Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  490  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  498  499  ... 747  Next »
4941 to 4950 of 7470
User Details are only visible to members.
Scorp, let me clue you in on weapons. The fact that the hammer is back on a pistol does not always mean that there is not a safety on. Many single action pistols have a safety that can be engaged while the weapon has the hammer back. If you have to take the time to cock the weapon, precious time may be lost that might be the difference between life and death for the clerk. I would suggest that you read a bit about guns before you post. Also, the big box stores have to worry about quota fillers claiming discrimination and hire people who are about as informed as your average liberal about weapons. I will take Bubba with a Colt over Shaniqua with a cell phone any day

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
"I may be wrong I don't watch much TV let alone Dog, but I believe he does not carry a firearm. It may be the law in his state or he may have a past that forbids him from carrying a firearm. "

Dog was convicted of 18 bank robberies and one count of First Degree Murder.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Scorp, I also want to point out that to carry a 1911 with the hammer down on a loaded 45 the safeties must be disengaged and the hammer held back and lowered by squeezing the trigger on a LOADED round. This is where accidents do occur, and is IMHO not safe.

When the military carried the 1911 it was carried with the hammer down on a empty chamber. Note there were still accidents at the clearing barrel while lowering the hammer! To fire the soldier must rack a round, then engage the safety or fire. In combat as you are already fired upon and are either dead or under cover this is ok. Plus it is not the primary weapon. In a robbery or self defense situation this is just dumb as you are dead by the time you rack the gun, and now your advisory has a nice 1911.

1911's are only for the experienced and well trained hand gunner. Autos require more experience and training, but the 1911 is more so. A double action revolver is better for the newbie but STILL requires training.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
"Also Dan.. you do understand here that I am talking about "

Yes, I understand EXACTLY what you are talking about. I know you're totally full of shit on this. I know what you think you see...... and you're wrong to the point of complete ignorance.

But I stlll still luv ya. :-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19575 posts)
"Sportsman's Warehouse isn't playing out "Dog the Bounty Hunter" fantasies behind the counter. That's the difference." ================================================ I may be wrong I don't watch much TV let alone Dog, but I believe he does not carry a firearm. It may be the law in his state or he may have a past that forbids him from carrying a firearm.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
cocked and loaded?

sounds kinda gay to me. not that there is anything wrong with that...

Newtown PA
Username hidden
(5327 posts)
"The difference is that their employees would be fired if they were to work the counter with a cocked gun? That makes sense to me since it's a highly dangerous practice." ================================================== Do you actually know anything about guns? Maybe you should educate yourself before purchasing any weapon.

Outside of revolvers MOST weapons are carried cocked and locked. Do you own a modern shotgun without external hammers? Guess what when you break a single or double it COCKS the hammers and automatically engages the safety "cocked and locked". pump shotgun?? When you rack the round it cocks the gun, but does not engage the safety. Any small hammer less pocket automatic is "cocked and locked". Just because you see no hammer does not mean it is not cocked. Mauser rifle, sorry when you operate the bolt you lock the firing pin in the rear(cocked) position, same for the Springfield, same for the Czech and Russian riffles.

And by the way most modern revolvers can be fired JUST by pulling the trigger with no safety. If you actually purchased a 1911 clone, you should know that to fire you must remove the hammer block safety, yes that little safety on the side actually blocks the hammer by locking the hammer with a cam. There is also on all 1911 clones a grip safety which blocks the trigger by a bar. The safety must be gripped or the trigger can not travel rearward to engage the sear.

I suggest you stay away from handling ANY firearms until you receive some training and education on the proper safeties and proper ways of carrying. And BTW the FBI, US Marshall and other US law enforcement special units that carry the Kimber, Springfield, or Colt CARRY COCKED AND LOCKED!!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Also Dan.. you do understand here that I am talking about employees/owners with guns cocked and hitched on their hip, right? Does that not seem extreme to you?

If local/small gun shops are being robbed more than large warehouses though.. and they are walking around with cocked guns.. what does that tell you? Maybe they shouldn't have everything so out in the open?.. like the larger gun warehouses? Or maybe more than one vigilante working the store.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would think that a local/small gun shop would have someone working it that didn't at least have a gun near to them to defend themselves.. so the risk is a little screwier than I could ever understand anyway. But if it's such a terrible business to be in, why would they be in it? To arm their city in the charity and goodness of mankind? Most likely, they are just hyped up in some kind of hysterical paranoia, which seems to be fed by other gun nuts.

Southaven MS
Username hidden
(1769 posts)
Ahem.. *she* will answer since you are pasting what *she* posted. And no obviously, I am not avoiding the question, but I do have better shit to do in the Christmas holidays than obsess about a gun debate in the SLS forums.. :)

"So let's THINK what the difference is." - The difference is that their employees would be fired if they were to work the counter with a cocked gun? That makes sense to me since it's a highly dangerous practice. You may not have the same kind of mercenary wannabees in PA.. and I know you don't live in a city as dangerous as Memphis.. which is number one in the nation for robberies. Still.. Sportsman's Warehouse isn't playing out "Dog the Bounty Hunter" fantasies behind the counter. That's the difference.

Southaven MS
Username hidden
(1769 posts)
"Think Sears vs 7-11 and who gets held up more"

The customer???

$0.79 for a $0.25 pack of gum:)

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  490  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  498  499  ... 747  Next »
4941 to 4950 of 7470
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.