Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear : Swingers Discussion 2139541051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHere is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear
TOPIC: Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 167   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"You don't seem to get it, ALL weapons are banned in almost all schools. A armed society is a polite society."

Yep, all those societies with armed soldiers, snipers and kids with AR's are real polite. Somalia, Aghanistan, Iran are all safer societies.

Number one travel destinations because of their safe streets. You should go FJ. You'd look good with one of them holding up your severed skull by you long, luxurious hair...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2787 posts)
"All of you conservatives that are advocating for better tracking and treatment of the mentally ill are going completely against everything you stand for...

Can you imagine how much it would cost?

What about your beloved personal privacy?"

I don't know how much it would add to the cost of purchaisng/owning a firearm, but I'm pretty sure that the cost of implementing a check of a person's medical records, specifically mental health records would be added to any costs associated with buying a firearm.

I'm pretty sure being fingerprinted to obtain at least one firearm related permit means I've given up some of my rights to privacy. I have no problem with that. Nor do I have an issue with someone doing a check on my medical/mental health records in order to be allowed to posess a firearm.

What I would have a problem with is making personal, including medical information for applicants whether approved or denied, a matter of public information.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"some might argue that a do-nothing Congress is better than one that passes a lot of laws."

You don't seem to get it, ALL weapons are banned in almost all schools. A armed society is a polite society.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
Outdoor:

You will almost never see a blanket proabishion on anything, the government learned that such things do not work.

What you will see is the government banning one weapon type after another as nut jobs and murderers use the next lower firing weapon... All to keep you more safe.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
comanch, can you save everyone some time and copy the part that says this? That's a fine looking, well regulated militia, btw.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I urge all the readers of this blog to take the time to READ ENTIRE BILL that senator Feinstien is introducing. It will lead to confiscation of all guns before it is finished.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(323 posts)
"All of you conservatives that are advocating for better tracking and treatment of the mentally ill are going completely against everything you stand for... "

This is another indication that they don't stand for anything, really.

Also, has anyone actually said all weapons should be banned or confiscated, or that the 2nd Amendment should be overturned?

If you have made this claim about others, do you ever think of how paranoid or otherwise crazy you sound?

If you're out there openly sounding crazy, you may harm your chances of owning guns -- if mental illness is a disqualifier.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Owners and employees of day care centers CAN carry firearms. GFSZA does not apply to private property.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
While Robert and I are usually at loggerheads on most subjects I ahve to agree that a bunch of new laws will not help.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(323 posts)
If each classroom had a strong volt like door that would be bullet resistant, the walls lined with a reflective armor... The windows made six inches thick.... The school turned into a bunker.... And able to be locked down like a fantasy military base or something you see on resident evil... This wouldn't have happened as well.

All this guy would do is find himself a daycare center... There is 30 kids and the get away far more assured.

How about doctor offices? Nursing homes? The city or town hall? Society isn't designed for this because to design it as such is to have a closed society where we fear stepping outside and eachother.

I'll sooner face a thousand Adams than even discuss changing society into such a cowarding society.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 167   End
TOPIC: Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear