Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 85710104991
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... More 
Start   4991 to 5000 of 5718   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Myth: Police are our protection - people don't need guns Fact: Tell that to 18,209 murder victims, 497,950 robbery victims, and 96,122 rape victims that the police could not help. Fact: The courts have consistently ruled that the police do not have an obligation to protect individuals. In Warren v. District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App. 1981), the court stated: `… courts have without exception concluded that when a municipality or other governmental entity undertakes to furnish police services, it assumes a duty only to the public at large and not to individual members of the community.' Well, except for politicians that receive taxpayer-financed bodyguards. Fact: There are not enough police to protect everyone. In 1999, there were about 150,000 police officers on duty at any one time. • This is on-duty police. This includes desk clerks, command sergeants, etc. – far fewer than 150,000 cops are cruising your neighborhood. • There were approximately 271,933,702 people living in the United States. • Thus there is only one on-duty cop for every 1,813 citizens! Fact: Former Florida Attorney General Jim Smith told Florida legislators that police responded to only 200,000 of 700,000 calls for help to Dade County authorities. Fact: The United States Department of Justice found that, in 1989, there were 168,881 crimes of violence for which police had not responded within 1 hour. Fact: 95% of the time police arrive too late to prevent a crime or arrest the suspect.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Myth: Private ownership of guns is not effective in preventing crime Fact: Every year, people in the United States use a gun to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times – more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds.285 Of these instances, 15.6% of the people using a firearm defensively stated that they "almost certainly" saved their lives by doing so. Firearms are used 60 times more often to protect lives than to take lives. Fact: In 83.5% (2,087,500) of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first, proving that guns are very well suited for self-defense. Fact: Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use guns to defend themselves, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Fact: Less than 8% of the time does a citizen wound his or her attacker, and in less than one in a thousand instances is the attacker killed. Fact: For every accidental death, suicide or homicide with a firearm, 10 lives are saved through defensive use. Fact: When using guns in self-defense: • 83% of robbery victims were not injured • 88% of assault victims were not hurt • 76% of all self-defense use of guns never involve firing a single shot Fact: After the implementation of Canada's 1977 gun controls prohibiting handgun possession for protection, the “breaking and entering” crime rate rose 25%, surpassing the American rate.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Myth: Private ownership of guns is not effective in preventing crime Fact: Every year, people in the United States use a gun to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times – more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds.285 Of these instances, 15.6% of the people using a firearm defensively stated that they "almost certainly" saved their lives by doing so. Firearms are used 60 times more often to protect lives than to take lives. Fact: In 83.5% (2,087,500) of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first, proving that guns are very well suited for self-defense. Fact: Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use guns to defend themselves, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Fact: Less than 8% of the time does a citizen wound his or her attacker, and in less than one in a thousand instances is the attacker killed. Fact: For every accidental death, suicide or homicide with a firearm, 10 lives are saved through defensive use. Fact: When using guns in self-defense: • 83% of robbery victims were not injured • 88% of assault victims were not hurt • 76% of all self-defense use of guns never involve firing a single shot Fact: After the implementation of Canada's 1977 gun controls prohibiting handgun possession for protection, the “breaking and entering” crime rate rose 25%, surpassing the American rate.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Got to love all those 1911's and their varients! I was looking at a few last summer, but wanted a smaller carry gun. I found myself looking at Glocks, because a buddy has one that I've done a lot of shooting with, but ultimately decided on a springfield armory xd-40sc for about the same $ as the glock, because I personally liked the grip angle a little better. Fit my hand nicer than the glock, and smaller than the 1911's

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Myth: Guns are often used to commit violent crimes Fact: 90% of all violent crimes in the U.S. do not involve firearms of any type. Fact: Even in crimes where the offender possessed a gun during the commission of the crime, 83% did not use or threaten to use the gun. Fact: Less than 1% of firearms will ever be used in the commission of a crime. Fact: Two-thirds of the people who die each year from gunfire are criminals being shot by other criminals.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Myth: Only the government should have guns Fact: Only if you want criminals to have them as well. Loose inventory controls are notorious in government agencies, as shown by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) that has “misplaced” 539 weapons, including a gas-grenade launcher and 39 automatic rifles or machine guns. Six guns were eventually linked to crimes (two guns had been used in armed robberies, one confiscated in a raid on a drug laboratory and two others during arrests. One was being held as evidence in a homicide investigation). And in July of 2001, it was reported that the FBI lost 449 weapons, including machine guns.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
As for "Colt", and don't get me wrong, they're damn fine weapons, and I still want a 357 mag Colt Python, but in the case of the AR platforms, all it did for the rifle I bought was give a $1000 rifle a much higher price tag. I've handled the same models since, by companies like Bushmaster & Oly, that shoot just as accurately for a lot less $. Remington is coming out with a new AR-15 the first of the year, with a special predator version available in february. For a suggested retail of about a grand, I can't wait to get my hands on one. So many weapons, so little time

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
I just wanna know if I was right and what my prize is if I was :)

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17689 posts)
As far as "assault rifles" go, I did keep my Colt AR-15 in .223, but the only thing I've assaulted with it so far, has been coyotes and woodchucks,lol. The 223 used to be a lot cheaper to shoot than either my 17 rem or 22-250, but man the prices for ammo have skyrocketed over the past year or so. Really blows my mind with the little 17 centerfire too. Here's a rifle shooting a bullet the diameter of an air rifle, and it costs upwards of $1.25 a shot. Doesn't cost me that much to feed my big game rifles. Fine example of Less is More... Now if I could convince mrs dance of that, I'd be all set,lol ;)

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
FJ, Those marlin 336's are fine rifles. I had a winchester 94 in 30-30, but left it for my son when we moved from NY a couple months ago. Was a fine rifle for big game at medium and close ranges. It was always my opinion though, that the marlins were built a lot more sturdy than the 94's were. Guess when you consider that marlin has had the lever action guide gun in 45-70 for years, says something about their construction. Part of me wishes I'd kept my 94, if only for the fact that winnie is out of business now, but I knew my son would get more use out of it than I would in the wide open country out here. I did keep a few flat shooting bolt guns though, and if I'm ever lucky enough to draw a bighorn sheep tag, I'm probably better off with the 7mm rem mag, than the old 30-30 anyway.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... More 
Start   4991 to 5000 of 5718   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns