Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 85710104991
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... More 
Start   4991 to 5000 of 5723   End
User Details are only visible to members.
ACTS OF VIOLENCE COMMITTED BY MEMBERS OF GUN CONTROL ORGANIZATIONS • Barbara Graham, speaker at the “Million Mom March” in 2000, was convicted of shooting and paralyzing for life a man she mistook as one who had killed her son. • In Fort Collins, a woman who opposes the right of self-defense struck a member of the Tyranny Response Team with a clipboard. • At a rally in Boulder early in 2000, Robert Howell, vice president of the anti-gun Boulder Bell Campaign, attacked Shariar Ghalam, bloodying his nose. (Ghalam was carrying a concealed handgun but never drew it, not believing his life was in danger.) • In the summer of 2000, supporters of the anti-gun Million Mom March stole supplies from the Second Amendment Sisters and vandalized SAS property. • Ari Armstrong, a pro-civil rights activist in Colorado, received threatening telephone calls allegedly from members of S.A.F.E (an anti-gun group) after Ari appeared on television promoting firearm freedoms

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
pt 2 FRANK LAUTENBERG, U.S. SENATOR FROM NEW JERSEY "We have other legislation that all of you are aware that I have been so active on, with my colleagues here, and that is to shut down the gun shows.” ADOLPH HITLER “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.” HOWARD METZENBAUM, FORMER U.S. SENATOR "No, we're not looking at how to control criminals ... we're talking about banning the AK- 47 and semi-automatic guns." CHARLES PASHAYAN, U.S. REPRESENTATIVE FROM CALIFORNIA "All of this has to be understood as part of a process leading ultimately to a treaty that will give an international body power over our domestic laws." PETE STARK, U.S. REPRESENTATIVE FROM CALIFORNIA "If a bill to ban handguns came to the house floor, I would vote for it.” WILLIAM CLAY, U.S. REPRESENTATIVE FROM MISSOURI " .. .we need much stricter gun control, and eventually should bar the ownership of handguns" JOSEPH BIDEN, U.S. SENATOR FROM DELAWARE "Banning guns is an idea whose time has come." JOHN CHAFEE, FORMER U.S. SENATOR FROM RHODE ISLAND “I shortly will introduce legislation banning the sale, manufacture or possession of handguns (with exceptions for law enforcement and licensed target clubs).. . . It is time to act. We cannot go on like this. Ban them!” JAN SCHAKOWSKY, U.S. REPRESENTATIVE FROM ILLINOIS “I believe... ..this is my final word. ..I believe that I'm supporting the Constitution of the United States which does not give the right for any individual to own a handgun.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
FAMOUS GUN GRABBERS Politicians BILL CLINTON, FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES "Only the police should have handguns." “When we got organized as a country, we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans. There’s too much personal freedom. When personal freedom’s being abused, you have to move to limit it.” Fact: Wang Jun – son of the late Chinese President Wang Zhen – who is chairman of the China International Trade and Investment Company and President of Polytechnologies Corp., attended a White House coffee with Clinton in February 1996 and was granted a meeting with Commerce Secretary Ronald Brown the next day. He was also connected to more than $600,000 in illegal campaign contributions to the Democrats, the report said. Polytechnologies is an arms-trading company indicted for trying to smuggle 2,000 Chinese AK-47 assault rifles into the United States and it is the largest of the corporate structures owned by the People's Liberation Army. V.I. LENIN "One man with a gun can control 100 without one. .. . Make mass searches and hold executions for found arms," DIANNE FEINSTEIN, U.S. SENATOR FROM CALIFORNIA "Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe.” "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them; "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in," I would have done it.” "The National Guard fulfills the militia mentioned in the Second amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves." JOSEPH STALIN "If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves." pt 1

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Myth: The Second Amendment is a collective right, not an individual right Fact: St. George Tucker, any early legal commentator and authority of the original meaning of the constitution wrote in Blackstone’s Commentaries "… nor will the constitution permit any prohibition of arms to the people” (354) Fact: The Second Amendment was listed in a Supreme Court ruling as an individual right.(355) Fact: The Supreme Court specifically reaffirmed that the right to keep and bear arms did not belong to the government.(356) Fact: In 22 of the 27 instances where the Supreme Court mentions the Second Amendment, they quote the rights clause and not the justification clause. Fact: Courts disagree. “We find that the history of the Second Amendment reinforces the plain meaning of its text, namely that it protects individual Americans in their right to keep and bear arms whether or not they are a member of a select militia or performing active military service or training” and “We reject the collective rights and sophisticated collective rights models for interpreting the Second Amendment” (357) Fact: Citizens agree. 62% believe the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right, while a mere 28% believe it protects the power of the states to form militias.(358) Fact: There are 23 state constitutions with RKBA clauses adopted between the Revolution and 1845, and 20 of them are explicitly individual in nature, only three have "for the common defense...." or other “collective rights” clauses.(359) 353 Eugene Volokh, Prof. Law, UCLA 354 Tucker, Blackstone’s Commentaries, Vol 1. Note D. Part 6. Restraints on Powers of Congress (1803). 355 Dred Scott, Casey v. Planned Parenthood, U.S. v. Cruikshank and others 356 United States v. Miller 357 U.S. v. Emerson, 5th court of Appeals decision, November 2, 2001, No. 99-10331 358 Associated Television News Survey, August 1999, 1,007 likely voters 359 Clayton Cramer, historian, author of For the “Defense of Themselves and the State” (Praeger Press, 1994), cited as an authority in USA v. Emerson (N.D. Texas 1999)

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Great posts Sweet, and welcome back. I might also add that similar rises in violent crime came about in england and australia too when the govt. decided to restrict gun ownership to only the "elite".

Dammit guys, all this talk of Guns, and of course PG's picture, has given me wood, and mrs dance doesn't get home until 6. Looks like it's either time to pull out my pistols and play with them, or take a cold shower,lol

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Myth: Police are our protection - people don't need guns Fact: Tell that to 18,209 murder victims, 497,950 robbery victims, and 96,122 rape victims that the police could not help. Fact: The courts have consistently ruled that the police do not have an obligation to protect individuals. In Warren v. District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App. 1981), the court stated: `… courts have without exception concluded that when a municipality or other governmental entity undertakes to furnish police services, it assumes a duty only to the public at large and not to individual members of the community.' Well, except for politicians that receive taxpayer-financed bodyguards. Fact: There are not enough police to protect everyone. In 1999, there were about 150,000 police officers on duty at any one time. • This is on-duty police. This includes desk clerks, command sergeants, etc. – far fewer than 150,000 cops are cruising your neighborhood. • There were approximately 271,933,702 people living in the United States. • Thus there is only one on-duty cop for every 1,813 citizens! Fact: Former Florida Attorney General Jim Smith told Florida legislators that police responded to only 200,000 of 700,000 calls for help to Dade County authorities. Fact: The United States Department of Justice found that, in 1989, there were 168,881 crimes of violence for which police had not responded within 1 hour. Fact: 95% of the time police arrive too late to prevent a crime or arrest the suspect.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Myth: Private ownership of guns is not effective in preventing crime Fact: Every year, people in the United States use a gun to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times – more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds.285 Of these instances, 15.6% of the people using a firearm defensively stated that they "almost certainly" saved their lives by doing so. Firearms are used 60 times more often to protect lives than to take lives. Fact: In 83.5% (2,087,500) of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first, proving that guns are very well suited for self-defense. Fact: Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use guns to defend themselves, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Fact: Less than 8% of the time does a citizen wound his or her attacker, and in less than one in a thousand instances is the attacker killed. Fact: For every accidental death, suicide or homicide with a firearm, 10 lives are saved through defensive use. Fact: When using guns in self-defense: • 83% of robbery victims were not injured • 88% of assault victims were not hurt • 76% of all self-defense use of guns never involve firing a single shot Fact: After the implementation of Canada's 1977 gun controls prohibiting handgun possession for protection, the “breaking and entering” crime rate rose 25%, surpassing the American rate.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Myth: Private ownership of guns is not effective in preventing crime Fact: Every year, people in the United States use a gun to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times – more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds.285 Of these instances, 15.6% of the people using a firearm defensively stated that they "almost certainly" saved their lives by doing so. Firearms are used 60 times more often to protect lives than to take lives. Fact: In 83.5% (2,087,500) of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first, proving that guns are very well suited for self-defense. Fact: Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use guns to defend themselves, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Fact: Less than 8% of the time does a citizen wound his or her attacker, and in less than one in a thousand instances is the attacker killed. Fact: For every accidental death, suicide or homicide with a firearm, 10 lives are saved through defensive use. Fact: When using guns in self-defense: • 83% of robbery victims were not injured • 88% of assault victims were not hurt • 76% of all self-defense use of guns never involve firing a single shot Fact: After the implementation of Canada's 1977 gun controls prohibiting handgun possession for protection, the “breaking and entering” crime rate rose 25%, surpassing the American rate.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Got to love all those 1911's and their varients! I was looking at a few last summer, but wanted a smaller carry gun. I found myself looking at Glocks, because a buddy has one that I've done a lot of shooting with, but ultimately decided on a springfield armory xd-40sc for about the same $ as the glock, because I personally liked the grip angle a little better. Fit my hand nicer than the glock, and smaller than the 1911's

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Myth: Guns are often used to commit violent crimes Fact: 90% of all violent crimes in the U.S. do not involve firearms of any type. Fact: Even in crimes where the offender possessed a gun during the commission of the crime, 83% did not use or threaten to use the gun. Fact: Less than 1% of firearms will ever be used in the commission of a crime. Fact: Two-thirds of the people who die each year from gunfire are criminals being shot by other criminals.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... More 
Start   4991 to 5000 of 5723   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns