Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ... More 
Start   4921 to 4930 of 5954   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A gun is a gun, and a saw is a saw, yet they're all tools. My little lady just happens to prefer the BIG TOOLS, lol ;o)~

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Speaking of tools the federal government doesn't want you to have, include books. I have been slowly collecting books that I KNOW the government wants banned. I am a collector of books. I order these subversive texts over the net. If I was really going to use them to do what they are about I would NEVER leave such a trail. duh. I'm sure some super computer some where is tracking my entire life because of these purchases. They are chemistry and drug books....generally. Stuff, I have an advanced degree in. Ergo.. I don't need these books to do what they are about. Stuff I find interesting in and of it's self.

I sure there will come a time when such books will be forever banned. This is not OK. Knowledge is good. The library at Alexandria was burned down. Priceless information had to be reinvented because of the acts of a few. One such author they "punished" by using the only means possible. The powers that be used the EPA to shut him down because he had broken no laws. He published another book anyway. The first book is a cook book. PIKAL is a priceless compendium of information on drugs and their effects on humans.

We have more to fear than is generally known.

Mischief (used her circular saw to build 3 homes.)

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
It is logically inconsistent to say that a gun by itself does not commit a crime but a gun by itself prevents a crime.

But we are getting way far afield from my original statement.

My contention is that a "no retreat, no prisoners" attitude towards gun control will actually cause more gun control.

You can sit around and quote the Constitution, the Federalist papers, gun experts, and anybody else you want. Unless you change the perception of the majority of people in this country, you are fighting a losing battle.

But we are really not getting anywhere here, so I'm going to go watch some football. Redskins losing 10-0.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18001 posts)
Criminals are not scared of their victims. Yet they are scared of a potential victim with a gun. So what is the deterring factor? The gun. No a gun will not fire on it's own (unless it is a Bryco). Yet the gun is the deterrent to a criminal. A criminal just like the rest of us want a safe work environment. You don't want someone walking into your life and shoot you over what you have in your wallet or home. A criminal don't want to be shot robbing you.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
TBR But by the guns very presence it does have a positive impact without being used. Now a gun used to rob, rape, maim, or kill, must be utilized, handled. If it is on a holster on ones side it is not functioning, but still a deterrent. Even better yet, even if there is no gun present, the idea that a certain person is armed can prevent a crime. It could be just a cell phone under a shirt that deters a crime. But a criminal in Illinois doesn't worry about that because he knows the law too. And a law abiding citizen would not have a concealed weapon.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Do you guys really have such tunnel vision that you can not even acknowledge another's position?

A gun without a person to wield it, on offense or defense, is simply a hunk of metal. The deterrence comes from the person willing to wield it.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18001 posts)
LOL Sweet, yea I know. But I can still hope. Hell I'd just like to go back to stringing them up in tall tree. Save us a lot of money.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Fjep, Liberals see it like this: If a criminal shoots someone while robbing, raping them then they should be allowed early release because we should feel sorry for them. They have had a hard life and conservatives drove them to a life of crime.

However, if a law abiding citizen shoots a criminal breaking into their home thenthat citizen is the villan. Liberals believe that "property" is not worth someones life. Liberals also feel that the criminal and his family have the right to sue the victim if the criminal is hurt or killed in a "justified" killing. Besides look at the income that was lost when that violent criminal died. His family is going to suffer because they cannot watch YOUR new T.V. he promised them. The state will suffer from lack of federal funds because he will not be in prison 9 more times in his life.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
If criminals KNOW you are armed you are less likely to be bothered. A gun is a DETERRANT. Career criminals are more afraid of an armed victim than the police. FBI studies have shown and quoted this.

D.C.'s gun ban: Violent crime ROSE after the gun ban took place. New Orleans LA, police, National Guard and the Coast Guard went house to house and boat to boat taking guns from law abiding citizens. Not allowing them their human right to defend themselves and their property.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
4 laws that would make a difference, but I bet liberals would think they are to harsh.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ... More 
Start   4921 to 4930 of 5954   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns