Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear : Swingers Discussion 213954
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHere is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear
TOPIC: Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear
Created by: Robert_Hil
Original Starting post for this thread:
It is no secret that I am a liberal minded person. However I am against bans on firearms due to a simple fact of life. Humans are damned smart killing machines.

You build a shield, give the enemy a week and your enemy will build a better sword.

banning assault weapons is a shield, you think it will make you safe. Yet the man with his flint lock fire arms can mix together a bomb, ass shrap metal... Toss it into a class room and kill an entire class with a device the size of a fist.

A single man with a six shooter wheel gun can use a speed loader and reload in less than eight seconds. Kids don't run very fast and a round from a six shooter can do more damage than a single round from an assault rifle.

A natual gas truck is a fertilizer bomb for the taking. All you must do is know where one will be (calling for gas is likely the easiest means). Your greatest issues will be to figure out how to bypass the safeties built into it to make it explosive. A smaller bomb likely is the easiest means.

Delivering burner fuel to the school durning the time in which students are exchanging classes or are waiting to be let into school allows one to steal the truck and turn it into a flame based weapon.

We live in a day and age where kids distil a drinkable alcohol from hand wash. Kids not old enough to use condoms... Yet you think that you can ban guns and make them safe? Please get with the times. It isn't the tool made of metal and plastics that are the threats to that which we love. It is the human mind bent on death and watching the world burn.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 167   End
User Details are only visible to members.
So you advocate for both big and small government at the same time... All you want to do is complain that it is the government which holds you back... Which is total bullshit.

You republicans stand for nothing but to tear others down.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
All the Liberals want to pass the bill without even knowing what's in it......like Obama care.

Useless idiots.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17103 posts)
All the conservatives conveniently disregard that the legislation is being held up in the Republican controlled House.

Useful idiots.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
fj, I have noticed that in his posts and perfect you are so right, but I ahve to agree with fj. I am sure it is George Bush's fault. (tongue in cheeck for my slow friends here)

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(323 posts)
I have some news for Mrs. Mazz: They're not lucky, they have you right where they want you.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17103 posts)
Delay in Sandy relief?

Damn that George W Bush!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
Probably a Democrat.....talking about the delay in Sandy relief

"What do I think? I think they're lucky we're not armed," yelled Rose Mazz, 68, out of the window of the small storm-damaged home where she's lived for 24 years.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17103 posts)
Robert does not do well with history. Government troops were used in the Ludlow massacre. It is the unnatural relationship between corporations or unions and government are the problem. When you put either of those entities in the government hands there always will be corruption.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
Robert, I believe when you continuously turn to government for help you abdicate your right to determine your own destiny. The coalmine mess was a case of the GOVERNMENT allowing corporations to run roughshod over the miners. The strike that started it all was the result of many bad things committed by both sides. I'll still take my chances with corporations and you can trust the government just as my ancestors did. See what that got us. Visit the inner cities or an American Indian reservation and admire what government assistance/control has accomplished. Although I am eligible to receive a government check I am proud to say that neither me or my siblings nor my father ever took a penny (excluding what the government paid me when I was busy killing Vietnamese for president Johnson and what it paid dad for killing Germans) from the government. Strange how that works, huh? Have a happy new year.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(323 posts)
Coman:

A corporation which gains enough power and control over the masses can do the same as any government.

I direct your attention to the coal miner rebellions for the best example of corporations processing many of the same controls over workers as governments do... And the key reason the masses turn to the government for protection against the corporations which we the people do not have control over.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7576 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 167   End
TOPIC: Here is why banning weapons won't set us free from fear