Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  495  496  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  504  ... 712  Next »
4991 to 5000 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
"sounds like a good political answer. what else was he supposed to say? " =============================================== The truth might be a good start!!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
jeez if i said i wasnt going to take your gun away and the idiots in the crowd kept asking the same question i think i would respond the same way.

sounds like a good political answer. what else was he supposed to say?

Newtown PA
Username hidden
(5327 posts)
Friday, September 05, 2008 He's at it again, and he sounds like he's getting desperate. As we reported in the story above, throughout this tumultuous election season Barack Obama has tried to hide behind vague statements of support for "sportsmen" or unfounded claims of general support for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. He simply refuses to speak honestly about where he stands.

But every once in a while Barack slips up, and we get a glimpse of the anti-gunner behind the curtain. When we do, more and more we see a frantic Barack Obama who sees that the public is not buying his attempts to con them on his Second Amendment stance.

The latest example came at an event in the swing state of Pennsylvania. WSJ . com, reports that during a small political event at a glass factory in Duryea, Pa., Obama was asked about whether he'd ban guns if he were elected president. Predictably, he reverted to his standard, non-committal, "I don't want to take your guns" rhetoric. "If you've got a gun in your house, I'm not taking it,'' Obama said. But apparently he could see that there were those in the crowd who weren't buying into his defense, and he frenetically pressed on … and on. That's when he revealed what he really thinks.

"Even if I want to take them away, I don't have the votes in Congress,'' he said. "This can't be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there.''

Yes, we hear you Senator Obama. Loud and clear.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
"glad you asked. it was actually giving you back the names you called me. Ironic, isn't it? "

Ya gotta love Irony. I like karma too, but it wasn't me who reported you.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18600 posts)
Good, I cling to my guns because I have been a hunter and target shooter since I was about 7 or 8 years old. I cling to my guns, because it is my right and duty to be the first line of defense for myself and my family. The police are there to investigate crime, not to protect you. Both my wife and I have prevented crimes by being armed. When our daughter turns 21 next year, she will get 2 handguns for her birthday and a concealed carry permit the following week. She is already well trained and an excellent shot, but due to federal law, she cannot own a handgun prior to that date. We also have a sense of security knowing that we are not defenseless when we are in areas that might be dangerous. We do bot worry about stopping at a rest area at 0200 to stretch our legs. We do not worry about possible car jacking if in city like Miami or Atlanta, or New Orleans. I have work on dozens of patients who were stabbed and or beaten at Mardi Gras parades, none were armed. Most criminals are cowards and are like the lowest forms of animals, they attack the weak or defenseless. They are NOT going to attack a person who is obviously armed. Good, JNM and the other antigun people do not care enough for your family or your own life, you have my sympathy. But, your cowardice or lack of a grasp for the reality of human behavior, should not put my family or my life at risk. We recently had a group of New Orleans evacuees placed in small towns around our area. Several were roaming the streets and a police officer that was a friend of a friend told them to be be careful, because small town Alabama is NOT New Orleans, there are a lot of nervous people who are well armed, and he just did not want to see any of them (the evacuees) getting killed. Guess what, we did not see the crime increase that some of the other areas saw!

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
OBOMBA " Has A Dream" To Turn America in to a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. To raise Taxes, Confiscate Guns, Kill more aborted babies,Weaken our Military and Intelligence gathering Capabilities,implement racial quotas and affirmation action. This Clowns dreams are nightmares for your children and grandchildren s Future. Then everyone in the world will love us again . Only Barry Hussein the Great Messiah can make that happen. This Vile Traitor must be stopped !!!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Good no one in any conversation with you delivered the hate and bile at any level comparable to yours. SLS must have felt it was pretty bad for it to suspend a favored VIP member that it ignored for weeks.

so, I take it you know the circumstances then dj? or just more drive by hate and bile?

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
"Good

Tell us, how did a nice, considerate guy like you get suspended? "

glad you asked. it was actually giving you back the names you called me. Ironic, isn't it?

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
Good

Tell us, how did a nice, considerate guy like you get suspended?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18600 posts)
JNM, Tell your son to look me up. I'll hook him up with a great deal on an "assault rifle" of his choosing. ~Mick

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  495  496  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  504  ... 712  Next »
4991 to 5000 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.