Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... More 
Start   4941 to 4950 of 6110   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think we should banned cars. Look at the street racing deaths in MD... More car control. 5 day waiting period at least for cars. Maybe we should ban NASCAR and F1 racing they put bad ideas in kids heads.

Damn those cars.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Angel There are currently 10 states that do not recognize class 3 licenses at all, and that many more that heap a host of additional regulations on them. In the states that they are allowed, the licensing is extensive and expensive to aquire. The entire process is very regulated and restricted, with every part and complete weapon cataloged and registered and their movements tracked. Variation on the applied laws are punishable by 10 years in prison and a $250k fine. Add to that, the cost of the very cheapest full auto rifles begins at about $6,000, and the cooler toys maintaining a price tag in excess of the cost of a brand new fully equipped hummer, it's easy to see that the threat that actual fully-auto assault machine guns are simply a nonexistent threat to our country.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Angel, The semi-automatic actions on the list of the proposed guns to be banned are identical to those semi-automatic actions on the more traditional looking sporting rifles; ie. Browning BAR, as perfect mentioned, Remington 7400, Ruger mini 14, as well as a host of others. Thus, the only real difference, is their appearance. As a matter of fact, the Ruger Mini-14 is on the new extended ban list, based on the fact that accessories can be added to it that give it a military appearance, while not at all changing it's operation. The contention that any semi-automatic can be converted to full-auto, is both true and untrue. It's not nearly as easy as old-wives tales suggest, and without gunsmithing experience, is beyond the capabilities of the average gun owner. In any case, to ban an entire firearm platform, and an extensive list of individual gun designs, based on what could hypothetically be done with them, is akin to banning SUV's because an evil minded person could direct them into a crowd of people in the street, taking out many more people than any of these whacked out assholes have yet to do with assault rifles. Anyone who would suggest that a vehicle has nowhere near the destructive capability as an assault rifle with a 30 round magazine, I'd merely refer to Timothy McVeigh.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Is the AR-15 BAR question another one designed to pump up your fragile ego?

Really, Dan, we know that you know a lot about firearms. Much more than I care to know.

There. Feel better now?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18089 posts)
I think we should issue an AK 47 and ammo to every veteran that would be able to purchase one in a store and their state regs.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
""I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms. I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers." Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms." This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries and woods.""

These are the words that appeared on a famous outdoorsman's blog last year about this time. The words came from Jim Zumbo, a long time outdoor writer, hunter and editor of Outdoor Life magazine. The backlash that this created was immense and immediate. Mr Zumbo lost his job, Remington Arms immediately discontinued their sponsorship to him, as well as a host of other companies that specialize in outdoor gear. Outdoorsman nationwide turned on Zumbo, with their own version of "shock and awe". The effects were devastating to Mr. Zumbo's long running and lucrative career. And this was directed at one of our own.

Don't kid yourself. Gun owners everywhere are involved in an educational campaign as we speak, to address all that an assault rifle ban really entails, and while it should come as no surprise that they don't look favorably at either Obama or Clinton, they're also fighting tooth and nail to re-educate anybody that would fall victim to the brady bunch's propaganda campaign. Make no mistake, the clinton assault rifle ban was sneaked through based largely in part to a total misunderstanding of all the ban comprised, and even garnished the support of some hunters and gun owners. That mistake won't happen again, as so much more of the general public now knows that "assault rifle" has absolutely nothing to do with with the automatic AK-47 "machine guns" we see our enemies firing on TV, but instead apply to firearms that are exactly the same as "traditional" hunting and sporting arms, with the only similarity to their "evil assault rifle counterparts", is in their looks alone.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Tbr, That's not entirely true. Times change. The first 3 companies could indeed drop entire product lines, and thus limit the amount of job loss. Most of the other companies have retooled and based their entire operations on a rifle platform that has had explosive growth and acceptance over the past several years, the AR 15. Unfortunately the AR is a prime target of the gun ban. To think that job loss would not be an issue is naive at best. While they certainly could stop producing complete rifles, and turn production to producing accessories for thousands and thousands of these rifles already in existence, that the ban would not remove from circulation, just as it didn't before, a conversion like this would still result in massive layoffs, for the companies that were able to survive at all. I didn't even touch on the ripple effect that would apply to companies that produce accessories, import firearms and sales of firearms.

Mischief is absolutely correct... nobody ever raped a 357 magnum. And if there's one single phrase that can prevent a crime from happening, and is proven over and over again, it's....... "I've got a gun"

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
The arms companies will change the cosmetics and continue to produce, just like they did before...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18089 posts)
What is interesting to me? How that lone woman with her piece stopped a massacre in that church...but no one brings that up.

Correct NO thinking person believes Obama or Clinton on 2A. What would be interesting is to see how many people would give up their rights to personal protection while Obama/Clinton et al maintain theirs. Let them give up their armed guards first. They never would. It's a dangerous world out there. Why would their life be worth protecting but not our own families lives?

M.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Tbr, And that would be the reasoning behind why I would currently vote in favor of the politicians that have the proven track record as being the most gun friendly. It's not at all that I don't understand, and even support some points that both ends of the political spectrum make, it's that imho, the gun issue, whether the 2A is invoked to prove or disprove personal rights, is the issue that I find to be under the most serious immediate attack.

While I happen to believe that professional trained armed security on campus, would provide a major deterrent to school shootings, that may not be the answer. I also believe that by tightening up the laws we currently have, and indeed making them stricter yet, to the point that if a criminal uses a gun in the commission of a felony, that they use up all 3 strikes and get a first class ticket to life without parole, that it would be an effective crime deterrent. But alas, perhaps you're right, and there is no easy answer.

To further complicate things, since there is little doubt that Obama or Hillary will reinstate the assault weapon ban as it stands, I'm wondering how we'll address the employees and their families that would be displaced when the following companies are forced to downsize or close entirely. Hi-Point Firearms Kel-tec firearms Remington Arms Stag Arms Bushmaster Rock River Arms ArmaLite Inc DPMS Panther Arms Olympic Arms American Spirit Arms

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... More 
Start   4941 to 4950 of 6110   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns