Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  504  505  506  507  508  509  510  511  512  513  ... 711  Next »
5081 to 5090 of 7105
User Details are only visible to members.
Jan

I think you should take some time and research Richard Henry Lee. I think you'd like him

""To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them."

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18560 posts)
Jan

You're a self proclamied 'Stars and Bars" girl. You should understand this quote from Noah Webster

""Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. "

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18560 posts)
It is a way to remove any doubt in your attackers mind he will die. Anyone who owns and carries a guns is very apt to use it. Over coming their will to continue maybe averted. I would never lay in wait for trouble. Being prepared and not being paranoid is the key to never using it. If your attacker has a knife then your odds of survival are much better if you have a gun. Having and learning how to handle and maintaine a gun is very rewarding in its self. I never want to use mine in this way. If we had a military that was never used we would all be very happy.

I am very happy.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
""Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would.""

John Adams

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18560 posts)
Jan

Maybe some words of the Founding Fathers will answer your question

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." Thomas Paine

"“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18560 posts)
I love people who "don't do" guns, makes them easier marks...lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"

:-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18560 posts)
Since I have decided tomorrow will be my last day in hell, I might as well throw myself into the fire.

I am for gun control. I have stayed out of this subject because I would be one of the more ignorant ones definitely. I believe it is fine for one to protect oneself and their family, but why must it be with a gun? I will not read through this entire thread, but since I am somewhat bored, maybe one of you gentlemen can enlighten the ignorant on why anyone who was to own and carry a gun, can do so????

I would NEVER consider picking up a gun and pulling the trigger. I raised two men in McKeesport, PA, a somewhat dangerous area, and I walked the streets without fear, I slept with my doors unlocked and windows opened. I did have dogs and a plethera of well over 100 different size and shapes of some mean baseball bats and did have a knife under my pillow at all times, but never did I consider and to this day would consider operating and/or owing a gun. I believe hunters and the authorities that should carry them are the exceptions, but please someone explain to this phenemon, is it a manly issue? My son has asked what I thought about him owing a gun: my response was pretty simple, you buy it I will have someone shoot you with it. He stated it was for the protection of his family. I asked him what makes it different now than from when he grew up. He states, I had you mom to protect me, now I have to protect my family which includes a 17 month old daughter. I ask this genuinely, not to debate but as an extremely concerned grandmother. Guess what I am looking is someone to shed some light on his justification of why he needs or should own one.

Jan

Jennerstown PA
Username hidden
(12193 posts)
I'd rather be ignorant than stupid.

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
I don't understand why some people get so upset at being told they are ignorant.

Ignorant: lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: unaware, uninformed.

There are many subjects I'm ignorant in. This, howerver, is not one of them.

A man's got to know his limitations.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18560 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  504  505  506  507  508  509  510  511  512  513  ... 711  Next »
5081 to 5090 of 7105
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.