Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 85710105351
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... More 
Start   5351 to 5360 of 5464   End
User Details are only visible to members.
never eric. Americans have been to pussified. we're turning into another nanny state.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
so then your answer is to just let him kill 32 people without confronting him? Sheep.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
"I have to agree with mischief. In the case of th VT shooter or columbine, it would've been pretty easy to determine who the bad guy was."

You may be right. However, I would not rely on others to be as clear headed as you.

Lots of people do lots of stupid things under stress.

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17218 posts)
TBR,

you're right, guns aren't going away. I have no problem with a background check. I do have a problem with a waiting period. If i really really want a gun, i can get one. Hell i can sell you one of my guns and it's a legal transfer of private property. I agree wtih SJinvt.... a well armed and informed populace is the best defense against people that would do others harm.

I remember a lecture I attened while in the military.

Sheeps, wolves and sheep dogs.

bascially it says 95% of people are sheep, they work hard, pay their taxes and bills and would never think of harming another person unless extremely provoked. The lecturer wasn't being derogatory calling them sheep. Just pointing out that they aren't bad people

then there are 2.5% of people that are wolves... bad people they are out to harm the sheep. (you can figure out who they are, the osamas and VT shooters of the world, hell you're local muggers)

Then there are the sheep dogs. Sheep dogs make the sheep nervous... why? because they look alot like wolves. they have fangs, they bark and growl. Most of the time, the sheep wish the sheep dogs would paint themselves white, turn in their fangs and go BAH!!!.... until the wolves show up. A sheep dog would never hurt a sheeep, it wouldn't be tolerated, he would be thrown out of the sheep dog society. They protect the sheep, not hurt them.

Myself I am a sheep dog. I took an oath to defend this country, constitution and people. After i left the military no one said to me "hey you're relieved of your responsiblity to protect your country and it's way of life". I spent 7 years of my life as a warrior, until i was hurt. Never EVER mistake a simple soldier for a warrior. The warriors are your sheep dogs.

That lecture sticks with me almost 20 years later.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
tbr, don't let hillary in the whitehouse as she will diminish all our freedoms, that is what you can do.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
These are all good points, and really, I could come down on either side of the issue.

I am also in favor of private, responsible gun ownership.

However, I think that unless the NRA and gun owners get ahead of this issue, more restriction is inevitable.

Both sides need to face reality. Guns aren't going away, but it is too easy for those that shouldn't have them to get guns.

So where do we go from here?

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17218 posts)
I just read this train wreck.

"For some reason you think that backgrounds checks and screenings are going to stop horrors like VT. You're just appeasing the ignorant.

I believe a well armed, well informed populace is the real solution."

Reality check, folks. Perfect is dead on correct. If anyone wants a gun that badly, do you truly think they will walk into a firearms store and PURCHASE one? The mental picture of that is actually funny. It is arrogant and ignorant to assume that every person who wishes to own a firearm will blindly follow strict gun ownership laws. The stronger the law, the more people out there who will break it.

The kid at VT? He would have gotten a gun whether or not there were psychological checks in place. He wanted to do damage, he would have obtained the tools to do the damage. Reality is that when we humans want something, we tend to go after it.

I live in a state where carrying a firearm is pretty common. We can carry in our glove boxes, we can carry on our person, we can have one in our purses and briefcases. Notice I said "can". Do we have people who own guns who shouldn't? Of course, but I'd say far fewer than states that have strict gun ownership laws.

Anyone who has talked with me in person knows that I'm far from being a right winger, but I'm far from agreeing with the left either on a number of issues. Personally, I think the left is digging themselves a hole, and the right will fall in after them. But on gun control, I lean to the far right. Never mind the dog, beware of the owner. Perfect, give 'em hell on this one. S

Cambridge VT

Username hidden
(6291 posts)
TBR,

wanted to add. In the situation at VT. I would've been armed, and not really gave a damn what the school thought about it. In that situation...I would hope that the shooter would target me. It's better that 50-50 he'd be dead and the situation difused. I'll deal with the school being pissed about me being armed after the fact.

I carried the entire way through my masters program at PITT.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
TBR,

I have to agree with mischief. In the case of th VT shooter or columbine, it would've been pretty easy to determine who the bad guy was. Had he burst into a room i was in and he didn't nail me first, he would've been properly ventilated. (two dead center chest, one in the head).

Ending a violent massacer with violence isn't an escalation it's an ending.

My contract with my employer states, I have the office furthest away from the public entrance to the building. IF a disgruntled client comes in and starts shooting.... I have more time to react. Sad that it has to be though of that way but it's the world we live in. And yes I carry a firearm everyday. (firestar 40 s&w). I hope I never have to take it out of the leather other than to clean it after i use it at the range.... but should hte situation arise....I will not hesitate to defend my life and the lives of my family or co-workers.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I am with you on that one..carry and be safe, don't and be dead.

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... More 
Start   5351 to 5360 of 5464   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns