Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... More 
Start   4241 to 4250 of 5923   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Pay a visit to Camp LeJeune, Detrick and I can name at LEAST five more. Prohibited. No firearms in housing PERIOD. Any one viewing this forum in the area can verify it for you. You don't have to take my word for it.

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
I lived on base for 4 years and had firearms. Issued and personal. As to my knowledge the Department of the Navy has no restrictions on enlisted persons. I have known many officers who have collections that could be mistaken for a small arsenal.

While in the military sometimes you have restrictions on some of your rights. That is the price to serve. Officers for example have limits put on their free speech, this is so they cannot speak against their Commander in Chief or their country.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Any one here aware that the possession of firearms within the confines of the housing units inside the perimiter of a military base is PROHIBITED?

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
I hope and pray that the court will come down on the side of freedom.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
The Supreme Court said this morning that the ruling on Heller would be released on 6/26.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
The Supreme Court's upcoming decision in a Washington, D.C. handgun ban case could potentially nullify thousands of gun laws on the books. The case stems from a security guard who was denied a request to keep a firearm in his District residence for self-protection.

Washington D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty recently said that the District's handgun ban "has saved many lives since 1976 and will continue to do so if allowed to remain in force." How does he measure that? The truth is that murder by handguns has gone up substantially in the District since the handgun ban was passed. I wonder how many honest people in the District were killed by thugs with guns because they were deprived of the ability to adequately defend themselves.

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads in its entirety: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

What is it about "shall not" the anti-gun crowd doesn't understand? For years they have argued that the Second Amendment doesn't apply to individual gun ownership, when the comma between the words "free state" and "the right" clearly shows that the framers of the Constitution were masters of brevity and were addressing two different issues they obviously did not want tampered with. Some might not like what the amendment says, but it doesn't change the fact that it says it.

Let's suppose there is a constitutional amendment that reads: A well regulated free government health care system, being necessary to the health of the people, the right of women to have abortions on demand, shall not be infringed. Would the typical anti-gun advocate suddenly understand what "shall not" and "infringe" mean? Would conservative pro-gunners argue that abortions could be regulated, denied or restricted at every level of government?

In the worst case scenario for anti-gunners, the Supreme Court could negate all gun laws on the books because the Second Amendment is the gun law of the land. Keeping and bearing arms shall not be infringed. Gun laws infringe that right. Any law contrary to that is obviously unconstitutional. The amendment doesn't say the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed except if you are a juvenile or a mental patient or live in the District of Columbia. It doesn't restrict convicted criminals from keeping and bearing arms either.

The ramifications of this decision could be enormous. "Keeping" and "bearing" arms are two different issues. Keeping arms would allow citizens to maintain a firearm in their residence, tent, vehicle, boat or other conveyance. Bearing arms could be interpreted as legally carrying firearms in public. Concealed weapon permits would be a thing of the past because they are designed by state governments to infringe residents from bearing firearms.

Should mentally deranged people, organized street gang members or convicted felons be allowed to carry concealed firearms? I don't think so. But they may suddenly regain that right. The Supreme Court could place restrictions on firearm ownership the same way it restricts free speech by excluding libel, slander and yelling fire in a crowded theater when there isn't one. But those restrictions came after decades of rulings handed down by the Court. It seems to me that the only constitutional way to restrict gun ownership is to have a separate amendment that specifies when a person loses his Second Amendment rights.

Even if all gun laws were declared unconstitutional, gun violence would probably not increase significantly because criminals have never followed gun laws, so why would they start now?

No matter where you stand on the issue, it will be exciting to see where the Justices stand on the literal interpretation of the Constitution.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
I agree DUI in a 4000 lbs auto is murder period.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
I also believe that if someone is drunk and gets behind the wheel of a car then they should be charged not only with a DUI but also attempted murder. People know the possibility of what can happen then they get behind the wheel while drunk. There is no excuse. If someone is drunk and kills someone in an accident they need to be charged with and convicted of pre-meditated murder.

***** DISCLAIMER***** This is just my opinion. Unfortunately this will never happen

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
well put. I spent 15 years doing trauma anesthesia, it is not a gun problem, it is a crime and certain segments of the population problem. When domestic violence is removed from the equation I would say that 80% of the gunshot wounds I have seen were either one criminal shooting another, or people engaged in criminal activity. The same people are getting shot in DC, Mobile, and Atlanta.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
Trauma surgeon weighing in here...

1. Compared with most other western nations, we have rather relaxed laws concerning gun ownership and gun availability.

2. Compared to most other western nations, we have an extraordinary amount of gun-related trauma.

Although these facts might be true/true/unrelated, there is a substantial amount of evidence suggesting that gun availability is linked to gun-related injury.

There are really only two options to control gun-related trauma.

(1) Disarm the populace. Will not happen. Irrespective of your personal beliefs, the second amendment to the Constitution of the USA is the law of the land. Americans WILL keep and bear arms.

(2) Fix the criminal and irrational use of guns. Those who are convicted of using a gun to commit a crime need to be dealt with in such a harsh fashion that others will be dissuaded from taking the risk. Those who allow children and other incompetents access to a gun need to be dealt with similarly harshly. Felons with guns need to be dealt with similarly harshly. The simplest thing to do is to drop them, their gun and a limited supply of ammunition on an otherwise uninhabited island. Let them form their own society and set their own rules for survival. One way ticket.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(446 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... More 
Start   4241 to 4250 of 5923   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns