Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 6164   End
User Details are only visible to members.
bigduke, thanks and you be safe out there too.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(430 posts)
Sugar I see your point ,but we never had gun in my house as a kids ,I just want them to steer clear of any trouble ,there no need for me or any one in my family to own a hand gun ,the rifle are another story an im not happy about them also Ok Im done talking on this subject ya,ll have a good day Tom Like my Ya,ll bye every one please be safe

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(2005 posts)
Good, solid, sensible reasoning, NUD.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1403 posts)
There are a dozen things in home that can kill a child. Most of them are under your kitchen sink.

Mr. Yuck was a warning and an educational campaign. Ignorance is dangerous.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18302 posts)
I agree with you Sugars. But at the same time, I realize Inez's concern as a grandmother.

As a former firearms instructor for many years, I've HELPED train thousands in the safe use of firearms. I emphasize "helped" train them. I, personally have been around firearms all my life. I was taught at a young age (about 5 y/o) that a BB gun was a firearm and should be treated as such. I taught the same to my kids. They have followed suit.

Personally, I don't see any difference, safety wise, between owning firearms and having a swimming pool in the back yard except that firearms are portable. Being a responsible owner is the key. I taught my kids to swim at about 4 years old.

Living in the country had it's advantages. I was driving a pickup at the age of 11 and a farm tractor at 13 because I was taught how to do so safely.

My point is that training, responsible, safe and proper use of anything dangerous is essential. My 16 year old grand daughter just got her drivers license. She's smart and a good driver. But, I worry more about her on the road than I do when she goes hunting.

The thing is, I look at the possibilities. I tend to play the "what if game" no matter what I am doing. I can't control the actions of others. Some things are unpredictable. Having a concealed weapon for personal protection makes as much sense to me as having life jacket in my boat or air bags in my SUV. No guarantees, but any thing is better than nothing at all.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(823 posts)
What does learning how to responsibly own and shoot firearms have to do with your grandkids growing up to be a doctor, lawyer etc ????

Your safe possession and knowledge of using a firearm could possibly insure that those grandkids have the opportunity to grow up to be lawyers, doctors etc.

But, I certainly don't think everyone must own a gun just because I choose to. I simply look at them as a tool for certain tasks just like many other tools. Handle them safely and you have no problem.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(430 posts)
I understand your concern.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(823 posts)
Tom I don't want any guns in my home .that maybe Issue here very soon as the grandkids get older ,I don't want them to shot guns ,I want them to be doctors .,lawyers ,or chief engg, like there great grand father was .or even a nurse like grandma or a firemen like daddy

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(2005 posts)
To clarify what I said about "toys" I didn't mean to imply that any gun was not dangerous, effective or have a purpose. I was referencing practical carry. I enjoy the sport of shooting just about any weapon. Long or short, .17 cal .to 45 cal, pistol, rifle or shotgun, revolver, semi or full auto. As a retired instructor, I've shot most except the .50 cal. and at my age, really don't want to. I bruise easily these days.

@ sexytension. Good choice in my opinion.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(823 posts)
LOL, sounds like you don't need any advice from me. DANG! WOOF!

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1403 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 6164   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns