Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  531  532  533  534  535  536  537  538  539  540  ... 711  Next »
5351 to 5360 of 7102
User Details are only visible to members.
While Obama proceeds with his plan to disarm America and neuter its military, he has a plan to establish his own private, civilian security force. Obama's Politics 7/18/08 The stunning comment from Democrat Sen. Barack Obama that the United States needs a "civilian national security force" that would be as powerful, strong and well-funded as the half-trillion dollar United States Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force have mysteriously disappeared from published transcripts of his speech.

On July 6th, Obama said, ""We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

In 2007, the U.S. Defense budget was $439 billion. Is Obama serious about creating some kind of domestic security force as big and expensive as that?

Answer me this, Obamamessiah, just what are those national security objectives? Who is the "WE" who will set those objectives? How would such a force be used to achieve those objectives -- oh, and will its members wear brown shirts?

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
That is why the 2nd Amendment. "to keep the government in check". Well that and protecting us from criminals and communists.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Just4: You get no argument from me on your points. I just hope the guns if need to be used are directed on the right people, instead of each other in the same boat. jubambd

Greenville NC
Username hidden
(1957 posts)
I believe that the 2nd amendment as it is written should apply to every citizen of the USA that is mentally stable and understands how to use a weapon properly. Weather it is for home defense or just because you happen to like them if you want a gun, have no criminal back ground and are mentally stable you should own a gun.

WHY? To keep the government in check. That is why the founding fathers put it in the constitution, so if something stupid happened and we found ourselves in the position of being over run by carrier politicians and special interest groups, the Bible clutching, gun toating working class men and women of the greatest nation on earth would have the leverage necessary to straighten things out.

Call me crazy if you like, but the founding fathers did have the foresight to plan for the events that were unforeseen that would require ordinary citizens to take action to protect their civil liberties.

Norton Shores MI
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Us Liberals and Progressives like our guns too. Brother Malchom X advised all blacks to jion the NRA. I as a Marine Corps rifle team shooting member ( bronze medal winnerx2, presidents 100 winner at the national rifle championships in Camp Perry Ohio and NCOIC of the 2nd Marine Divison Marksmanship Training Unit CLNC) understand the business end of a weapon. You conservatives arn't the only ones in support of the 2nd ammendment. But I still don't believe it gives ALL citizens the right to own a weapon of choice. Just as all citizens are not alowed to drive a car.

I wish we had proficency/safety test for gun ownerships as some don't need to own any type of weapon. The descion is DC is long overdue and as a fomer resident can say I am glad my mom (who lives there now) can no longer hide her 32acp.

Progressives like guns too.

jubambd

Greenville NC
Username hidden
(1957 posts)
Barack Obama voted four times to allow criminal charges against homeowners who defend their person and home with a gun.

Despite Obama's propensity to say and do anything to get elected, Obama's record does not match his rhetoric.

In fact, Barack Obama specifically voted four times in the Illinois Legislature to allow criminal charges against a homeowner who used a firearm in self-defense of their person and home -- specifically what the Supreme Court says is a constitutional right. Obama may say he supports it, but his record says exactly the opposite.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
From the AP. Maybe gun owners should boycott Disney and all their sub companies.

The Florida Attorney General's office is receiving complaints against Walt Disney World for firing a security guard who challenged the theme park on a new state law that allows gun owners to keep guns in their cars while at work.

The attorney general has received about 20 complaints so far and the office is evaluating how to respond.

The attorney general is responsible for enforcing the law. Spokeswoman Sandi Copes says the office will resolve the complaints on a case-by-case basis.

One complaint from Louis Berding, who says he works for Disney, accuses the theme park of using a legal loophole to take away his 2nd Amendment rights. Berding writes that he should be able to protect himself traveling to and from work.

Disney argues it is exempt from the new law because it has a permit for its fireworks shows.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
Why, J would you think that. The only people that will obey it are law abiding citizens that the state of Florida has determined are safe to carry a weapon. I hope that if a Disney employee is harmed, that the judges there will do like one did in texas. There was a foolish company had such a rule. Female employee was attacked by husband. The courts held that since the company refused to allow the employee to be armed, they were held to to totally liable for the safety of the employee. The settlement was for millions. Maybe a few million our of disney pockets will teach them a lesson.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
JNM, how many of those people had cwps? Also, Disney's rule will on cover the employees, not the general public. If I go to Disney, my .40cal will be in the car. Florida and Alabama grant reciprocity. Disney cannot touch me. So, they will only be able to control the people working for them, not the general population.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
I'm afraid of inanimate objects, take carries "little" friend for example. Ain't nothing little about that friend to me ;)

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20871 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  531  532  533  534  535  536  537  538  539  540  ... 711  Next »
5351 to 5360 of 7102
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.