Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  488  489  490  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  ... 708  Next »
4921 to 4930 of 7075
User Details are only visible to members.
A small inconvenience and cost is acceptable to most of society.

UM the Patriot Act?

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Island

I don't think the inconvenience is necessary. We have the technology to do it instantly in 98% of the cases. I don't believe there is any net benefit for 'cooling off' as opposed to 'desperate need'. Gun ownership is a RIGHT.

Now tell us about your neighbor and what you have done to attempt to get his guns taken away.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
"Your trying to change the subject. I'm discussing keeping guns out of the hands of nutjobs like my neighbor."

What has your neighbor done? Has he been in and out of mental institutions? Does he wander around the neighborhood wearing a diaper and a Armadillo shell? Or is it the point that he has more guns than you think he should have?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
perf

You always keep trying to change the subject. Can't you deal with the issue that you brought up -- inconvenience!

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
Island

You keep using your neighbor as an example. Has he harmed somebody? Is there anything in his past that would legally prevent him from getting a gun? What have you done to inform authorities that he shouldn't have a gun?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
perf, djack

There you go again making eroneous assumptions about liberals. I'm all for voter ID's. You guys are probably okay with licensing guns too gun owner ID's --- right. We all know the NRA talking points on that one.

Your trying to change the subject. I'm discussing keeping guns out of the hands of nutjobs like my neighbor. A small inconvenience and cost is acceptable to most of society.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
Island

So what's wrong with voter ID? Why are so many libs against it. It's just a minor inconvenience, right?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
perf, sweet

We all agree that selling guns to nutjobs are the big problem. If we have to be inconvenienced to keep that from happening, so be it.

We're talking about nutjobs that could do a lot of damage and kill a friend, a neighbor, or a family member. Sorry about the $70 sweet but if that stops one nutjob from getting a gun in his or her hands its worth it.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
Guns don't kill people. People kill people, and they don't need a gun to do it.

I do not think guns are the problem. Look at Australia.

I think the waiting period is reasonable for your first purchase. That gives them the time to run the background checks. I don't think once you have your permit to carry you should have to wait each time you purchase a gun.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Why a cool down period? If I have researched a gun, shopped for it and found it why should I not be able to carry it home with me? I should not have to wait 10 days or 15 or even 21 days before I can take it home.

Also what if I come into some money and am able to buy 7 guns that I have been wanting. Why should I not be able to go to my local gun store and buy them all at once? It would only cost $10.00 for the background check. If I was only allowed 1 gun a month that would be 7 months and $70.00 before I could get them all. Or if my house was broken into and my guns were stolen. My insurance company cuts me a check for my guns and safes; do you realize how many years it would take for me to get all of my guns back? Not to mention all of the money for background checks?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  488  489  490  491  492  493  494  495  496  497  ... 708  Next »
4921 to 4930 of 7075
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.