Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  ... 717  Next »
4851 to 4860 of 7162
User Details are only visible to members.
PerfectMatch:

The Constitution is complex on how it regarded slaves: It sanctioned slavery, but for the purposes of representation it counted slaves as 3/5 of a person, or something else than just property with no quality of personhood.

Jefferson in his original draft of the Declaration recognized the "sacred rights of life & liberty" of the African people.

There was a debate over slavery in the Continental Congress that approved the Declaration, and some of the founding fathers recognized the humanity of African people and some wanted to sanction slavery. Right from the start, there was a conflict between North and South over the issue of slavery, and this conflict can be seen at the time of the Declaration and in the Constitutional convention, and of course this conflict over slavery later eruped in the conflict know as the Civil War. The founding fathers were never unanimous in how they looked upon African peoples in regards to their rights and liberties or status.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Jefferson in his original draft of the Declaration of Independence argued that the peoples of Africa had the 'sacred rights of life & liberty," and he also spoke about the these sacred rights as belonging to people of Africa--and to slaves--in other writings of his. Obviously, Jefferson had some conflicts and contradictions between his theory and practice, but in his original draft of the Declaration he writes about the "sacred rights of life & liberty" belonging to people from Africa, and I believe he did include Africans as possessing these sacred rights. He also wrote later on that if there was a slave rebellion, God would be on the side of the slaves, as he God would recognize that their "sacred rights" had been taken from them by their masters and that the slaves had God on their side in such a revolt: resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Sapp

You can't possibly be stupid enough to think that "all men are created equal" applied to negros in America in 1776. There were slaves in all 13 colonies and slaves weren't considered 'men' in any public documents of the time. They were considered property.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19207 posts)
PerfectMatch:

You were also completely wrong in your interpretation of WEB Dubois' "The Propaganda of History" regarding his views of the primary reason for the Civil War, which he asserted, a few times in the essay, was the conflict over "Negro slavery."

You were also wrong in your reading of the Declaration of Independence and your understanding of "all men are created equal," arguing that Jefferson did not believe that people of Africa had "sacred rights of life & liberty." The ironical thing is that Jefferson claimed that the people of Africa had such "sacred rights of life & liberty" in his original draft of the Declaration of Independence. But your pseudo-logical attempts to read Jefferson and understand the Civil War fail before the complexities of history.

You are also more on the right track if you want to call me arrogant or elitist rather than calling me a dolt, as your method of debating and arguing tends to bring out my arrogance.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Sappy

I've been wrong many times. Just recently I admitted to you that I had not read something on Obama's site before commenting on it.

Why didn't you comment on my post where I interchanged your gun control statement for abortion control statements? lol. You are a dolt.

BTW-

"PerfectMatch has been shown to be wrong about his interpretation of the writings of Karl Marx, WEB DuBois and the Declaration of Independence, yet he never admitted that he was wrong in the face of glaring evidence to the contrary. "

You've NEVER proven me wrong on any of the above. You're interpretation is different.......and illogical, and you totally missed the point of why they were introduced. You mock what you don't understand, or you don't possess the ability to comprehend. That's a very poor attribute for a teacher.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19207 posts)
well put sweet. I can hear comrade obama saying "after much research and consultation with the UN, it has been determined that hunters can have more fun hunting with muzzle loaders and keep with the tradition of the founders. There is a long history of shooting flintlocks and BB guns for sport. Therefore I The One do sign an executive order banning the interstate transport of all ammunition,and the sale and possession of reloading components. YES I CAN" See, you can still hunt and be sportsmen.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
"Let's get the record straight: I believe in the Second Amendment. Nobody who's a hunter out here or a sportsman needs to worry about their guns in an Obama administration."

What about the rest of us? Are the hunters and sportsmen the onlyones protected?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
AZ, that quote is from a man that is quite a bit like obama.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
I intended to put Do you support an citizen having the right to carry a concealed weopn? Obama does not

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
sorry sweet, I pulled a typo.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  ... 717  Next »
4851 to 4860 of 7162
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.