Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 85710104941
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... More 
Start   4941 to 4950 of 5718   End
User Details are only visible to members.
TBR, You also have to take into account gun owners who will not admit to surveys that they own guns. I don't have a clue what the percentage would be but I would estimate using my own logic that it would be pretty high. I would estimate that MAYBE 65% of households actually own guns. I have no facts to back this up but it is just a feeling on my part. Personally I don't disclose I own guns to surveys, mainly because I don't know what the surveys are used for. When asked about guns I decline comment on if and how many I own. But I do disclose I do support the Second Amendment.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Jesus FJ-

Is it that important to you to call me wrong? Go ahead. I've been wrong lots of times, and will be wrong lots more times.

Anyway, Sweets stats lend credence to my case. Reported ownership rate at 46%, under-report 3-6%. At the high end, 46+6=52%. Right around 50 percent.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17346 posts)
I just find it funny that people actually believe that CRIMINALS would actually abide by GUN LAWS.

"Now that guns are outlawed we can do driveby's with our sling shots."

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
I just love proving a liberal wrong.....Any doubts ask your own friends.........LOL

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
And here's a good one for ya TBR. Every single search warrant, I served yielded multiple firearms. I say every single one. That includes burglars, murderers, rapists, you name it. Ya think they were in the data base..........LOL

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Number of firearms in America: 228,000,000 (449) Number of firearm owning households: At least 50,600,000 (450) Projected firearm owning households in America: 60-85 million Number of guns used in crimes: 450,000 (451) Percentage of guns used in crimes: 0.09% Violent crimes committed daily by paroled prisoners: Murders: 14 Rapes: 48 Robberies: 578

449 BATF estimate, 1999 450 Surveys show a “reported” ownership rate of 46%, but it is universally believed that these surveys under-reported (i.e., people that own firearms don’t want to admit so to a pollster). This is validated by surveys performed by the National Opinion Research Center. They perform their surveys face-to-face at the respondent’s home, and routinely have reported gun ownership rates 3-6% lower than telephone based surveys. 451 Ibid

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Not all states have stats on gun owners. Are you talking handguns? It is more likely with regulations to tell how many handgun owners there are. But there are no restrictions on passing down long guns in most states. My son now owns my 1853 enfield. My step son owns my traditions side lock. Black powder handguns have no record at all. Everybody I know, liberal conservative moderate in between.... I say everybody now I know owns a type of firearm. OK hot shot prove me wrong!!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
Fjep, Funny you brought up pools here is a 2001 study from the CDC

Cause of death Count % of children Motor vehicle 4,550 46.2% Drowning 2,102 17.4% Fire/burn 482 10.6% Suffocation 250 5.5% Pedestrian, Other 145 3.2% Other Land Transport 144 3.2% Fall 98 2.2% Poisoning 81 1.8% Natural/ Environment 73 1.6% Firearm 72 1.6% Other Transport 68 1.5% Struck by or Against 67 1.5% Other Spec., classifiable 62 1.1% Center for Disease Control, 20 Leading Causes of Unintentional Injury Deaths, United States, 2001, All Races, Both Sexes, Ages: 1-14

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Torta, how did your child get to her friends house? Was she driven? Lots more people killed on the road than by guns and drugs. Beside do you ask the parents do you have guns or do drugs? Think they are honest? Are they going to tell you the truth? Better to educate her than to worry if there is a gun or drugs somewhere as you will never know for the most part.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
The best stats I have seen have about 50 million gun owners. That would be about half of households, not 90 percent.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17346 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... More 
Start   4941 to 4950 of 5718   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns