Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  ... 711  Next »
4851 to 4860 of 7105
User Details are only visible to members.
obviously sappy cannot read so posting this again for it:

While a state senator, Obama voted for legislation that would ban and forcibly confiscate nearly every shotgun, target rifle and hunting rifle in the state. Obama also voted for bills that would ration the number of firearms a law-abiding citizen could own, yet give a pass to the violent thugs who roam our streets. And, inexplicably, Obama voted four times against legislation that would allow citizens to use firearms to defend their homes and families.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Sweetbutt:

The interpretation of the Constitution is subject to debate. In a democracy, we are continually debating constitutional issues, including the legitimacy of gun control and limits put on free speech.

Obama believes in more limitation of the right to bear arms than you do, but that does not make him anti Second Amendment. It just makes him in more favor of stricter forms of gun control than you desire. Gun control is constitutional, and even the most conservative judge--Justice Scalia--affirms the constitutionality of gun control.

Obama does not deny the right to bear arms, and he has affirmed time and again his support for the 2nd Amendment, and he's on record for supporting the Supreme Court decision in Heller. Someone who is anti-2nd amendment would not voice support for the decision in Heller.

It's fair to say that Obama has supported some very strict forms of gun control in places such as Chicago, and he sees a definite need for gun control, but he's no threat to overturn the 2nd amendment and has never advocated that.....and to say that he is anti-2nd Amendment is nonsense and fear-mongering and stupidity.

It reveals a mind that is blunt and dull, with no appreciation of nuance and subtlety--a mind that can't see shades of gray, nor understand even the difference between black and white, and, it seems, can only see white.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
The extreme gun control measures that Obama has voted for and or believes in IS anti-gun and anti-2A. If you are for banning every single semi-automatic weapon (shotgun, handgun and rifle) then you are against the most popular form of weaopn and the most popuar form of self defense, therefore are against the 2A according to D.C. vs Heller.

Obama said he did not think he could get it done. That didn't mean he would not try. It doesn't mean he wouldn't think about it. Remember Feinstein said if she could have gotten 51 votes she would ban them all. Obama is the same way.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
"One of the most blatant lies ever to come from a politician's mouth," is how the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) is characterizing a recent statement by U.S. Senator Barack Obama. Speaking in the latest issue of "Field & Stream," Obama claims that Illinois sportsmen know him as an advocate for their rights. On the contrary, Obama's voting record while a state senator clearly indicates that he has nothing but contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner.

"Any sportsman who counts Barack Obama as one of his friends is seriously confused," said ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson. "Throughout his tenure in the Illinois Senate, Obama served as one of the most loyal foot soldiers in Mayor Daley's campaign to abolish civilian firearm ownership. While a state senator, Obama voted for legislation that would ban and forcibly confiscate nearly every shotgun, target rifle and hunting rifle in the state. Obama also voted for bills that would ration the number of firearms a law-abiding citizen could own, yet give a pass to the violent thugs who roam our streets. And, inexplicably, Obama voted four times against legislation that would allow citizens to use firearms to defend their homes and families."

"Let us also not forget that Obama served as a director of the Joyce Foundation," continued Pearson. "While on the Joyce Foundation board, Obama funneled tens of millions of dollars to radical gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center."

"If Senator Obama considers his legislative record and his philanthropic endeavors to be acts of advocacy on behalf of sportsmen's rights, then I submit that the Senator is seriously confused as well," asserted Pearson.

"Nobody knows Obama's record on guns better than I do, and it's rotten to the core," said Pearson. "I've been involved in Illinois politics nearly as long as Obama has been alive. In that time, I have never encountered a legislator who was more hostile towards or more disinterested in sportsmen's rights than Barack Obama."

While a state senator, Obama voted for legislation that would ban and forcibly confiscate nearly every shotgun, target rifle and hunting rifle in the state. Obama also voted for bills that would ration the number of firearms a law-abiding citizen could own, yet give a pass to the violent thugs who roam our streets. And, inexplicably, Obama voted four times against legislation that would allow citizens to use firearms to defend their homes and families.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Sweetbutt:

Can you read?

I've been saying in 527 posts that Obama has been an advocate for gun control.

I've also being an advocate of gun control does not make one anti 2nd amendment, as Justice Scalia, the most conservative judge on the Supreme Court, recognizes the constitutionality of certain forms of gun control.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
"You don't live in Chicago or DC so you don't even have to worry about the tighter forms of gun control that Obama has advocated in the past for such urban regions."

So you finally admit he advocated for gun control and agreed with the D.C. ban. Admission of a problem is the first step of overcoming your problem.

Head our of ass disease has a very simple cure. Just remove it. I have faith in you Sapp. You can do it.

Actually I was in D.C. and Chicago quite often.

Someone in Chicago and D.C. deserves every Constitutional Right that someone in Texas has. They deserve equal rights under the Constitution. There needs to be no more regulation in D.C. than in Wyoming.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Sweetbutt:

I don't see s discrepancy between Obama's words and actions and votes on gun control. You don't live in Chicago or DC so you don't even have to worry about the tighter forms of gun control that Obama has advocated in the past for such urban regions.

Check with me in 4 years: Let me know how many guns Obama has taken away from you while President.

You will be able to lube and caress and use all your guns in complete freedom while Obama is president.

I'm sure that some wackos feel with the prospect of Obama and Michelle in the White House, they will need to own more guns to protect their safety and freedom. I counsel them to go off and do some Civil War re-enactment stuff.

Just be sure if you do a Civil War re-enactment that you bring along Cher's and my favorite Confederate flags: the white rag of surrender.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
Sapp, Guns are not an issue for you, therefore you take Obama's words and speeches at face value. Yet there are many of us who are hunters, own guns, use guns in our jobs, collect them and whatever. We cannot take Obama for his word. We HAVE to look at his past actions, votes and boards he sat on and/or gave money to. We cannot be satisfied with his pretty words. We have to look at what he has done.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Banning all semi-automatic weapons is NOT a reasonable restriction nor is it a constraint. It is gun control.

Banning CCW permits to everyone but retired LEO's is not a reasonable restriction. It is disarming the citizens.

The only reason Obama was for retired LEO's having CCW permits is because he was pandering for votes from the FOP.

Nice try Sapp. Any more bullshit you wanna spin?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
From OntheIssues:

Obama (2008): A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Obama does not reject the right to bear arms. He does believe that individual right can be constrained, as does Justice Scalia.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  ... 711  Next »
4851 to 4860 of 7105
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.