Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 5732   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"guns are bought elsewhere where it's legal and then simply brought to Chicago, which at best supports nationwide gun control *could* help. However, it then means that gun control within Chicago itself is relatively useless, since the guns can easily be acquired - legally - outside of it, or illegally inside."

Amazing. You realize of course that progressives have been saying this for years.

Consider this too; the 'spirit of entrepreneurism' is alive and well in the country. If you cannot find a real job no matter how hard you look, would YOU turn to crime to feed yourself and your family? Of course you would!

During and after the Great Depression this same scenario reared it's ugly mug in most large cities. The CCC was formed to address two problems, millions of untrained and unemployed youth and building our infrastructure out.

Why then does congress dither on this very same issue today? Could it be to make certain that the black president fails. It makes ZERO sense to pass up historically low borrowing rates that could be well used to build out our infrastructure and catch back up with the rest of the world for simple partisan gain....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Robert,

I actually agree with you on your point.

Let me play devils advocate.... If we start doing what you say... there will be those that start claiming we are "profiling" and heaven forbid we can't do that!! Should we just tell them to sit down and shut up for the good of our nation? You know some would not stand for that.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(149 posts)
Don't worry I'm sure some dipshit will appear soon and wreck it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
What's this........ a "reasonable" discussion about gun violence in this country????? No name calling and other worthless comments?

I'm agast!!!!!! If truely reasonable people such as this came together..... maybe we could get somewhere.

Refreshing.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(149 posts)
I think it comes down to who's shooting who. If career criminals are killing career criminals or cops killing career criminals, then no gun law one why or the other is going to put an end to it.

The only way to put a dent in the use of illegal weapons by career criminals is to use marshal law tactics, sweep ever inch of problem areas and confiscate ever illegal weapon and lock up everyone who posses one.

Clive IA
Username hidden
(226 posts)
Localized gun control laws are as effective at preventing gun crime, as vaporizing a village is at saving its inhabited from the horrific effects of war. To have any impact, you would have to make the ownership, sales of any fire arm illegal and then work backward to make some types of weapons legal.

No, I say we should put our efforts into studying the people most often involved in gun crimes, look at their lifestyles and their social-economic situation in life. Only once we begin categorizing victims and victimize-rs into groups, we can then understand what must be done to curb the violence.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
I'm sure there are explanations one can make, such as the guns are bought elsewhere where it's legal and then simply brought to Chicago, which at best supports nationwide gun control *could* help. However, it then means that gun control within Chicago itself is relatively useless, since the guns can easily be acquired - legally - outside of it, or illegally inside.

The problem of course is that one cannot have cloned Chicagos with the only difference being their gun laws so we can directly compare with/without. We can try to compare different cities, but there are always caveats that go along with that which make it difficult to pin stuff down.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
That's just good common sense toomuch.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(149 posts)
Well I took a quick look at this a few years ago. The places with the strictest gun laws are the ones with the most gun violence. The question is whether its the chicken or the egg. I tend to suspect that criminals with guns have less to fear when its not likely they will be shot at themselves.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2763 posts)
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that 82 people (some are reporting 85) people were shot in a swath of incidents in gun sales-free Chicago over the long weekend and has attempted to make political hay out of it. Five of the people were shot by police (although at least 4 of those were cases of people brandishing guns who ignored orders to drop them, and the other one was a case of someone telling police they had a gun, but they didn't actually have one).

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20259 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 5732   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns