Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 712  Next »
91 to 100 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
"By his executive order, President Obama acted to protect the citizens of the United States of America from death at an early age and untimely death through acts of domestic violence."

Acted? Did he issue an executive order on the matter?

Maybe I missed it.

whitehouse.g ov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/executive-orders

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
molon labe.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(8261 posts)
@ Goodenuff. So far I haven't been able to find the complete text of Obama's EO. Only numerous summaries of it.

But, from what I have read you are right. I don't see any "new" restrictions on guns based on nomenclature, function or design. Instead, I'm seeing a backdoor approach to circumvent the 2nd Amendment by not further prohibiting any more guns. But rather prohibiting "We the People" from legally owning guns through exclusion. In other words, don't ban guns. Ban the "people" who want to legally own a gun. I'll give credit where credit is due. Obama is a crafty SOB.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2125 posts)
~~Universal Background Checks for Guns

There are currently 32 states in America that have no statewide laws requiring background checks for the private sales of guns.

This lack of statewide or federal universal background checks for guns leaves large loopholes for violent felons and the mentally disturb to easily gain access to guns as illustrated below.

By his executive order, President Obama acted to protect the citizens of the United States of America from death at an early age and untimely death through acts of domestic violence. When I president is sworn-in before a Supreme Court Judge, he takes the oath of office regarding matters such as domestic violence. You can read about it in your American Citizens Hanbook, p. 143. {Aricle II Executive Department}~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8383 posts)
I'd have to go back and read the proposed HR 4629 language, but the barrel shroud clause was in the previous, now lifted, assault style weapons ban.

I'm unaware of an Executive Order being considered that would ban any firearms. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to where I can find information on such an EO being considered.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Goodenuff. Where H.R. 4269 gets complicated is when it starts referencing barrel shrouds, grips, and ammo feeding devices. I can't speak for "Andrew". But the "barrel shroud" clause (IMO) would seriously restrict most semi-auto hand guns and and many semi-auto rifles. With the exception of the .22 cal. rimfire.

H.R. 4269 also goes into depths of weapon functioning. Gases from a spent round and inertia used to extract a spent shell casing to reload a second unspent round for the next round to be fired would be outlawed. Or that's the way I read it.

H.R. 4269 will never pass. But I'm sure Obama's "executive order" will be mirror image of it. I haven't seen the EO yet.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2125 posts)
~~The American Tombstone Territory Songbook will have a new tune for Second Amendment militia men to whistle in their anarchist compounds: The Legend of Outlaw Robert "LaVoy" Finicum. He fought the Law, and the Law won.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8383 posts)
Oops, forgot to say something

"A new bill was introduced in the house about a month ago that would ban all semi-auto firearms, H.R. 4269."

Read the proposed bill again, it does not ban all semi-auto firearms.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
I'm aware of the proposed bill, Tom posted it quite some time ago. I indicated then that I was against it. I forgot that proposed bill had provisions for "buying back" certain firearms that are currently legally owned. A lot of bills are proposed that never make it to a vote, that one certainly has limited, if any media attention. Not sure if it's "dead" or not.

I'm unaware of the remarks you mentioned that Obama and Hilary Clinton made regarding the Australian and British gun regulations. "Speaking positively" is not necessarily the same as suggesting the US does that- I'd have to see exactly what they said.

IMO Obama would not veto the proposed bill if it made it's way to his desk; but alos, IMO, that bill will never make it that far.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
"I don't believe I ever mentioned gun grabs- except possibly to say that I am oppose the concept and to the best of my knowledge no federal level politician has suggested anything of the sort."

Both Obama and Hillary have spoken positively about the British and Australian gun grabs. Both Hillary and Bernie have said they want to remove the liability restrictions on gun manufacturers, which means they'd all be sued into financial oblivion within a year of that policy going into effect.

A new bill was introduced in the house about a month ago that would ban all semi-auto firearms, H.R. 4269.

congress. gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text

Here's the list of co-sponsors, all democrats.

congress. gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/cosponsors

It's not going to pass. We all know that, but it proves the statement that DEMOCRATS WANT TO TAKE OUR GUNS! And if that bill did somehow pass through congress, do you think Obama would veto it?

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1504 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 712  Next »
91 to 100 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.