Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 85710104941
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... More 
Start   4941 to 4950 of 5723   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Criminals are more afraid of running into an armed victim than the police. Gun laws only affect law abiding citizens. Criminals respect gun laws about as much as they do any other law. I have said many times before, Criminals support gun control. It makes their jobs safe.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Let me put it this way, there are a lot more households with guns than pools. And more children drown than are shot.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
Yeah, those kind of social surveys can get real sloppy. Big confidence interval problems, self report bias, etc.

My point was that the household ownership of guns is not near 90%. But 65% is conceivable, I suppose.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
I believe those stats came from the us census also.............Now do you think every gun owner checked off he owned guns. I refused to do my census, they even sent feds to my house.....LOL

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
TBR

It's not important, but that stats is like polls, on some things they are very very wrong. And in the case of guns in homes they are way off. The point is if you take guns away from honest citizens the crooks will still have theirs. And trust me ask any LEO they will tell you it's the norm not the exeption.

FJ

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
TBR, You also have to take into account gun owners who will not admit to surveys that they own guns. I don't have a clue what the percentage would be but I would estimate using my own logic that it would be pretty high. I would estimate that MAYBE 65% of households actually own guns. I have no facts to back this up but it is just a feeling on my part. Personally I don't disclose I own guns to surveys, mainly because I don't know what the surveys are used for. When asked about guns I decline comment on if and how many I own. But I do disclose I do support the Second Amendment.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Jesus FJ-

Is it that important to you to call me wrong? Go ahead. I've been wrong lots of times, and will be wrong lots more times.

Anyway, Sweets stats lend credence to my case. Reported ownership rate at 46%, under-report 3-6%. At the high end, 46+6=52%. Right around 50 percent.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
I just find it funny that people actually believe that CRIMINALS would actually abide by GUN LAWS.

"Now that guns are outlawed we can do driveby's with our sling shots."

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
I just love proving a liberal wrong.....Any doubts ask your own friends.........LOL

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
And here's a good one for ya TBR. Every single search warrant, I served yielded multiple firearms. I say every single one. That includes burglars, murderers, rapists, you name it. Ya think they were in the data base..........LOL

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19406 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... More 
Start   4941 to 4950 of 5723   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns