Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  488  489  490  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  ... 711  Next »
4921 to 4930 of 7102
User Details are only visible to members.
I guess Island is just filling in for Jimmyboy while he's under suspension.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
Hey shootem' if you gotem'...lol I would imagine you anti gun nutz will be screaming like little girls for anyone with a gun to come save your ass in an emergency that requires one.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Nice post djack.

Your insecurity is showing!!!!!

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
djack "Island, you often characterize gun owners as being afraid." Please site the post. I think this is the first time I've even looked at this thread in months.

What I did say is: "fear should not rule us, or by any means guide us. It leads to bad decisions."

That's an old Japanese instruction they teach the first day of Judo class. then they through you through the air like a rag doll - lol. I was on a collegiate Judo team and later taught Judo at a Community College for fun and exercise.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
Island, Am glad you are in your idea of paradise. Mine and yours just happen to differ. You fish, I hunt. You like sun and beach, I like mountain and lake. My paradise requires a gun at times, yours requires storm shutters. I gain pleasure from target shooting and get some low fat game from hunting. Guns are as much a part of my life as boating is yours. The difference is that we hunters could care less what size boat you have.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
"damn divorce lawyers!! "

Hey! You just didn't hire a good one I guess.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
yup was successful, but it was a long and arduous process to be sure. silly.

btw, as to adding this wife to my accounts i look at it as the same reason no prenup. my first wife got it all so 1/2 of nothing is still nothing..

damn divorce lawyers!!

Newtown PA
Username hidden
(5327 posts)
There is difference between being afraid and being prepared. By being prepared, we have both stopped crimes. Small price to pay for safety.To think that the entire country is a safe place is living in denial.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
fun

Not all of us live in a state of fear. I live in paradise (...without the 40 virgins, heck there may not be a virgin on the island). kidding of course!

Maybe I should re-phrase -- fear should not rule us, or by any means guide us. It leads to bad decisions.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
The instant background check (NICS) works 99% of the time. We have a few that are delayed, usually it is a case of a very common name and the person not putting their SSN on the form. Rarely is there ever a denial, since those who cannot purchase know so already, and thus do not attempt to buy guns from dealers. The stupid statistic that the Clintonistas put out after Brady INCLUDED delayed passing with the denied!!! The best thing for we gun owners is that if you have a concealed weapons permit, then the background check should not be required, since one has already been done. Also, for the people who do not live in free states, there should be the OPTION (and only OPTIONAL) process where you can submit to background check by either FBI or ATF, something like the NICS that would be valid for a one year time period so you could avoid the potential delays if you had common name. Of course, the "enlightened" non gun owners who are clueless about weapons will never believe anything except the disarming law abiding citizens as the answer. Am curious as to how some of these people think they would defend themselves, especially those who live in coastal areas. Would any of you liberals have wanted to be UNARMED in New Orleans after Katrina?

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  488  489  490  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  ... 711  Next »
4921 to 4930 of 7102
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.