Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear
TOPIC: Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 167   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If people are ever stupid enough to ever give up their guns, Well we are done for sure,Why do you think they want our guns? We are the only nation that have guns and they know until they can take them,They will never have the control they so want,,

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5131 posts)
What's your plan now sparky?

Ghost

I think I will talk about the subject of this discussion and not try and take it to the land of, "the sky is falling" idiots.

The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting, never has and never will. The libs try and take it there so they have some leg to stand on in this discussion. They do not. SCOTUS has already pointed that out.

Red Bluff CA
Username hidden
(438 posts)
I did not copy anything. My words are my own. I did check on your stats and found contradictory data to what you said for Australia. In fact, I searched 'crime in Australia after gun ban,' and found that the first five sites claim no reduction in crime; either an increase or, the same rate. One of these groups is the Australian Bureau of Criminology. I would trust their info over a university paper which may originate from a person trying to prove a point.

Is the Australia point the only part of my essay in which you disagree?

Greenville SC
Username hidden
(369 posts)
Did you cut and paste that from the NRA website?

Here are the actual numbers:

"So what have the Australian laws actually done for homicide and suicide rates? Howard cites a study (pdf) by Andrew Leigh of Australian National University and Christine Neill of Wilfrid Laurier University finding that the firearm homicide rate fell by 59 percent, and the firearm suicide rate fell by 65 percent, in the decade after the law was introduced, without a parallel increase in non-firearm homicides and suicides. That provides strong circumstantial evidence for the law’s effectiveness.

The paper also estimated that buying back 3,500 guns per 100,000 people results in a 35 to 50 percent decline in the homicide rate, but because of the low number of homicides in Australia normally, this finding isn’t statistically significant.

What is significant is the decline the laws caused in the firearm suicide rate, which Leigh and Neill estimate at a 74 percent reduction for a buyback of that size. This is even higher than the overall decline in the suicide rate, because the gun buybacks’ speed varied from state to state. In states with quick buybacks, the fall in the suicide rate far exceeded the fall in states with slower buybacks:

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Adam Lanza basically stole his mother's guns, killed her with one and went to the school (a so called 'gun free zone'), broke in and killed more defenseless people. How many federal, stated and local crimes did he commit? Who knows.

We can limit magazine capacity to 5 or 10 rounds. Would that have saved anybody's life in CT? No, he would have just had more magazines.

We can ban ugly guns that have bayonet luds and pistol grips, right? That is so silly. The Ruger Mini-14 would have done the same job as the AR-15. So would the Remington model 8 deer rifle commercialized in 1908.

We can ban all ownership of all semiauto rifles and any firearm capable of taking a detachable magazine because, because let's face it, there will be high capacity magazines around for years and it would be easy enough for some crazy machinist or millwright to make one. rather than just use his 5 shot mag to kill people, right? Well that won't stop somebody from using a pump shotgun or two to mow people down. So, we'll have to ban them as well as autoloading shotguns.

We we better ban all shotguns because even a break-action single barrel shotgun can be reloaded quickly killing many unarmed folks.

Revolvers - same as mentioned earlier in the thread. With a few speed loaders, and very little practice, 24 or 30 rounds can be discharged.

So what about single shot .22 LR target rifles? You know somebody with NRA marksmanship training could climb on to the roof of a building in an urban setting and kill dozens of people before his position was even uncovered.

Ban all of the above and the problem will be solved, right? Even Feinstein and Boxer and Schumar, who have all at one time or another openly stated their desire to ban and confiscate ALL guns, are smarter than to try and take them all at one time. They will try to chip away one by one, probably in the order stated above. They will wait for a few tragic shootings between each restrictive law. And since none of the laws can stop the crazy person, they will constantly claim we need more gun control... just some reasonable, common sense laws... a healthy dialog.

Welcome to the UK way of thinking. We will have more crimes of violence, more murders just as happened in Australia and the British Isles. The murders may not happen 26 at a time. But it will be just like Chicago... 500 a year in many more places.

Pirates on the high seas in the days of flintlocks carried six or eight pistols on/in their belts. These were assault weapons... as they used them in their assaults once they boarded other ships. The solution wasn't to ban ships, or flintlocks. The solution was to get rid of pirates.

I figure banning guns will work as well as the war on drugs, as well as banning cars to prevent drunk driving, as well as banning alcohol in the 1920's. (That worked really well LOL) Look how well making everyone sign for their Alavert has stopped the making of crystal meth.

Mr. JM

Greenville SC
Username hidden
(369 posts)
"The 2nd Ammendment was not meant to protect hunters it was to protect the citizens of our new republic from a tyrannical government."

Not sure if you even noticed but it failed that mandate a long time ago. About the time when the oligarchy reached ascendancy. Turns out it wasn't the government we needed to fear, it was the corporations. EXACTLY the same as it was before this nations founding....

What's your plan now sparky?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
The 2nd Ammendment was not meant to protect hunters it was to protect the citizens of our new republic from a tyrannical government. The only weapon I ever used to kill another human being was issued to me by the government in 1966. It was a FULLY automatic M-14. I found it to be a much superior weapon to later M-16 in my humble opinion. However, NONE of my privately owned SEMI-automatic rifles have killed anyone. When Diane Feinstein becomes the Playboy bunny of the year and the government (local, state and federal) turn in their modern weapons and go back to single shot muzzle loaders I MIGHT consider that a reasonable start to good gun control.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(324 posts)
Sweet, most illegal guns are sold for less than their market value. If they make it to a pawn shop they will go for market value or above, but the thief makes little. The legal buyers of guns probably have no intent on selling them, if they do they may not find them again. And at this time they are paying higher than normal prices.

I am not in the market for another firearm, but if I was I would probably buy a Ruger mini 14 instead of the AR. I prefer wood to plastic, and the Garand action to the AR's action.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Another reason violent bat shit crazy libtards should be locked up. It is not the guns that are the problem it is the hate filled libtards who can't live peacefully among others.

They sit and stew in their own hatred and shit, and when they cannot seem to control others they lash out. Eventually they will hurt someone, or venture into a gun free zone to show what bad asses they are against helpless victims.

Fucking liberal chicken shit cowards!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
I believe that is part of the reason that certain firearms have been flying off the shelves, and prices have gone up so much.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3961 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 167   End
TOPIC: Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear