Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 85710104241
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... More 
Start   4241 to 4250 of 5718   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"............which is fine if you are in the middle of nowhere and no flying lead hits a child or some innocent bystander."

Public safety is just as important issue to gun owners as anyone else.

This part of your objections is a common one with people who are for strict gun control, but it also advocates that it's just ok for you to be the victim. Don't carry a gun. The guy car jacking you might not shoot you, or he might. YOU nor I don't know what's in the mind of a criminal. AND, if you die in the process well ahh that's just to bad isn't it. At least only one person died and there were no other casualties.

This premise shows no respect for the victim of any crime. You may not want to admit this or you will attempt to rationalize it, but it doesn't hold up.

Everyone has the natural right to defend themselves against scum!

Most victims don't get to say, "please hold for a moment while I call the police"

Grantham NH
Username hidden
(1470 posts)
I was giving good the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone you may have to defend yourself or your loved ones from is a rookie, I certainly wouldn't pull the trigger without a good PID of my target or a clear shot, but the person I'm shooting at may not be concerned with trivial things like collateral damage.

Vine Grove KY
Username hidden
(143 posts)
There won't be either. Most people who actually take the steps to get CCW also have the initiative to train themselves or get trained in their use.

Vine Grove KY
Username hidden
(143 posts)
I understand your argument good. I guess mine is that, while it would truly suck for that to happen, that is a huge reason I want to be better with my gun and aim true. While it would suck for a child, or anyone else really to die because of a fight, some things are worth the risk. Protecting innocents at the risk of allowing the idea that using force to get what you want pays off, in the end protects no one. It will just alow evil to beget more evil.

Vine Grove KY
Username hidden
(143 posts)
"Bitterly I am clinging to my guns!"

this is a one of the arguments for gun control. not that I'm for it. a guy comes up to you and wants to steal your car with a gun, so you whip out your gun and next thing you know, it's a shoot out at the OK corral. which is fine if you are in the middle of nowhere and no flying lead hits a child or some innocent bystander.

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
What wrong with carrying a concealed weapon legally licensed? Do you buckleup in your car? same thing, I strap on, then buckle up! OH that sounded sexual too...lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Very well summed up , 4 _ur_pleasure and # 23 really sticks out here. Why does our justice system keep letting them out?? We need tougher laws that are enforced on those who have committed crimes ,an the Death penality also an eye for an eye philosophy Would sure does us some good , instead of plea bargins an smooth talking lawyers who can change meaning of words.

Somerset PA
Username hidden
(512 posts)
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1 An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2 A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3 Colt: The original point and click interface.

4 Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5 If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6 If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7 Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8 If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9 Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS "REFRESHER" ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS.

Dallas TX
Username hidden
(285 posts)
(Continued)

When the U.S. Supreme Court voted last year to hear a case on the constitutionality of the Washington, D.C., handgun ban, Mr. Obama's campaign told the Chicago Tribune: "Obama believes the D.C. handgun law is constitutional" and that "local communities" should have the ability "to enact common sense laws." Other than Washington, D.C., the only American cities with handgun bans are Chicago and four of its suburbs. As a state senator, Mr. Obama voted against a 2004 bill (which passed overwhelmingly) to give citizens a legal defense against prosecution for violating a local handgun ban if they actually used the firearm for lawful self-defense on their own property.

Mr. Obama's campaign Web site touts his belief in the Second Amendment rights to have guns "for the purposes of hunting and target shooting." Conspicuously absent is the right to have firearms to defend one's self, home and family. In 2001, as a state senator, Mr. Obama voted against allowing the beneficiaries of domestic violence protective orders to carry handguns for protection.

Yet, as Mr. Obama has mockingly pointed out, Mrs. Clinton is not exactly a modern-day Annie Oakley wiling away weekends in a duck blind. As first lady, she helped organize the Million Mom March for "sensible gun laws" in 2000. It was led by the shrill gun prohibitionist Rosie O'Donnell.

Mrs. Clinton has repeatedly voted for antigun proposals, and co-sponsored many of them. After Hurricane Katrina, the New Orleans and St. Tammany police confiscated guns from law-abiding citizens, violating an explicit Louisiana law. In some cases, the confiscation was carried out with the assistance of federal agents, and was perpetrated via warrantless break-ins into homes.

The next year, the U.S. Senate voted 84-16 for a homeland security appropriations rider stating: "None of the funds appropriated by this Act shall be used for the seizure of a firearm based on the existence of a declaration or state of emergency." Mrs. Clinton was one of the 16 who voted "no." Mr. Obama commendably voted with the majority.

Forty states currently allow most law-abiding adult citizens to carry concealed handguns for lawful protection, after a background check and (in almost all such states) a safety class. Of course those laws only apply to carrying within the relevant state. Mr. Obama told the Chicago Tribune in 2004 that he favored a national ban on concealed carry, to "prevent other states' laws from threatening the safety of Illinois residents." Mrs. Clinton campaigned against a licensed carry referendum in Missouri.

Both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama voted against legislation to stop mayors from suing gun manufacturers and gun stores because of gun crime. That legislation banned lawsuits only if businesses had complied with all laws regarding firearms manufacture and sales.

A presidential candidate could of course swear devotion to the First Amendment, while declaring that the amendment's purpose is to protect sports reporting and book collecting. And that candidate could still support government lawsuits against publishers, local bans on newspapers, and draconian restrictions on political commentary.

Civil libertarians who supported such a candidate because of his alleged love for the First Amendment would be foolish. Civil libertarians who support Mr. Obama or Mrs. Clinton because of their purported fealty to the Second Amendment may be bitterly disappointed.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
The Democrats and Gun Control By DAVID KOPEL April 17, 2008; Page A19

Imagine an election race of Pat Robertson versus James Dobson, each of them appearing at organic grocery stores and Starbucks throughout Massachusetts, with each candidate insisting that he alone deserves the vote of gay-marriage advocates. An equally silly spectacle is taking place these days in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Indiana, West Virginia and Kentucky, as Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama compete for the pro-gun vote.

Mr. Obama supports the Second Amendment – or so his surrogates have been claiming all over Pennsylvania, the state with the highest per-capita membership in the National Rifle Association. The effort was set back last weekend with the publication of Mr. Obama's remarks claiming that people in small towns in Pennsylvania and other Midwestern states "cling" to guns because they are "bitter" that the government has not solved their economic problems.

Mrs. Clinton shot back with an excellent speech in Valparaiso, Ind., recounting that her father had taught her how to shoot when she was a little girl. "People enjoy hunting and shooting because it's an important part of who they are," she said. "Not because they are bitter."

Surely she is right. The shooting sports culture in Pennsylvania was thriving long before the domestic manufacture of steel began to decline. Indeed, that culture was thriving before steel was invented. Pennsylvania's 1776 state constitution declared "That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state . . ." A separate provision guaranteed "the liberty to fowl and hunt in seasonable times."

However, having the right to arms and the liberty to hunt is worthless if you can't buy a gun. In 1999, Mr. Obama urged enactment of a federal law prohibiting the operation of any gun store within five miles of a school or park. This would eliminate gun stores from almost the entire inhabited portion of the United States.

As a state senate candidate in 1996, Mr. Obama endorsed a complete ban on all handguns in a questionnaire. The Obama campaign has claimed he "never saw or approved the questionnaire," and that an aide filled it out incorrectly. But a few weeks ago, Politico . com found an amended version of the questionnaire. It included material added in Mr. Obama's handwriting.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... More 
Start   4241 to 4250 of 5718   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns