Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... More 
Start   4991 to 5000 of 6164   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Scottyd: "I think we should banned cars. Look at the street racing deaths in MD... More car control. 5 day waiting period at least for cars. Maybe we should ban NASCAR and F1 racing they put bad ideas in kids heads."

Just because of traffic deaths in car accidents, I am not for the banning of driving car, but I am for control of traffic and how we drive our cars. I am for speed limits and rules against drunk driving. I am for laws that help us control the dangers that can give rise to car accidents such as excessive speeding and drunk driving.

Aren't you for control of driving through speed limits and anti-drunk driving laws?

I'm for gun control for the same reasons I'm for speed limits: It's not guns or cars that kill people, it's the people using them that do. But control over their use is wise to protect the safety and security of the American people.

As many people die every year in drunk driving accidents a were killed in the 9/11 attacks.

Car accident deaths (and suicide) are the two highest causes of teenage death.

I feel we would be a safer and more secure country if $500 billion in a war against drunk driving, teenage car accidents, and gang violence than in the war against Iraq.

Americans are much more likely to die in a car accident caused by drunk driving and speeding and reckless driving than from a terrorist attack.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
I was pulled over once by the transportation police. They are notorious assholes. He saw my NRA sticker. His first question? Do you have any weapons? Total BS. I was coming from work at night.

I asked what do you consider a weapon? I continued..well. I have this knife. I flicked it open. It was right in his face, in plain view, but he didn't ID it as a knife. (spyderco card knife in my wallet) I have a club right here..(used to lock the steering wheel.) I'm DRIVING A 4000# bludgeon. oh...and I'm a weapon. Is THAT what you mean?

"Do you have any firearms?" Oh, you are hassling me because of my sticker? "No" "I just want to know?" "No. I have no firearms." What did you pull me over for? "Your head light is out."

Thanks, it's on my to do list tomorrow. Do you always hassle people based on their bumper stickers? No answer.

So there you have it. What is a weapon exactly?????? Cars fit right in.

M.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
ACCOKEEK, Md. - Police in Maryland say an eighth person has died after a car roared into a crowd that was watching a drag race on a suburban highway.

Authorities say the driver accidentally drove into the crowd but wasn't part of the race. The spectators had just watched two other cars speed off.

Seven people died at the scene. Police say the latest victim died at a hospital. Six others were injured

I agree Scotty. But here is the kicker. It wasn't an assault car that mowed down those innocent people watching an illegal race. Nope not one Supra, Celica, Mustang or Camaro. It was a Crown Vic. Have you noticed you have to jump through hoops to own a firearm that is a right, but anyone can walk onto a dealership or auction house to buy a privelage.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Angel,

There has been exactly 1 murder with a legally owned "machine gun" in the united states since the Feds strictly regualted them. And that murder was an off duty cop that killed his wife with it.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
I think we should banned cars. Look at the street racing deaths in MD... More car control. 5 day waiting period at least for cars. Maybe we should ban NASCAR and F1 racing they put bad ideas in kids heads.

Damn those cars.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Angel There are currently 10 states that do not recognize class 3 licenses at all, and that many more that heap a host of additional regulations on them. In the states that they are allowed, the licensing is extensive and expensive to aquire. The entire process is very regulated and restricted, with every part and complete weapon cataloged and registered and their movements tracked. Variation on the applied laws are punishable by 10 years in prison and a $250k fine. Add to that, the cost of the very cheapest full auto rifles begins at about $6,000, and the cooler toys maintaining a price tag in excess of the cost of a brand new fully equipped hummer, it's easy to see that the threat that actual fully-auto assault machine guns are simply a nonexistent threat to our country.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Angel, The semi-automatic actions on the list of the proposed guns to be banned are identical to those semi-automatic actions on the more traditional looking sporting rifles; ie. Browning BAR, as perfect mentioned, Remington 7400, Ruger mini 14, as well as a host of others. Thus, the only real difference, is their appearance. As a matter of fact, the Ruger Mini-14 is on the new extended ban list, based on the fact that accessories can be added to it that give it a military appearance, while not at all changing it's operation. The contention that any semi-automatic can be converted to full-auto, is both true and untrue. It's not nearly as easy as old-wives tales suggest, and without gunsmithing experience, is beyond the capabilities of the average gun owner. In any case, to ban an entire firearm platform, and an extensive list of individual gun designs, based on what could hypothetically be done with them, is akin to banning SUV's because an evil minded person could direct them into a crowd of people in the street, taking out many more people than any of these whacked out assholes have yet to do with assault rifles. Anyone who would suggest that a vehicle has nowhere near the destructive capability as an assault rifle with a 30 round magazine, I'd merely refer to Timothy McVeigh.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Is the AR-15 BAR question another one designed to pump up your fragile ego?

Really, Dan, we know that you know a lot about firearms. Much more than I care to know.

There. Feel better now?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18148 posts)
I think we should issue an AK 47 and ammo to every veteran that would be able to purchase one in a store and their state regs.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
""I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms. I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers." Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms." This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries and woods.""

These are the words that appeared on a famous outdoorsman's blog last year about this time. The words came from Jim Zumbo, a long time outdoor writer, hunter and editor of Outdoor Life magazine. The backlash that this created was immense and immediate. Mr Zumbo lost his job, Remington Arms immediately discontinued their sponsorship to him, as well as a host of other companies that specialize in outdoor gear. Outdoorsman nationwide turned on Zumbo, with their own version of "shock and awe". The effects were devastating to Mr. Zumbo's long running and lucrative career. And this was directed at one of our own.

Don't kid yourself. Gun owners everywhere are involved in an educational campaign as we speak, to address all that an assault rifle ban really entails, and while it should come as no surprise that they don't look favorably at either Obama or Clinton, they're also fighting tooth and nail to re-educate anybody that would fall victim to the brady bunch's propaganda campaign. Make no mistake, the clinton assault rifle ban was sneaked through based largely in part to a total misunderstanding of all the ban comprised, and even garnished the support of some hunters and gun owners. That mistake won't happen again, as so much more of the general public now knows that "assault rifle" has absolutely nothing to do with with the automatic AK-47 "machine guns" we see our enemies firing on TV, but instead apply to firearms that are exactly the same as "traditional" hunting and sporting arms, with the only similarity to their "evil assault rifle counterparts", is in their looks alone.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... More 
Start   4991 to 5000 of 6164   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns