Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  ... 747  Next »
4241 to 4250 of 7470
User Details are only visible to members.
Good excuse LQQK, you could have been just as warm in Liberty City. Funny thing about liberals, minorities are convenient for their political goals, but they only want them around to cut their grass. I bet if you were the only white in your area, your idea about guns might change a bit.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
I thought ignorance gave us Obama... Just sayin'

His initials were GWB.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4564 posts)
Lqq The funny thing is you left a high crime city and moved to a place with very little crime and very few minorites. You bailed out. Why do you now think you know it all about how to survive in a high crime area ?

I would say that living in Chicago for half a century and spending many and all hours at White Sox park as part of my job and having been inside the Robert Taylor housing project a couple of times qualifies me. As moving to a place with few minorities, you have absolutely no idea what your talking about, in fact you don't even know how to spell the word. I left Chicago because I got sick of the cold, no other reason.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4564 posts)
Ignorance did give us Obama. I'm fearful of what he's going to do to this country.

:-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19559 posts)
I thought ignorance gave us Obama... Just sayin'

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Good posts funlady

Goodenuff- Ignorance always breeds fear.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19559 posts)
Fun- I'm trying to not get off on a tangent about the safety of transportation. But, I've driven planes, trains and automobiles. I'd guess i've spent more hours at the controls of an aircraft than as a passenger. I've experienced a few situations, but I have no fear of flying because I understand flying. I also understand firearms.

IMO the antis fear firearms. People fear things for different reasons.

IMO the fear is catalyzed/sensationalized by media reports. The media is in the business of making money and/or to sway people to the way of thinking of the management of the media. Make no mistake about that- media management dictates what will be broadcast or printed.

The antis sensationalize their opinions by referring to firearms that have a negative perception about them because of media reports. Specifically those firearms that are referred to as "black". The AK47 being the classic black firearm. Just mentioning an AK47 is usually intended to elicit an emotional response from people based on what the media has sensitized us to.

Not one anti has ever convinced me or my fellow firearm owners that banning firearms will do any good towards the end the antis seek- stopping violence. Stopping violence can only happen by addressing the underlying reason some people choose to act violently.

There will always be a source of firearms for those who really want one- i.e. the criminals- or a substitute weapon will be utilized. But then again, the antis who post here say they have heard that time and time again and still are for a ban on firearms.

Hopefully I won't see the day when I can say to the antis: "See? I told you so..."

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Also, when you look at the murder rate in the USA, remove those who are criminals from the roughly 16,000 you will find that more innocent people drown than are murdered by ALL methods, much less guns. Swimming is not a constitutionally protected activity, so maybe we should ban all swimming and aquatic activities. Who REALLY needs to swim today? The same muscle groups can be exercised with out the danger of innocent swimmers drowning!!!

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
I am sure the bleeding heart liberals who hate guns will say that I made up the statement about criminals shooting criminals, but these stats cover it well. Criminals shooting criminals are doing society a favor.

Philadelphia police Capt. Ben Naish says the Baltimore numbers are "shocking." Philadelphia also has seen the number of victims with criminal pasts inch up — to 75% this year from 71% in 2005.

In Milwaukee, local leaders created the homicide commission after a spike in violence led to a 39% increase in murders in 2005. The group compiled statistics on victims' criminal histories for the first time and found that 77% of homicide victims in the past two years had an average of nearly 12 arrests.

While it was common in the past for murder victims to have criminal records, the current levels are surprising even to analysts who study homicides.

"Anecdotally, the detectives on the street knew" victims with prior police contact were being killed, "but we wanted people to start to look at this" in the community, O'Brien says.

In Newark, where three young friends with no apparent links to crime were executed Aug. 4, roughly 85% of victims killed in the first six months of this year had criminal records, on par with the percentage in 2005 but up from 81% last year, police statistics show.

David Kennedy, a professor at New York's John Jay College of Criminal Justice, says the rise in criminals killing criminals has escaped policymakers' attention.

"The notion that these (murders) are random bolts of lightning, which is the commonly held image, is not the reality," says Kennedy, who has examined the backgrounds of murder suspects and victims in multiple U.S. cities. "It happens, but it doesn't happen often."

The slaying of truly innocent victims is so unusual in Baltimore that the chief prosecutor says the city has become dangerously numb to the carnage. "If we don't put human faces on the victims, we will become desensitized," State Attorney Patricia Jessamy says.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
The National Transportation Safety Board recorded 313 general aviation crashes fatal to the pilot in the three states between 1985 and 2000. Of these crashes, 255 (81%) were matched successfully with medical examiner records. Alcohol testing results were available for 233 of the fatally injured pilots. Of those tested for alcohol, 25 (11%) had blood alcohol concentrations ≥20 mg/dL (mean=75 ± 64 mg/dL). The majority of alcohol-related crashes (52%) occurred at night (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.), compared with 28% of other crashes (P < 0.01). Alcohol-related crashes were significantly more likely than other crashes to have involved continued flight under visual flight rules (VFR) into instrument meteorological conditions (IMC) (32% versus 12%, P < 0.01), and flawed decisions (64% versus 41%, P = 0.03). Flawed decision making is PILOT error!!! These are pilots with a license issued by the federal government. The majority but of course not all of the people killed by firearms are criminal.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  ... 747  Next »
4241 to 4250 of 7470
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.