Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear : Swingers Discussion 2139541071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHere is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear
TOPIC: Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 167   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I failed to mention that the federal government left themselves a out on felons in possession of firearms. Federally it is legal for a felon to be in possession of a antique firearm or a replica. In addition that the firearm rights can easily be restored in most cases. Some states have laws against felons possessing antique firearms and replicas, IMO these laws are unconstitutional because of the 10th as well as the 2nd amendments. Which fall unto the states because of the 14th amendment.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19317 posts)
TBR, can you tell us how it was possible for Adam Lanza to take firearms into Sandy Hooks School when it was a felony to do so?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19317 posts)
Because of liberal unconstitutional laws used to take guns away from people who after they serve their time OBEY THE LAW. Otherwise the laws are meaningless, because only law abiding citizens follow the law.

They are the stupidest laws on the books and in most cases not even enforced.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19317 posts)
Felony gun laws have one main purpose, to deprive citizens of their right to bear arms. To take gun rights away, just make more felonies, it is absolute bullshit to get around the second amendment. Their rights have been taken away while in prison because they were taken to trial and then sentenced, that is all part of due process. It ends when they have served all of their time.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19317 posts)
Okay, if that is the case, why do felons lose their right to own firearms?

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
TBR it most certainly does, you forget about due process? There is nothing in the constitution about citizens that have gone through due process becoming less than citizens, with less rights.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19317 posts)
I tend to agree also.

However, that is not the subject at hand.

Where in the constitution does it say that felon's rights to firearms shall be infringed until they serve their time?

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
"And yes I believe felons have as much right once they serve their time to bear arms. I mean that is why we send them to prison, to atone for their crimes."

I am of the same opinion. If a person isn't fit to reenter society with all their rights, then they need to be kept locked up.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16965 posts)
"Once they serve their time..."

Funny, I don't see that phrase anywhere in the constitution...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
Chicago just logged it's 500th death by firearm this year. The city with probably the most regulated firearms laws in this country. All those laws to keep the law abiding citizen from owning firearms in order to protect themselves.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 167   End
TOPIC: Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear