Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... More 
Start   5251 to 5260 of 6163   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I have a siberian tiger, here she is!

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Dancing Don't forget the tigers.....maybe the liberals need to pass a law restricting bears and tigers from owning firearms...can't believe they missed that.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
I use speedloaders for both my mod. 19 - 357, and my mod 29 - 44 mag. They're nice at the range, and hard to beat for speed shooting. In 20+ years of carrying one or the other while hunting in the field, I have yet to use one though. If the deer and bear were armed with glocks, I'm sure I'd feel different though.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Dan At one time moon and half moon clips were available for the ruger security six when it was offered in 9mm. I don't know what ruger has anymore, things have changed a lot since i used to be into cartridge revolvers.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Dan

Those were the speed loaders the department furnished us with, I think they were made be safari, but I won't swear to it....LOL I keep two loaded cylinders for my 58 Remington, not quite as fast but it can be reloaded faster than a ruger or a colt SA.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Awake You can only use moon clips for auto calibers chambered in revolvers. Half moon were used in 45acp revolvers during ww2. I used speed loaders for mine when I was a police officer. To be honest I never had to do a reload other than the range. The firefight I was in ended very quickly with a 12 gauge slug to the chest. On the range the speed loaders work very well. When I SASS shoot the Remington can be reloaded simply by changing loaded cylinders. The 2 inch is very easy to hide, but requires a good holster. An automatic can be tucked into a waistband this does not work for a revolver, it's likely to slip thru the waist band especially while running, I use a molded inside waistband holster for it.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Wow, lots of great gun choices, I'll start looking through them now. I like the idea of a 2 in. barrel, especially since I live in a fairly suburban community and wouldn't want to be made. How does it print? It seems like it'd be literally nothing really.

How easy was it for you to switch to moon clips? I've only really used semis in the past and thus are only used to using magazine deliver for ammunition. Magazine reloads are very fast for me, since that's the only thing I can really practice at home (other than snap caps to avoid jerk). I just don't want to freeze up mentally and not be able to reload my revolver due to inadequate experience/drilling/training.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(94 posts)
Awake A lot depends on what you have in mind to do with a revolver there are a lot of options. Years ago I kept several, I carried a model 28 4 inch 357 on duty for years. I used a model 36 2inch 38for concealed carry. If your looking to hunt stick with a .44 mag. Load with 44 spec for defense. And with mag loads for hunting. I only own one cartridege wheel gun now. A 2inch stainless Taurus same size as a model 36. The rest of my revolvers are cap and ball. Colt navy's and Remington army, and a walker first model dragon. And my boot gun a colt 31cal pocket pistol.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
lol, even if they don't run, either way it's a win-win!

I'm torn between getting a Sig226 and a revolver for my next carry gun. I've never owned a wheelgun before, but have shot them. I like the reliability factor and was very strongly considering getting one to replace my Glock, but I really like double-stacks and think that the 226, after shooting one recently, is a great fit.

Can you guys recommend some wheels for me to try out? The caliber isn't much of a worry, as either way I tend to wait a months or so to get enough range time to get really familiar with them before I carry.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(94 posts)
http: //www*surfunworld*com/arcade-games/shoot-bin-laden/index.shtml A little practice

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... More 
Start   5251 to 5260 of 6163   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns