Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 85710104241
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... More 
Start   4241 to 4250 of 5723   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"what IF we need a mental evaluation to be swingers? use a vibrator, drive a car(they kill more than guns), buy a knife or baseball bat? a slippery slope the gun control people would love, NO THANKS! "

Just like the slippery slope of the patriot act....

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
"Believe it or not, we're all sex addicts :)"

Well, DUH, Ms. Obvious...;-)

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
what IF we need a mental evaluation to be swingers? use a vibrator, drive a car(they kill more than guns), buy a knife or baseball bat? a slippery slope the gun control people would love, NO THANKS!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Jack, Don't forget a cop is not obligated to protect you.

I am not sure what most states that allow CCW permits require, but here you have to take a safety course, you have to learn the laws, responsibilities and the consequenses of using your sidearm.

I wish the police would keep a record of "almost crimes" that are prevented by CCW holders. Unfortunately they do not.

We don't need more restrictions on firearms. There are over 20,000 gun laws on the books across the U.S. We need to enforce the ones already on the books. Judges and politicians need to give maximum sentences to people who ise guns during a crime and to repeat offenders. Dont let criminals using guns out on parole, make them serve 100% of their time.

As far as the South being safer than the North because of more guns I can't say I agree. There are more murders per 100,000 in TN and GA than in NY and NJ. How many have guns involved I don't know. But I dare anyone to compare any city in the country to Kennesaw GA. In 1982 in protest to Chicago's handgun ban Kennesaw GA's city council passed a city ordinance saying that every home that could leagally own a gun must have one and ammunition for it. Convicted criminals, mentally disqualified and objectors were allowed not to own guns. No one has ever been prosecuted for not owning a gun but since 1982 there have been three homicides in Kennesaw. Two with a knife and One with a gun (committed by someone from Marietta GA robbing a gas station).

If you think people should require a mental exam to purchase a firearm and you own firearms; did you have a mental exam before buying a gun just to be sure?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Loadem' if you gotem', now lock and load...lol

Yes some common sense is necessary but the bottom line is no matter what you do criminals will have guns, they don't follow the law to get one legally.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
"............which is fine if you are in the middle of nowhere and no flying lead hits a child or some innocent bystander."

Public safety is just as important issue to gun owners as anyone else.

This part of your objections is a common one with people who are for strict gun control, but it also advocates that it's just ok for you to be the victim. Don't carry a gun. The guy car jacking you might not shoot you, or he might. YOU nor I don't know what's in the mind of a criminal. AND, if you die in the process well ahh that's just to bad isn't it. At least only one person died and there were no other casualties.

This premise shows no respect for the victim of any crime. You may not want to admit this or you will attempt to rationalize it, but it doesn't hold up.

Everyone has the natural right to defend themselves against scum!

Most victims don't get to say, "please hold for a moment while I call the police"

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
I was giving good the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone you may have to defend yourself or your loved ones from is a rookie, I certainly wouldn't pull the trigger without a good PID of my target or a clear shot, but the person I'm shooting at may not be concerned with trivial things like collateral damage.

Vine Grove KY
Username hidden
(143 posts)
There won't be either. Most people who actually take the steps to get CCW also have the initiative to train themselves or get trained in their use.

Vine Grove KY
Username hidden
(143 posts)
I understand your argument good. I guess mine is that, while it would truly suck for that to happen, that is a huge reason I want to be better with my gun and aim true. While it would suck for a child, or anyone else really to die because of a fight, some things are worth the risk. Protecting innocents at the risk of allowing the idea that using force to get what you want pays off, in the end protects no one. It will just alow evil to beget more evil.

Vine Grove KY
Username hidden
(143 posts)
"Bitterly I am clinging to my guns!"

this is a one of the arguments for gun control. not that I'm for it. a guy comes up to you and wants to steal your car with a gun, so you whip out your gun and next thing you know, it's a shoot out at the OK corral. which is fine if you are in the middle of nowhere and no flying lead hits a child or some innocent bystander.

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... More 
Start   4241 to 4250 of 5723   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns