Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... More 
Start   4941 to 4950 of 5954   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yea and the polls said bush lost the last election before it was over...Now how many states did Kerry carry again?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
We really are arguing the same side.

I agree there are plenty of laws on the books. I agree that we should enforce the current laws before any others are passed.

The polls say that people generally support an individuals right to own a firearm. The polls also say that people generally want more gun control.

The American people like compromise. They are also often irrational. The task for the NRA and other groups is to appear reasonable and turn the opinion of most people to where you and others are.

It will be very tough, because every time a tragedy like VT happens, the sound bites for gun control are much easier. Rational arguments will not make it in that case.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17985 posts)
Show me statistics where a gun attacked a person all by its self and I might listen.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
The hell with PR. Take any incident of a lunatic, with a gun, and then stop to think do lunatics care about gun laws. Unless your going to give the death penalty for a gun violation, how is a law going to deter them. I mean really a person is going to commit a crime that may get them lethal injected, and they are going to give a damn about a silly gun law. Do you think the gang bangers, doing drive by shooting, are going "oh damn we just broke a gun control law". Wow how silly can a liberal get.

It's our 2 amendment right get over it. The media can take their PR and shove it!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
"When any of the first 10 Amendments gets repealed, the end will be near for the USA."

AMEN. And should the first to get repealed be the 2nd, then we'll all see first hand how much truth there is to the statement "The 2nd amendment exist to guarantee the existence of all the rest"

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
There are over 20,000 gun laws on the books. law number 20,001 would not have prevented Columbine, Virginia Tech, The Amish School shooting or the man from shooting someone somewhere for a $20.00 bill. There are too many laws restricting LEGAL gun owners. Once again CRIMINALS could care less about laws. Gun restrictions and gun laws just don't apply to them. Check this out:

ht tp ://w w w.youtube* com/watch?v=j_YTM_eAWnQ&feature=PlayList&p=71349B5EE9129991&index=6

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
"So the Brown court got it right, or more right then the Plessy court."

I figured that would be your next question.

Which would you like me to argue?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17985 posts)
Sweet-

The bias in the news is basically my argument here. It is my belief that we are surrounded by bias. For the most part, we can not take off our glasses and see things objectively. We all pick and choose what we will listen and believe.

And I will agree somewhat on polls. It depends on who you ask, when you ask, how you word the question, and a bunch of other factors. I do stats for a living, and am very familiar with how to ask question and interpret results. That is why you should look at all the polls and try to discern what is really going on. Most people don't do that. The fact is, taking in the totality of the polls, public opinion is generally supportive of greater restrictions on firearms.

You can quote the Constitution and the Federalist papers all you want, but you have a PR problem on your hands. And objectively reality is not going to help you with this one...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17985 posts)
So you recognize nuance and situation. Good for you.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17985 posts)
Also as far as the PR goes. Look how many liberal stories hit the news on gun control. Mainstream media is liberal not conservative. I wish it was neither. The news is supposed to report an unbiased view. It seldom does anymore. Look at the media reports on let's say gun buybacks. The media praises the police for taking the initiative to buy guns back from the community saying how it will eliminate crime and especially gun crime. But who turns in their guns? Do you think a career felon is going to walk into a police station and sell them a gun? A gang banger? A convicted armed robber? No it is little old ladies and people bringing in small caliber or non working guns. It is law abiding people who are making themselves future victims.

Polls are useless. Any poll can achieve the answer it wants. Gallup is notorious for this. They question poll people who will be sintamental to their poll. If thr NRA did a similar poll to the one you were talking about then their poll would show the opposite.

Most of your University law professors are liberals and are all over the news speaking how the Second Amendment is a collective right and gun control is the best thing for America and that Americans have no right to own weapons.

Liberals have taken over our media, our Universities and Hollywood. Maybe John Wayne and the others kicking Communists out of Hollywood should have gone after the Liberals too.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... More 
Start   4941 to 4950 of 5954   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns