Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... More 
Start   5191 to 5200 of 5768   End
User Details are only visible to members.
DJ...Ya think???LOL

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Well let put it this way as young as I was I had no idea of knowing if it was fake or not . The man I bought it from was very honest and I took him at his word. The markings were stamped neatly, thought the gun was very wore. The gun was very beat up. So it's value even if it was or was not authentic was probably limited. I really should have hung on to it. But when your young, you don't always make the right choices. I only had the gun a few weeks before trading it. FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Perfect this was no fake I acquired it when I was young from a old gunsmith in the neighborhood. I had no idea at the time what it was worth and 30 years ago it was probably worth less than now. That's probably why the gun dealer at a gun show was so quick to make the trade for the new colt. I just wanted the adjustable sights and the colt was much prettier. FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
During WW2 there were many manufacturers of 1911, I owned a vintage singer 1911 at one time. When I was still active duty my m-16 was not a colt. If I remember right it was a company owned by mattell but I can't remember the name. Kimber and Springfield make fine 1911's. Springfield was at one time the weapon used by ATF adn FBI tactical teams. The 1911 I own today is custom built by me. There are no markings on the slide at all. Only stampings on the weapon is a serial number on the teflon coated stainless steel frame. FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
The only round I do not trust is the .25acp. A San Antonio was shot with this round in the head and thankfully the bullet never penetrated the skull. It did follow the skull half way around and exit the back of the head. Goes to show a pretty lady will shoot you just as quick as a dude. FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
At the risk of creating even more animosity here, Kimber is hardly a cheap knock-off of the Colt 1911. Actually the design itself wasn't even "colt" as it was designed by John Browning, with Colt being the company to purchase and first manufacture the design. There are a lot of 1911 models out there now, some very good, others less so. Kimbers rank in the very good area by most modern handgunners standards, and at an average price of a grand, they should be,lol. Some years ago I purchased a Colt match grade AR-15 rifle. There are many high quality AR-15s being made today, and the nearest I can tell, the only thing that having the Colt insignia stamped on the lower receiver, is give a $1000 rifle a $1500 price tag. I'm not knocking Colt, as I'm still looking for that nickled 6" python new in box, with a $400 price tag. I'm hoping to run into the proverbial little old lady that only took it out on sundays to shoot cans and gun-grabbing libs. Don't quote me though, I'm a sick fucker that still enjoys seeing my lady go down on another sexy young gal.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Perfect It don't matter the brand as long as it gets the job done. I even once owned singer 1911. I traded it for a colt. What a dumb move that was the singer was worth more. The colt had adjustable sights though. FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Angel I agree on the .223, I don't like that round for that very reason. 1 I want to kill the target I'm shooting at and it has the same problems with deflection. .308 is a much better sniper round for police. I always kept a marlin lever action 30/30 in the trunk for an assault rifle. Only 5 shots, but again it only takes one to get the job done and with the flat nosed round it was less likely to ricochet in and urban environment. surprising that marlin could give a 1 inch group at 150 yards, more than enough for most tactical situations. My 45 rounds were a little hotter though than the rounds from walmart. They were loaded to the same specs as the rounds used for the tactical teams carrying the springfield 1911. I have never used a 10mm but I'm sure it can do the job when placed properly. When I was young I used to take wabbits with a old cap and ball colt .31 even it could get the job done with a eyeball shot. And when I went on SASS shoots I would even carry my colt navies loaded to the shoots. I had complete confidence in them to get the job done. FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Angel I have to disagree I do know from experience that 45 ACP will penetrate a car door and will smash thru a 2x4. They will also penetrate a 1 inch hardwood table, a forearm and a thigh bone then the chair before coming to rest 1 inch into the hardwood floor. I don't know about hydro shock but I have truncated hollow points that will penetrate as well as the hardball. But I prefer hardball, the weight will at slower speeds will smash thru car windows and keep a straight path to the target. 9mm is notorious for not staying the course when it encounters glass. And to be clear on the blades I have been stabbed at close range 3 times. I took it in the left hand twice, and once in the right. When comes to knifes guns always win over blades if your willing to grab the knife. You should see the awww shit look on their faces. But even the small 22 will get the job done with proper bullet placement. My own opinion outside of a 12 gauge, the 45acp is the best and safest round for self defense. Just my opinion though. I do carry a 9mm but it is a 9X23. But it still has the problems of deflection. This is why many depts are returning to the 45acp. 15 rounds is nice but I would rather put them down with one. FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Tort, If you're ever assaulted by someone packing a nintendo, I'm sure you'll kick their ass

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... More 
Start   5191 to 5200 of 5768   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns