Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  ... 712  Next »
4241 to 4250 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
I just wonder if he will remove the firearms fron the Secret Service too? I highly doubt it.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
I have been saying since the campaign that he has been lying about his statements on guns. His voting record proves his views on the Second Amendment. His refusal to sign an Amicus Brief proves his views on the Second Amendment. His appointing Rahm Emanuel, Eric Holder and Hillary Clinton to his administration proves his views on the Second Amendment. His application to work in his cabinet proves his views on the Second Amendment.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
obama wants to disarm everyone except criminals. Any gun owner who voted for him should be required to melt their guns.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
Obama Wants to Disarm U.S. Pilots

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:19 PM

By: David A. Patten Article Font Size

The Obama administration is taking steps quietly to shut down the program that qualifies commercial airline pilots to carry firearms in jetliner cockpits in order to ward off another 9/11-type attack.

The administration recently diverted $2 million from a program to train and certify pilots to carry firearms safely while on duty. Instead, it is using the money to hire additional field inspectors to help discipline pilots who step out of line, according to a report in Tuesday’s Washington Times.

A Times editorial condemned the Obama administration's action, calling it “completely unnecessary harassment of the pilots.”

Since Obama took office, the approval process for certifying pilots to carry firearms has ground to a halt, the newspaper reports. Pilots are afraid to speak out about the behind-the-scenes maneuverings, for fear of retaliation, according to the newspaper. No cases have been reported in which pilots have brandished a weapon inappropriately or otherwise abused their eligibility to carry firearms.

About 12,000 pilots have been authorized to carry handguns while flying aircraft as part of the Federal Flight Deck Officers Program. Congress authorized the program in a 310-to-113 vote following the 9/11 attacks to help prevent terrorists from turning jetliners into flying bombs that could be used to attack key sites like the White House, the Pentagon, or Capitol Hill.

Paul Valone, a Second Amendment advocate who directs Grass Roots North Carolina , is calling for citizens to contract their congressional representatives to protest the administration’s anti-gun priorities.

Pilots are already required to pay for their own room and board during training, and use paid leave for the time they’re off the job. Every six months, the program requires them to be requalified for firearm use.

Navarre FL
Username hidden
(1420 posts)
Two mass shootings in the news; 10 dead in Alabama and 15 in Germany at a school.

Germany has some really strict gun laws.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18744 posts)
yes I do,I also signed the petition a while back but forgot what you were talking about.

It is hard not to hate when that happens isn't it Licks?

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
"Did you read about my friend, who killed his abuser recently? Do you think I "empathize" with his molester?"

No i didn't but my daughter was sexually abused by her step dad at age 13 and I still wish ill fate on him. Did your friend get arrested or chargd with the crime?

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
"I suppose there's also no need for medical check ups and preventive medical treatments. Afterall, you have no desire to understand why and how things happen. Once they happen, regardless of whether they could be prevented, deal with it!"

Now here I go with a lack of empathy. When do we stop wondering and studying and actually use the information we gathered? We have had this desire to obtain a theory for hundreds of years, most of the time our empathy causes us to repeat what we already learned in the past but refused to react fast enough to the cause. People die because of this trait in every corner of the world.

I don't need to know what goes through the mind of a child abuser. In fact please don't tell me because it would make me want to kill him/her more! I can learn nothing from their deranged behavior and only wish their punishment fits the crime.

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
"I suppose there's also no need for medical check ups and preventive medical treatments. Afterall, you have no desire to understand why and how things happen. Once they happen, regardless of whether they could be prevented, deal with it!"

Every person has a different personality and different drives, so what makes one person tick isn't going to work for everyone. Showing empathy, as you put it, to criminals isn't a way to prevent future crimes. Don't get me wrong, understanding human behavior can make it possible to see potential harmful characteristics in people...but it's not a definite science. If it was, everyone would respond the same way to the same stimulus. I will agree with you on part of your statements. Once a crime has been committed, it's over with. The person should be made to pay for their crime. It doesn't matter why they did it, that's not going to change the fact that it happened.

Union Grove NC
Username hidden
(954 posts)
flip side

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21350 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  420  421  422  423  424  425  426  427  428  429  ... 712  Next »
4241 to 4250 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.