Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  504  505  506  507  508  509  510  511  512  513  ... 708  Next »
5081 to 5090 of 7075
User Details are only visible to members.
debjack... I am trying to do better.... why don't you try to do the same

"Statistics lie and liars use statistics".... are you calling me a liar?...... typical argument used by somebody who does not have any statistics to back up his side

"Educate myself"... I am highly educated.... I read The Founding Father's..... I have read interpretations of the second amendment from both sides.... unlike you guys.... I don't use the second amendment as an excuse to own guns.... I am trying to understand the true spirit that it was written in

We don't live in an oppressive Government because we have a democracy.... do you really think that people have enough fire power to stop the Government if they decided to crack down for some reason.......... in the 60s there were major demonstrations without guns that changed Society

perfect..... don't tell me how you feel and what you want.... I know you love your guns and they give you a testosterone rush..... show me some proof that guns are valuable to Society

Wilmington NC
Username hidden
(252 posts)
ES

Statistics lie and liars use statistics. As seen in this thread; one can find statistics to support any side.

What do you know about people who attempt suicide and fail? What are the social ramifications of suicide?

We do ive in a democracy. A democracy that is protected by the second amendment so theat we don't have an oppressive Gov't.

If you don't want me to talk down to you then please educate yourself on the writings of the Founding Fathers, read the Constitution, and the Constitutions of the original 13 states.

Tell me who is responsible for YOUR protection?

Bad things happen in free societies because people are bad, stupid, and unhappy. Crime can be suppressed by oppressive Gov'ts, but only at the cost of MANY freedoms. You can't go back to prohibition, you can't win the war on drugs, you can't stop domestic violence or malpractice. The only thing you can do is try to educate the people. No amount of regulation is going to stop people intent on breaking the law and taking a life.....that should be obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense. There is an assult weapon in almost every home in Switzerland. The people simply choose not to use them to kill their fellow citizen.

Please tell me how, and what to regulate to stop the 40,000 plus HIV infections each year.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
oh and perfect..... please don't talk down to me

Wilmington NC
Username hidden
(252 posts)
debjack.....lies, slander, etc..... are illegal but nobody dies..... guns kill people.... kind of a final judgment...... don't you think that is a silly comparison

Wilmington NC
Username hidden
(252 posts)
perfect...hey....addressed many of the issues you brought up already... but to be fair.... will hit on a few for you

1. Hitler disarmed his people to oppress them, Commit genocide... generally to do bad things.... it was a small part of a much bigger picture...... not because tens of thousands of people were being killed by guns every year..... not a fair comparison.... we live in a democracy

2. Suicide deaths by gun do count.... if these people do not have access to a gun, they would be far less likely to be successful.... I can show you the statistics

3. You are far more likely to be killed by your own gun than protect yourself from somebody else's. Do you have your gun when you walk down a dark alley. Perhaps it would be wiser not to walk down the dark alley. You would be more likely to live during a carjacking if you just gave up your car rather than pulling a gun that could potentially be used on you..... there are statistics and studies that clearly show this

4. Switzerland has high gun ownership but high gun regulation.... it is actually an argument for gun control... read the following

Switzerland is frequently cited as an example of a country with high gun ownership and a low murder rate. However, Switzerland also has a high degree of gun control, and actually makes a better argument for gun regulation than gun liberalization.

Switzerland keeps only a small standing army, and relies much more heavily on its militia system for national defense. This means that most able-bodied civilian men of military age keep weapons at home in case of a national emergency. These weapons are fully automatic, military assault rifles, and by law they must be kept locked up. Their issue of 72 rounds of ammunition must be sealed, and it is strictly accounted for. This complicates their use for criminal purposes, in that they are difficult to conceal, and their use will be eventually discovered by the authorities.

As for civilian weapons, the cantons (states) issue licenses for handgun purchases on a "must issue" basis. Most, but not all, cantons require handgun registration. Any ammunition bought on the private market is also registered. Ammunition can be bought unregistered at government subsidized shooting ranges, but, by law, one must use all the ammunition at the range. (Unfortunately, this law is not really enforced, and gives Swiss gun owners a way to collect unregistered ammunition.) Because so many people own rifles, there is no regulation on carrying them, but 15 of the 26 cantons have regulations on carrying handguns.

I lived in Pittsburgh for 10 years in Ross Township

Wilmington NC
Username hidden
(252 posts)
"the rest of the bill of rights....freedom of speech....freedom of press....religious freedom....self incrimination....etc.....protect individual rights and do not harm other people...."

Booooohoooo! Does your pussy hurt?

REALITY CHECK: PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. They've been doing it since the dawn of time, long before the gun was ever invented. Man is a predator and there is no disputiing that. Our individual RIGHT (read the SCOTUS decision) does present the opportunity for some people to take lives wrongly.....but it also gives the OPTION to try and protect yourself from such people. It your choice. A choice I'd rather have than not being able to defend myself and family. It's called freedom.....You Know..........PRO CHOICE. It's also a matter of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, something most liberals have a hard time with.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
The CDC estimates in 2006 that roughly 40,000 people in the US contracted HIV/AIDS.

Who do we regulate and what do we ban?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
Freedom isn't Free.

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
I can't even believe anyone is talking about suicides as an issue against guns.

There's a thousand ways to kill yourself if that's your intention. The gun may be the easiest, so what? It's also the most efficient. You all have NO idea the pain and suffering of those who try to commit suicide by other methods and fail..... MANY of them would be better off dead.

I pretty much stay away from this topic because I get pissed of at the IGNORANCE I see.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
I lived in Thun, Switzerland for over a year. They have REAL ASSAULT Weapons in almost every home. There was no crime, no murder problem.

Guns aren't the problem. There have been guns in this country since it was founded. Children have ALWAYS had access to guns. The problem is society.; a society that is crumbling because of LIBERALS.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  504  505  506  507  508  509  510  511  512  513  ... 708  Next »
5081 to 5090 of 7075
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.