Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  515  516  517  518  519  520  521  522  523  524  ... 711  Next »
5191 to 5200 of 7102
User Details are only visible to members.
City of St. Louis...101 Murders by guns.

Black on black....97 black on white 2 white on white...2

Criminal intent? 98

It would appear I will keep my guns. Or at least until they take it from my cold dead hand...LOL I loved Charlton Heston.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Joshua Cohen, a senior researcher at Harvard's Center for Risk Analysis, said that a black man is about 36 times more likely to be murdered than a white woman. Last year, New York's 570 murder victims included 327 blacks (277 men and 50 women), 157 Hispanics and 66 whites (14 women). This year, about 11 percent of murder victims have been white. So are we to assume that it is a race problem and not a gun problem? Why is it that minority men see fit to kill each other? Most of these muder victims are previous fellons. So due to the actions of some groups, the left desires to allow the rest of us to be potential victims.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
Who did it? That is cut and dry for Minot police, which is not typical in a shooting case.

Minot Police were called to this RV park just after 10:00 last night, August 14, for reports of gun shots fired. When they arrived they found 42-year old Jonnie Guerrero with three gunshots wounds to his leg. Shortly thereafter they also found a female and two males sitting outside a nearby trailer.

"The female had a gun in her possession and she admitted to using it on the victim who we had found," says Detective Jason Sundbakken, Minot Police Department.

Police say the group had been sitting outside when Guerrero approached them and started causing problems leading to a fight that eventually turned physical.

"The altercation blossomed into the gun shot victim brining a large metal pipe of some kind, allegedly, and swinging it at this lady`s husband. She was in fear of his life and therefore she took the gun she had in her pocket out and fired four rounds," says Det. Sundbakken.

The gun was a .22 caliber derringer pistol. It had been given to her by her husband for safety. It holds two shots. She fired four. She shot twice, reloaded and shot two more times.

"Due to the fact that she was acting in a way that was in self-defense of her husband and everybody else that was there, they are deciding not to pursue charges against her," says Det. Sundbakken.

Guerrero was transported to Trinity hospital where he is being treated for gunshot wounds to his leg. It’s not considered serious.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
xplore, the correct number for non suicide is 11, 250 gun deaths. So you would disarm law abiding citizens and change the constitution due to failures of the judicial system? 11,250 people in one year out of a population of over 300 million. How do you explain the deaths in cities with gun bans? How is the woman to defend herself from a more powerful man? how is the senior citizen to defend himself? Do not say the police will do it, the courst have rulled that it is not the duty of the police to provide for an individual's safety. Americans have always been armed, but the murder rate was never a problem until the liberals stopped punishing people.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
I think we should ban liberals, they are much more dangerous to this country than any gun...

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
funlady.... I had this discussion with debjack and desty several weeks ago and made throughout the same stat without any source. I the them up with statistics such as over 29,000 deaths caused by guns in 2001.... there great comeback was how many people were killed by bricks .......good one ....huh!.....they are pro-gun morons on a testosterone rush to keep their guns rather than realize what is best for Society..... I wouldn't waste my typing fingers on them

Wilmington NC
Username hidden
(252 posts)
the 2.5 million is crimes prevented or stopped.Please show where that has been proved to be BS in an independent study. Funding by Brady does not count.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
You guys are using that 2.5 million BS figure again..... it is impossible because the number of crimes is far less than that...... what bullshit

Wilmington NC
Username hidden
(252 posts)
tbr, this study has even been reviewed by antigun criminologists who have said that they could not question the methodology. TB, again, why not control criminals instead of resticting the rights of law abidiing citizens. Remember when the anti screamed that Florida would turn into wild west? Guess what, crime dropped after they liberalized their carry laws. Why is it that in cities with most restrictions is crime the highest. Mass. has the most restrictive gun laws in new england, but has the most crime per capita? Alabama requires that the burden of proof is on law enforcement to prove why you should not get carry permit. Over 99% of the Carry permits are renewed. There is NO study that has ever shown that any gun law reduced crime. The "assault weapons" ban was based on cosmetics, not function. ATF even said it was not a needed law. Thank God the Republicans were in control and allowed that law to sunset. Since the sunset, there has been no change in the use of the non PC guns in crimes. The federal listings of gun laws for the various states and cities and federal government is over 700 pages!!!! Yep 700 pages. It need to be one page, you commit a crime with a gun, and ten years in prison with hard labor, second offense, life. For those lifers, we sub contract the prisons to some country with low cost labor like Thailand or any number of african countries. No need for heat, plenty of fresh air, and no risk to americans if they get away while on work detail. Look how much we could help the developing world with good jobs!!!!

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
“Fear always springs from ignorance.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882),

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  515  516  517  518  519  520  521  522  523  524  ... 711  Next »
5191 to 5200 of 7102
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.