Health Care Solutions and Ideas for this country : Swingers Discussion 629331031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsHealth Care Solutions and Ideas for this country
TOPIC: Health Care Solutions and Ideas for this country
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 50   End
User Details are only visible to members.
angel wrote in the Sicko forum:

"Scotty... they wouldnt.. you would always have the option of paying out of pocket or buying supplemental insurance as all the socialized medical countries people do now. We are only talking basic health care here under universal... it in no way keeps you from having any proceedure any more than your insurance does depending on what level of insurance you have (Kaiser & other HMO's also decide what proceedures they will pay for and what they will not.. better read yer policy again) ---------------------------------------------------------- Angel,

You raise both interesting points as well as more questions. You are a thinking man Angel, I like that and I applaud you keeping the subject on point.

1. Basic Health Care is already provided for everyone. No one is denied BASIC Health care because they cannot pay. Hospitals either bill Medicare, Medicaid, state CHIP programs etc., or use hospital monies raised through local donations or funding to absorb or "write off" the cost when providing Basic Care to lower income, poor or indigent persons. So what "new" or better system would we be installing?

2. If all that is being provided is BASIC Health Care (which it seems is already provided) that means the lower income, poor and indigent would still not be able to obtain additional insurance (as you pointed out below) either through an employee or on their own, thus we are only adding taxes to pay for a system that is already in place. How is that improving the QUALITY of health care when those same people would still be unable to get ADVANCED or SPECIALIZED Health Care?

3. I agree with your comments that Medicaid and the VA do not have the overhead and have lower costs, but that does not make them more EFFECTIVE. Those two agencies eliminate, limit and control surgical procedures as well as simple things like prescriptions far more then Medical Insurance companies do. My wife and I have three insurances; two private Health Insurances and one government - TRICARE. My father’s primary is Medicaid and the VA (WWII Veteran). Medicaid, the VA and Tricare, all government insurance programs do not provide a fraction of the procedures or medicines I can get through our private insurances. So, how does converting everyone to Government Universal Health improve the QUALITY of Health Care? Even civilian government employees, like yourself, have a PRIVATE Medical and Dental insurance plan. The union does NOT want the government to take over their health care.

I do like the proposal of establishing, say, one hospital in each state to at least try socialized medicine. I would suggest they be established in the inner cities of each states most poor and indigent areas and over the next 7 to 15 years have them fully funded and run as socialized medical facilities. They could either compliment or take over state funded free clinics. After that time compare the tax payers cost to the effectiveness and ACCESS to treatment versus the private hospitals. However, the same rules of negligence and civil suit accountability need to apply to those test “government” hospitals that apply to the regular hospitals. The amount of money spent on law suits and negligent medical practice needs to be factored into any projected taxes. Unless you establish the same rules about government health care, as the congress has for the miltary. Current laws prevent military personnel, in most situations, from bringing lawsuits against their military care; simply put you cannot sue.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
I wanna know how much this 78 year old woman was worth? Wanna solve health care problem? Stop this now! New Mexico Jury Awards $54M For Neglected Patient's Internal Bleeding Death Friday, June 29, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION Jurors in New Mexico have awarded $54 million dollars to the family of a woman who died of unattended internal bleeding at a nursing home owned by ManorCare.

The verdict reached yesterday in Albuquerque includes $4 million in compensatory damages and $50 million in punitive damages over the 2004 death of 78-year-old Barbara Barber.

Lawyers say the verdict against ManorCare, an Ohio-based care provider, is the largest award of its kind in state history, reported KOB-TV in New Mexico.

The doctor who did the autopsy of the woman confirmed that Barber died of internal bleeding, and the family's attorneys claimed that not only did Barber bleed to death because ManorCare didn’t follow its own procedures, but after Barber’s death, the caretakers tried to cover the incident up.

“There was blood on the pillow, blood on the sheets and in her adult Depends, it was red through the outside,” said attorney Carl Bettinger. “And ManorCare cleaned it up, threw away all that evidence and didn’t report it to the Department of Health.”

"She was a wonderful mother, a wonderful person, and she did not deserve to die like that," Barber’s daughter, Laurie Keith, told the television station

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
Election reform

Torte reform

Term limits for congress

Simple

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12440 posts)
The solution will be decided at the state government levels. The federal government will never come to a viable solution because it can't. Massachusetts mandated personal responsibility similar to auto insurance. California may use a hybrid approach to the solution, whereby those in the lower income levels will have health care at little to no cost to them. Those in the upper income levels will either continue their plans or opt for the states version with some cost to them. Combine the above with increased payroll taxes and you have the hybrid solution.

The California battle ground: Who will carry the weight of getting all of the uninsured covered (which includes the illegal or undocumented immigrants)? Will it be the businesses (in a form of increased taxes)? Or, the individuals (in a form similar to auto insurance)?

Fairfield CA
Username hidden
(575 posts)
I agree that personal responsibility should play a role in "Universal Coverage". If you have brain cancer or some other illness that beyond your control, they your family shouldn't have to go broke in order to save your life. People should not have to check their bank accounts before going to the doctor for a check up. Not saying that Americans should pay nothing, but we hear so many horror stories of people who die due to the Bloated and Corrupt Medical System in this country. I would like to see something done.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
You forgot to mention the drain that it would put on our economy, the tax hikes, ect. The countries that have "Universal Health Care" don't really worry about growing their economies or keeping unemployment low. Until the economic issues are addressed then Universal Coverage may be unrealistic. If you can explain how we can pay for it without raising taxes on businesses or giving them extra expenses that they would have to pass on to the consumer, then you may have something.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Who dusted this thread off? Lol I'm surprised that Pennybuttons still has a profile on here. She kooky left wing lesbian, but she did at least keep the debate civil and interesting. Well this is as good a time as any to review some ideas, maybe Mr. Moore can take some notes.......

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
test disregard

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(598 posts)
she's so cute when she's pouty. come here honey did the bad man make you angry.....let joeodd give you a "special" hug. ; )

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
Penny now are you saying that we are a nation of scrooges? We may not contribute alot of our GDP to charity, that's because we should not force people to contribute at gun point. It is a choice and many americans make that choice freely, especially the rich in our country. Although a campain to get more middle class and even lower income americans to contribute small amounts would help out a great deal. But we do give charity in many other fashions like foreign aid, military use, ect. Charity just isn't defined in dollars and cents but actions as well. We certainly don't have anything to hang our heads down low about, with few ecceptions such as dufar.............but everyone else can join us in that shame as well.

Arlington TX
Username hidden
(2284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 50   End
TOPIC: Health Care Solutions and Ideas for this country