Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  ... 711  Next »
4241 to 4250 of 7102
User Details are only visible to members.
one side............

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20876 posts)
I see both sides here. For one, if you do the crime pay the time, period. Dont expect to be able to bring up all your past angst and issues and use that as an excuse and expect sympathy.

On the flip side though, we must understand what caused/is causing people to do the crimes. That way we can apply preventive measures or understand better what happened and why.

It doesnt mean they can have a pity party or excuses etc etc etc. Just means we learn from them and why they did it so that maybe we can prevent it from happening again by someone else down the road.

Murfreesboro TN
Username hidden
(1009 posts)
Unlike many on the left I have no need to "walk a mile in ones shoes" that just shot a pastor in a church. I have no want or desire to understand his emotional feelings. I only want justice served. I could care less if his father abandoned him as a child or if his mother showed men at the bar more love than she showed him. No one has a perfect life or had a perfect childhood, bit the rest of us are not out shooting up churches, schools and malls.

I am sorry if you feel that you can not carry on a coversation with me. We just have differing opinions on many things. If you feel that you can not have a conversation with me you can always choose not to converse with me and not reply to posts that I make. Neither of us will change the mind of the other. But again that is your choice.

Maybe the next time there is a school shooting, you can petition the courts to allow the gunman to come live with you so you can better understand him and show him the empathy you think he deserves. Or would you rather just give him his deserved empathy from a long distance while he is behind bars?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
I never said there was a need. Hell, most things aren't 'needed', even though we often percieve them to be.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
Licks

Are you still wondering why bullying seems to be a bigger problem today than it used to be?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
Criminals should be punished, not understood, sympathized with or shown empathy. They committed a crime and should pay for that crime, not hugged ant told that society understands.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Erica, Personally I don't believe that's what you were implying. But I do get a little worried when someone running for POTUS (and wins) says that we need to show empathy for gang bangers, murderers and mass shooters because they have a hole in their soul, that as a society we need to show understanding.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
I'm sorry, but I don't care if your parents ignored you, were too strict on you, you were picked on by the neighborhood bully, watched too many movies and played video games all day, or what...premeditated in premeditated. The moment you take a gun, knife, or any other item in your hand and make the decision to harm someone else in a way that isn't self defense...you should be mature enough to handle your own consequences. Sure there are some people who have had traumatic events that have scarred them, but the "I had a bad childhood, so I shouldn't be held responsible for my actions" just doesn't hold water to me. Like the old saying goes...don't commit the crime if you aren't ready to pay the time.

Union Grove NC
Username hidden
(954 posts)
Society has changed. There's always been guns and there's always been bullies.

Don't most liberals say they are for change??? Guess what? Change isn't always good. So you can blame the guns, or knives, or the bullying child, or the irresponsible parent if you want. It's much easiier than looking at WHY and HOW society has changed.

Obama is bringing change. Just be careful of what you wish for.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
The offender is NOT a victim. There was no one twisting their arm. The victim is the unarmed person sitting in class that gets their brains blown out. The offender is a predator. Yes people can try and figure out what went wrong so they can try and see symptoms in future predators.

Saying that video games, movies and music is a scapegoat the parents and politicians use to move the blame somewhere else.

I agree a child should not own a handgun, but many, MANY children in this country own hunting rifles. They can not buy them or the ammunition until they are 18 but they can get them as gifts before then. I was given my first rifle when I was 8. It was a .22. When I was 14 I got a new rifle/shotgun every Christmas and birthday until my mother was killed. I still have them and I have given my oldest daughter her first .22 last Christmas. The youngest one has to wait a few more years. They love to plink and target shoot.

I do know bullying is a problem in schools, but is no worse than it was when I was in school. No one went into schools when I was a kid and opened fire. We settled things with bullies with our fists. During hunting season we even had our guns in the trunks of our cars and in racks in our pick ups.

People are too willing to shift the blame off of their shoulders and give it to someone else. Parents need to be more involved with their kids. They need to pay attention to warning signs. Parents need to shoulder the responsibility for what their kids do. It's not the playstation, it's not Metallica, Ozzy or Tupac, it's not Friday the 13th. It's them and their kids where the problem is. Thats' it.

If parents don't like the thug clothes, the black trench coats, the music, the video games and movies; then they need to STOP buying them. If the kids end up with them anyway then they need to throw them away.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  ... 711  Next »
4241 to 4250 of 7102
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.