Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... More 
Start   5081 to 5090 of 5803   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Myth: Only the government should have guns Fact: Only if you want criminals to have them as well. Loose inventory controls are notorious in government agencies, as shown by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) that has “misplaced” 539 weapons, including a gas-grenade launcher and 39 automatic rifles or machine guns. Six guns were eventually linked to crimes (two guns had been used in armed robberies, one confiscated in a raid on a drug laboratory and two others during arrests. One was being held as evidence in a homicide investigation). And in July of 2001, it was reported that the FBI lost 449 weapons, including machine guns.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
As for "Colt", and don't get me wrong, they're damn fine weapons, and I still want a 357 mag Colt Python, but in the case of the AR platforms, all it did for the rifle I bought was give a $1000 rifle a much higher price tag. I've handled the same models since, by companies like Bushmaster & Oly, that shoot just as accurately for a lot less $. Remington is coming out with a new AR-15 the first of the year, with a special predator version available in february. For a suggested retail of about a grand, I can't wait to get my hands on one. So many weapons, so little time

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
I just wanna know if I was right and what my prize is if I was :)

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(18218 posts)
As far as "assault rifles" go, I did keep my Colt AR-15 in .223, but the only thing I've assaulted with it so far, has been coyotes and woodchucks,lol. The 223 used to be a lot cheaper to shoot than either my 17 rem or 22-250, but man the prices for ammo have skyrocketed over the past year or so. Really blows my mind with the little 17 centerfire too. Here's a rifle shooting a bullet the diameter of an air rifle, and it costs upwards of $1.25 a shot. Doesn't cost me that much to feed my big game rifles. Fine example of Less is More... Now if I could convince mrs dance of that, I'd be all set,lol ;)

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
FJ, Those marlin 336's are fine rifles. I had a winchester 94 in 30-30, but left it for my son when we moved from NY a couple months ago. Was a fine rifle for big game at medium and close ranges. It was always my opinion though, that the marlins were built a lot more sturdy than the 94's were. Guess when you consider that marlin has had the lever action guide gun in 45-70 for years, says something about their construction. Part of me wishes I'd kept my 94, if only for the fact that winnie is out of business now, but I knew my son would get more use out of it than I would in the wide open country out here. I did keep a few flat shooting bolt guns though, and if I'm ever lucky enough to draw a bighorn sheep tag, I'm probably better off with the 7mm rem mag, than the old 30-30 anyway.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Dar I believe all the models using the 1911 frame are classified as 1911's. But I could be wrong I don't read that much about them, I just like to shoot them.

I did have a colt from mexico once in .38 super, and if I remember correctly it was stamped 1911. This was before I obtained my 9X23

FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Dancing

I actually prefer my lever action assault riffles. I have 2 mine a marlin 1894 .44mag, and the same in .357 for my wife. I sold my anniversary marlin 336 30/30 to a friend that just had to have it......Dan is gonna yell at me for this but I sold it to him for 200....LOL

FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
JMN, Naaaa, just a round about reference to another thread here,lol. Actually I have, well had an AK-47 up until a few months ago. They're not the "machine gun" that the media frequently makes them out to be, but a lot of fun to take to the range and blast tin cans with. Not much practical use for me, so I sold it a few months back, along with 2/3 of my gun collection, prior to our move west.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Yup, bubonic plague is still found in a lot of the west. The prairie dog towns of montana and wyoming see it surface from time to time. A couple of months ago a wildlife biologist in AZ contracted it and died a few days later. They traced it to a post mortum exam the biologist had done on a mountain lion a few days earlier. Could have saved him if they had known, but alas the guy just thought he had the flue.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
perfect I would say B.............

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(18218 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... More 
Start   5081 to 5090 of 5803   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns