Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  521  522  523  524  525  526  527  528  529  530  ... 707  Next »
5251 to 5260 of 7061
User Details are only visible to members.
The church offers sanctuary to anyone who requests it. If they violate the "rules" (laws of God or man) while there then their sanctuary is revoked. As far as I know I believe the only church that offers sanctuary anymore is the Catholic church. This man in Knoxville did not ask for sanctuary. He walked into a church that accepts alternative lifestyle members and opened fire.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
The sanctity of the church means nothing to someone who doesn't believe in the sanctity of life.

I understand that. But the sanctity of the church goes 2 ways, or other wise there would be none.

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
last year in Colorado a church member (off duty security guard) shot and killed a gunman in her church. She had volunteered to be security because two or three churches had been sites for mass shootings that day. She saved the lives of not only the people in her church but also those in the next church he would have walked into. The sanctity of the church means nothing to someone who doesn't believe in the sanctity of life.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
"Yep, gun free zone means unarmed victim zone."

In case you don't realize it, it comes under "the sanctity of the church" Just because some guy comes in and shoots up the place, doesn't mean you can shoot back in a church. through the centuries, many a outlaw have used "sanctity of the church" for their protection. If you believe in God, then you should undersatnd, that no matter how heinous it was, he will be punished in the afterlife.

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
Isn't. Isn't that what you meant?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Yep, gun free zone means unarmed victim zone. J and you liberals, this murderer broke the gun law!!! Oh my God, he must not have read somewhere in the 700 plus pages of federal and state firearms regulations that a gun was not allowed in a church in Tennessee, or else he would never have done it!! Another example of the refusal of liberals to grasp the concept that criminals do not respect the law. They seem to think that this guy woke up, saw a gun, and decided "hey, I am going to go murder a buch of people at a church".

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
JNM, By the way; In Tennessee Churches are listed by the State as Gun-Free Zones. Another reason to get rid of these zones. People can't even worship their God without being a victim to a criminal. Let's not forget that this church was one of the first and few churches in TN that allows gays and lesbians into congregation. They are supposed to be putting a new sign up in the next few weeks for them. I don't know if this had anything to do with the shooting or not.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Yes J, if one other person had been armed, it would have been a different picture. Am I armed at church? No. Is someone? Yes. We have police officers who are members of our Church, and by department policy, they are armed when in public.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
JNM, If you'll remember all it took in Denver last year was an armed off duty security guard to take down the shooter that shot up two churches.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
from the Heraldsun:

Woman charged over stabbing at shops Article from: AAP

July 27, 2008 08:07am

A WOMAN has been charged with murder following a stabbing at a suburban shopping centre in Canberra.

The 35-year woman, from the suburb of Charnwood, was charged over an incident in which a 43-year-old woman was fatally stabbed in the chest.

The incident occurred just before 8pm on Friday night, at the Charnwood shops.

The injured woman was taken to hospital but later died.

The 35-year-old woman will face the ACT Magistrates Court tomorrow morning. =============================================== At least it wasn't a firearm, right JNM! Seems senseless killings still take their toll even in the fairy tail land of no handguns. But all means let us take away handguns, knives, golf clubs, fireplace pokers, concrete blocks, 2X4s, baseball bats, rat poison, from law abiding citizens. And continue to let the lunatics run free.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  521  522  523  524  525  526  527  528  529  530  ... 707  Next »
5251 to 5260 of 7061
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy