Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 5946   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sexy Democrats are trying to control every aspect of our lives, so that everyone is dependent on government to breath, eat and live never mind shoot a gun.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
What do you Gun Guys think of Obama's latest FATWA penalizing banks for lending money to Gun and ammo stores?

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1303 posts)
Good i use guns to hunt...they better be tough because they get abused. My 1100 has been dropped into the mud of a swamp and buried when i tripped once. It had been knocked around and gotten wet when i crawled up on geese.

My 740 bdl is as old as my 1100 and has been used just as hard, just in a lot dryer conditions. It has some many scratches on the stock from use you would not believe it. i love this gun and i am deadly shot with it. You think i did some amazing shots with my 1100, the biggest buck i ever shot was with my 740 was running flat out at 200 years across the down side of a hill though oak trees, just one 20 yard opening to take a shot....I was on top of the ridge.

My guns are used to hunt and have been hunting hard for 40 years now. Pretty guns have no use for me, i hunt with my guns.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
Bill, I don't own any "less expensive" guns, and have no intention of purposely abusing any firearms I own. They get abused enough in the field. I never said that a gun can't get worn or "loose". What I said was I found it difficult (impossible?) to believe that the STOCK on a Remington 1100 was rendered permanently loose.

I accept that we will never get you, my father and a lot of other people to ever call a detachable magazine anything other than a clip. I have to refer to the magazine as a clip for some people or they look at me with that deer in the headlights look. I try to correct them, but they don't get it.

When I talk about a clip here, I am not referring to a detachable magazine.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
looking, I wasn't implying that you don't know what you are talking about. I was making a joke.

Let me rephrase what I posted- for a revolver to use a rimless cartridge requires special consideration by the manufacturer in the design of the cylinder.. A rimmed cartridge is better suited for a revolver- especially when considering extraction of the spent cartridge. Manufacturer's often deal with the rimless cartridge issue(s) by utilizing a moon clip.

I know S&W made a 9mm revolver that did not require a clip. I considered buying one and did a little research on it. Rumor has it that owners of those revolvers kept a spare extractor around. I decided to not buy it.

I am aware of other manufacturers who make revolvers that accept rimless cartridges like the .45ACP and the 9mm Luger. Not sure about the licensing issue at Ruger, but I'll bet that someone, somewhere can custom manufacture a cylinder that will utilize the .45ACP in the Vaquero.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
Here is a cute gun story. i would teach all my kids to shoot a 22 rifle at the range around seven or eight years old. They each would get into it for a year or so and then off to the next thing.

The range we have here is one that is on BLM land and is free and open to whoever. It has four benches and posts for targets at 50, 100, 200 and a gong at 600 yards.

The boys where really good shots but they where boys, so no big deal. My daughter was a cute little redhead who was a dead accurate shot with iron sites..no scopes for the kids.

I would put a golf ball on the top of the 50 yrd post and she would hit it almost every time...all the men got hooked on her and would make her special targets and ohhh and ahhh when she showed up. she was the queen of the range.

This lasted until she got into competitive swimming at age ten.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
Goodenuff, If you don't think you can loosen up a gun by jarring it, try hooking up one of your less expensive guns to a paint shaker for a while and then see if it rattles when your done. A friend and I used to take our 22 pistols and a couple bricks of ammo up to his family farm. there was an open dump there where we shot at about everything . He had a brand new cowboy style single action, brand unknown (to me) and I had (have) an older mod. 9 shot HnR I bought 2nd hand. After about 3 or 4 Saturdays of shooting maybe 1K rounds of ammo per, we noticed that when we were cleaning the guns at the end of the day, his started to rattle if you shook it. The guy who said he was reloading his shot gun shells implied he was over charging them and getting more range out of them. My 1100 is well over 40 years old and it is still nice and tight. I have never had to change the seals and it still kicks the empties out 3 feet. Again I'll add that my reloads are to manufactures specs or I run factory loads. In Pa we cannot hunt deer with a semi auto so my gun is strictly used for birds or clays. That is also a good reason why it is ageing gracefully. BTW for years, we called a guns mag. the tube under the barrel or some place built in. a detachable mag was called a clip. I will be a hard habit for me to break.

Greencastle PA
Username hidden
(621 posts)
Ruger Makes a single action pistol that actually takes the rimless .45 auto round . One of the Dealers I buy though had one in, and brought such to my attention in seeking out a second cylinder.

www DOT budsgunshop dot com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/70176?sort=date

I don't claim to know all about All firearms, But I do know what I speak of when I open my mouth or decide to write about it.

Just as Ruger also Made a Second .9mm cylinder for their .357/.38 special blackhawks, I had the second cylinder made for an Old Flat top I owned MANY years ago, by Ruger. It was something they did relatively inexpensively .

My Vaquero cannot Be done by them due to an agreement to the gun's manufacturer, and the distributor ( it was made for Ruger by Uberti I believe) Neither will do any customization to the firearm because of it .

they will however Make me a new .45 Long colt cylinder if I wanted .....

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9774 posts)
Rimless cartridges like the .45ACP are not well suited for revolvers or break open actions. Revolvers like rimmed cartridges.

I'm beginning to think people here are just baiting me to take a crack at a rim job joke. OK...

Looking, you might find someone willing to take a crack at a rim job on Craigslist.

:-)

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
I wish My Vaquero Would take the .45 auto rounds in a Separate Cylinder, The .45 long colt get's expensive to shoot, even with Reloads........

Beautiful firearm, But a whore to feed..... Especially since it was commissioned for Ruger , they offer no Options to alter it , and I have yet to find a gunsmith willing to manufacture a cylinder to fit the firearm.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9774 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 5946   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns