Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  504  505  506  507  508  509  510  511  512  513  ... 712  Next »
5081 to 5090 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
"debjack.... do you ever get tired of bringing up the insult thing..... it really is getting old...... pick a new topic please.... I tried today to talk to you cons today and you drew first blood..... and your whining about the insult thing is getting old" ================================================ ES, don't you get tired of throwing insults, and then whining like baby when they are returned?? You cry about free speech, but then name call anyone that expresses their free speech if it does not agree with yours.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
"sweet...the last time we talked...i was an asshole and I am sorry for that...hope you accept my apology"

Explore, No problem and no apology needed. We are all assholes at times.

I understand where you are coming from, however there are 2 sides to every story and issue. Some people in this country will always want either more strict gun control or complete gun eliminations. Some will want no regulations what so ever. I believe there should be some restrictions on who owns them but not where legal law abiding owners may carry them.

There would be way fewer gun deaths in this country if criminals either did not have them or if criminals were actually kept in jail for their crimes.

As far as suicides go... If someone wants to kill themselves they will use whatever is there. If there is no gun then they will use a knife, rope, pills so on and so on.

I guess we will just have to disagree with each other, but that don't mean there has to be nasty words between us. Damn anti-Americans :) j/k

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
perfect.. don't be so proud of yourself.... I wouldn't say that you defeated me by being insulting..... your facts are incorrect and you just don't believe it...... if having a gun makes you thank you have a bigger dick.... good for you.... but realized that is an emotional bond and very childish....... and just like desty.... you think that you are better than liberals for some crazy reason..... I would take the values of liberal over you Conservatives any day.... you guys are the true anti-americans.... you don't like our free speech.... you don't like to compromise...... you believe in religious freedoms as long as they go along with your Christian values... and most of you don't even get what true Christian values are..... you label people as liberals rather than taking them as they come...... you feel free to insult and actually it makes you feel like a bigger person..... so we may talk again if you like and hopefully we can talk about the facts and stay away from insults..... and if you open your mind a little.... you might learn something..... I have learned from you that trying to talk with Conservatives is like trying to talk to a wall..... I have to learn not to beat my head against the wall and to point out your silly insults..... let them go..... and tell you how silly you were reasoning is

debjack.... do you ever get tired of bringing up the insult thing..... it really is getting old...... pick a new topic please.... I tried today to talk to you cons today and you drew first blood..... and your whining about the insult thing is getting old

Wilmington NC
Username hidden
(252 posts)
Thanks for the suggestion Destin, but we already have a Marine (actually two counting my father) in the family. I worry enough for the entire family for my Marine nephew for all of us. Actually my son, who turns 25 next month, almost joined the Marines out of high school, but did not. I would never fathom sending or suggesting that now for him. He has a great job that will last him until retirement, tons of money, great benefits and will be in the Union in the next few weeks, yep, I said the nasty U word. He has had a very traumatic year and life is just turning around for him. Although this means absolutely nothing to the heartless, he doesn't need the military to teach how to control, possess and shoot a weapon, my post was to gain "useful" information from people who support gun adovacates, i.e., people who have been around and used these dangerous weapons all of their lives to help me guide him into the right decision for him and his family. I am and always will be opposed to the idea, but will not force my views and opposition upon him. Yes, he still looks to his mom for advice (and I am very proud of that fact), and I would like to give him "knowledgeable advice".

Jan

Jennerstown PA
Username hidden
(12194 posts)
Jan, turn him into a man, enlist in the Military(Marines preferably), he will learn how to shoot, protect himself and hey, even have a job, gain credits for college...then he can come home and protect you, especially if osamabama gets in, you will need the protection.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Dan and Lucky: Thank you and since I will be having some free time, I will research. Maybe because I am a woman, I don't understand this. I do agree that anyone who chooses to arm themselves must be taught (and in full agreement with the early age theory) how to use it properly. My fear, of course, is because my son has NEVER touched a gun in his life (with the exception of pellet guns and/or bebe guns which I freaked out when I found them). My fear is also that a predator that has been or has shot a gun particularly to kill maybe much faster on the draw, so to speak than someone who may be awakened from a dead sleep; or a gun can jam, misfire, or what have you; and mainly the biggest is fear is that one of the most precious gifts that has entered my life in the past 17 months, and a new life (bambino) on the way can (accidently of course) find this most dangerous weapon and boom, that precious life is gone. Again, I know this is definitely (and I am not ashamed to admit it) a gender bias on my part, it just scares the living shit out of me.

Jan

Jennerstown PA
Username hidden
(12194 posts)
Although you did not answer my question about Switzerland... you fucking moron....

what? Swiss population 1.4 Million? US 300 Million. Little tuffer to control the masses and we ahve plenty of regulation.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Jan

I think you should take some time and research Richard Henry Lee. I think you'd like him

""To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them."

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18715 posts)
Jan

You're a self proclamied 'Stars and Bars" girl. You should understand this quote from Noah Webster

""Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. "

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18715 posts)
It is a way to remove any doubt in your attackers mind he will die. Anyone who owns and carries a guns is very apt to use it. Over coming their will to continue maybe averted. I would never lay in wait for trouble. Being prepared and not being paranoid is the key to never using it. If your attacker has a knife then your odds of survival are much better if you have a gun. Having and learning how to handle and maintaine a gun is very rewarding in its self. I never want to use mine in this way. If we had a military that was never used we would all be very happy.

I am very happy.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  504  505  506  507  508  509  510  511  512  513  ... 712  Next »
5081 to 5090 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.