Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 857101092
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   92 to 101 of 5499   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You didn't say how thick the plywood was, or how far away you were, but I'll say that all of the bullets went completely through 2 sheets of plywood.

So will a .22 long rifle.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
At a work out place I have made friends with a couple of State Patrol guys. I asked them how they would recommend I shoot if faced with a home intrusion. In Delaware one is not guilty of a crime if he kills a home intruder. Both agreed to empty the mag into a ten inch circle drawn around the intruders Breast Bone, preferablt into his chest, not back. First priority is to stop the guy for your own safety; second is to kill him so he can't bullshit his way out of what happened when later in court. Makes a lotta sense to me.

Wilmington DE

Username hidden
(573 posts)
I bought my wife a 25 cal Beretta, and loaded the mag with hollow points. I have a target in my basement made by two 4X4 sheets of plywood screwed to a 2X6 square, filled with sand. I shot 9 hollow point bullets from my 9mm S&W, and she shot 7 into it with the Beretta. Guess which bullets went thru both sheets of plywood and the sand? That Beretta is so small, I can hide it in my hand!

Wilmington DE

Username hidden
(573 posts)
LOL

The questions are for anyone, but I do think that 2 questions are a certain poster's limit to process.

Having said that, Robert's post reminded me of the scene in "Unforgiven" with Little Bill dead/dying on the floor. W.W. Beauchamp, the writer, begins discussing with Wil how he had just single handedly killed all the "bad guys'.

W.W. Beauchamp had many misconceptions about gun fights based on what he had read, and his interviews with "braggarts" involved in the "trade". He had absolutely no personal experience on the subject, but felt he knew how it was done and how people thought.

Does that sound familiar?

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Good, that silly statement begs more than 2 questions, Like just what dose he know about how something makes another feel? Where did he get the statistics that show gun toters are arrogant . When I an carrying concealed, I am more timid if anything. First I don't want anyone pointing and whispering "oooo he has a gun" and 2ndly I sure don't want to have to shoot anyone.

Greencastle PA

Username hidden
(404 posts)
"The confidence a weapon gives a person (thus why gun nuts cannot go to places without their weapons) makes the gun carrying individual arrogant."

That post begs 2 questions:

1) What do you consider a gun nut?

2) How would you recognize a gun nut?

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Perfect, I absolutely understand the point of aim in a self defense situation. To take a "head shot" in self defense is wrong because of the target size and not to mention if you shoot someone in the head purposely, it will most likely be deemed as an intent to kill, NOT to stop.

I also understand the "stopping power" concept. Because the recoil and muzzle jump on a typical .22 handgun is significantly less than a larger caliber handgun, it *should* be easier for a less experienced shooter to place several rounds from a .22 in the target faster than a larger caliber.

Three .22 rounds to center of mass are better than 0 rounds (i.e. misses) from a caliber with better stopping power.

Like I said before, you can't stop it if you can't hit it.

Just my opinion.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I trust my super black hawk any day.

Mickey.

Rayne LA

Username hidden
(4723 posts)
Good

" Definitely not a first choice for a self defense weapon- not because of the stopping ability, but because of reliability."

Really! You know better. NOBODY instructs head shots. A 22 to body mass is not lethal enough to put an armed threat out

"BUT- something is better than nothing. "

Absolutely - but that's not justification for pushing a 22 for self-defense

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"I challenge you to a duel. These are the terms. I get my Ruger loaded with one round of .22LR. I get to shoot first and you must stand still for me to do that. After my one little shot, you may shoot me as many times as you like with the caliber of your choice. "

What kind of attacker would do that?? That's probably what happened in your school shooting.

You're ridiculous.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   92 to 101 of 5499   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns