suspend a student immediately pending hearing.”

The unnamed student’s mother was disgusted with the whole thing. “Those kids had to fight for their lives,” she said. “All the kids that was involved in this, they should have a pat on their backs because they did the right thing to save someone from burying their child.”

Those who pay attention to the news might be a little less surprised than, although quite as disgusted as, the young man’s mother. In the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting, schools around the country have reacted with unseemly hysteria at the slightest hint of “gun thinking.” No guns need actually be involved for the schools to act.

In mid-February, a seven-year-old boy in Loveland, Colorado was suspended from school after he entertained himself by throwing an imaginary grenade at a box that he had peopled with equally imaginary bad guys. According to Mary Blair Elementary School, the boy broke the school’s rigid rule against pretend weapons and pretend fighting. One assumes that those activities take the children’s attention away from the pretend learning that goes on in too many American public schools.

One would think that this “imaginary grenade” event, which was widely mocked, would have stopped schools in their mad rush to imagine guns into oblivion, but such was not the case.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 30   End
User Details are only visible to members.
boy gets suspended for pizza gun.people should get to gether and start kicking some people off of school boards..........we can not allow stupid people be in charge of our childern...........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
who is running our schools..robert..........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
who is running our schools..robert..........BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
So this 10 year old is out of luck in the future. He will not be able to find a good job:

In American schools, food is considered dangerous, and no, that’s not just because it might make kids fat. The real danger occurs when kids look at a half-eaten piece of food and see its potential as a gun. A ten-year-old boy at the David Youree Elementary School in Smyrna, Tennessee, learned this lesson the hard way. He was punished with social isolation at lunch time because he brandished a pizza slice at his school friends. It wasn’t just any pizza slice, of course. As Nashville’s News 2 Investigates reported, it was a half-eaten slice of pizza that vaguely looked like a gun. When a fellow student commented on the slice’s resemblance to a gun, the ten-year-old picked it up and pretended to fire shots into the air. School officials, terrified by the danger the pizza posed, suspended him.

If so we are going to have a big problem filling good paying jobs.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
Robert, you just described what you do to every thread....

Miss. Cpl

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Robert I was trying to point out to you that if some some can get a good job with a criminal record this little suspension will not hold him back. I gave you examples of people who are elected to run a government with a record. No body is going to hold this against the kid when he goes to get a job.I think it is wrong he got it and should be taken of his record.But he is not a violent person because he protected himself. If that was the case I would not hold the job I hold now.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
cplo:

""Can you get a job with a criminal record? Yes... A good one? very unlikely."

I must have missed the part where this kid was criminally charged and convicted for his actions. My 2nd favorite thing about you is how far off base you manage to take things. "

The statements of one who wishes to make an argument into a personal attack. You and Vacp took this off track by singling out one part of my total statements and when you can't win or when you realize that the other person is right or has the superior argument... You try and make it sound as if you are aggrieved by me or someone else wasting your time or side tracking the discussion.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7364 posts)
Hell Obama put a lot of people to work. They owed back taxes. If that had been you,you would have been put in jail. You would not have been put in charge of the Treasury Dept.just to name one. Then Marion Barry elected mayor of DC after spending time in jail for drugs. Elected to city council after be convicted of tax evasion. You may be right about a Conservative can't get a good job with a criminal record but a Democrat can.

Berryville VA
Username hidden
(1750 posts)
"Can you get a job with a criminal record? Yes... A good one? very unlikely."

I must have missed the part where this kid was criminally charged and convicted for his actions. My 2nd favorite thing about you is how far off base you manage to take things.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Also, I'd think that many employers out there would love to have people working for them who put others ahead of themselves.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 30   End
TOPIC: High School Student Disarms Gunman – Gets Suspended For ‘Involvement in Violent Incident’