Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... More 
Start   5351 to 5360 of 5768   End
User Details are only visible to members.
e&r many libs especially the Brady nuts like to combine the militia and the people together and consider the 2nd a collective right instead of an individual one.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
We may need that militia to overthrow the criminal lib's as they are more chavez like than Americans...I will keep my ammo, guns and options open.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
A well regulated militia means a well trained militia. What the founders were saying is that even though you need a well trained and well equipped militia to keep the citizens safe from foreign invaders, the individual citizens RKBA shall not be infringed. It's pretty straight forward and easy to parse if you understand english.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
"The wording does not include "hunting," nor does it include "overthrowing the government." It does include "well regulated militia", and "right of the people.""

If you take a look at the times when the Constitution was drafted, people hunted on a daily basis. There were no Wal-Marts, Piggly Wiggley's or Albertsons to get your beef, pork, chicken or deer. Therefore we can strongly assume that hunting is an implied right. There were also rights that were allowed to us before the Constitution was drafted and these are known as inherited rights.

Also if you read papers from the same period there was a paranoia of another government like the one that was just fought in the Revolutionary War. Therefore it has been said in other papers written by the founding fathers that the militia was needed for the reason of possibly overthrowing a tyrannical government.

Also during the Colonial Era a militia or the states militia were nothing more than ordinary citizens volunteering to protect their state/country. There was no National Guard that we have now. These were unpaid volunteers. If you go back to the Revolutionary War our Regular Army was very small. The majority of our fighting forces were militia who volunteered to fight for their vision of a new free country. These people were not paid for their time served.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
OK Dancing, but we weren't talking about assault rifles, I thought the discussion was regarding "intent" of the words in the Constitution.

That's part of the issue when this discussion comes up. People talk past each other.

The wording does not include "hunting," nor does it include "overthrowing the government." It does include "well regulated militia", and "right of the people."

The problem is the definition of words, in this and the other rights. What is a "well regulated militia"? And how does it relate to "right of the people?" The two have some kind of relationship, or the phrases wouldn't be in there.

Similarly, what is an "unreasonable search?" Or "cruel and unusual punishment?" It is the state's right to define these terms. And states have defined them differently. If someone disagrees with them, that is what SCOTUS is for.

I don't pretend to know the answers, or even most of the questions. That's why I am glad SCOTUS is looking at the DC case. We may get some closure on some of the issues.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17430 posts)
"I don't recall it mentioning overthrowing the government anywhere either, but that is often the argument used to protect gun rights. " And there is the generalization that the gun grabbing liberals spout when rationalizing their demand to determine what weapons the public should be entitled to own. Surely any civilian who desires to own an "assault weapon" entirely unsuitable for hunting, must have secret desires to become part of some evil militia intent on undermining their government. The fact is the Clinton Assault Weapon ban had zero effect on violent crime rates. This is documented in FBI crime statistics. Two reasons; 1) "Assault weapons" are used in less than 1% of violent crimes 2) Criminals don't abide by laws, such as weapon bans. I happen to own two such "assault rifles" previously on the "black list". A semi-auto AK-47 as well as an AR-15, the semi auto version of the military M-16. While the ak doesn't have much practical use for hunting, it's a blast for it's intended purpose, shooting cans at the range, and it's cheap to shoot. The AR on the other hand, has gathered an incredible following among the ranks of predator and varmint hunters, being capable of pinpoint accuracy and available in suitable hunting calibers. The legions of hunters using these rifles even refer to them now as EBR's (evil black rifles)in response to the liberal press labeling of them as "assault rifles". The Assault Rifle Ban relied on the general publics basic unfamiliarity with firearms. None of the banned weapons were the "machine guns" spitting out hundreds of rounds per minute, mowing down everything in their direction. They are no different, other than appearance, than any other semi auto hunting rifle or shotgun. 1 pull of the trigger, results in 1 shot fired, no more, no less.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
In fact Fl has a CCP and it is similar to other states...we also just passed a law saying we can pop the perp almost anywhere not just in our homes even without the permit if we feel threatened...you gotta love it!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
dzz you have been watching too many movies. Do you think that everybody run around shooting everything back then. Plain simple fact is that gun laws mean nothing to those intent on violence. They care not about laws, opinions, whether they are yours or mine. But they do count on us not being armed. The ones to fear are not the armed citizens, but the armed criminals. Despite the gun laws they still, continue to defy society. If your concerned with your safety, from gun violence, the only answer to an armed criminal attack is a armed response. If you ever get robbed, attacked, pull out your democrat voter registration card. Yell liberal, cease your criminal actions, you might just kill them with laughter. FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
dzzy,

you are around people that carry concealed everyday. PA has more CCW's issued than any other state in america. how many shoot em ups are there?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
ah u know what, i'm in. i really think it would turn out like the wild wild west but think of all the new cases i could get.

only thing is i would have to learn how to shoot. my last gun shot was a bb gun back in 1984 i think!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... More 
Start   5351 to 5360 of 5768   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns