Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 857101042
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 5500   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Either I have only did paper work on 1 of my many guns. It might be or not be registered. I do not know.

Mickey.

Rayne LA

Username hidden
(4723 posts)
There are Many in NY vowing not to register , I haven't decided Yet what I will do. I am leaning towards registering for a few reasons, from the size of my collection, and traveling between Pa. and NY. it isn't worth the risk losing something through confiscation if I happen to Break down , and an officer approaches offering assistance, and I am found to be in possession of a Weapon thus banned due to this law. Because of my former profession I have the ability to maintain certain items, although I am not keen on the restrictions placed with it.

ultimately, I have a get out of dodge Card with my property in Pa, as I have already secured a residence there, and My firearms can be relocated out of state within 20 minutes Legally.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9629 posts)
In NY there are plenty things horribly wrong with the SAFE-act, But Failing to register , and retaining the Weapons may be foolish , especially if one chooses to shoot such weapons.

1- If a person doesn't Register the weapons required under the Law, the state is still going to be able to track many weapons, through ammunitions purchases , The NYSP is eventually going to be able to track purchases, and when you read the Law it indicates That they (NYSP) will be able to "inspect" ( note the wording ) storage of large quantities of purchased ammunition. 2- Each weapon and or Large capacity magazine not registered could result in a Class D felony charge for EACH item in possession. 3- There are little Caveats in the law such as each Pistol permit holder shall have their permits Re-issued every 5 years. ( previously they were Lifetime unless revoked ) 4- If one Loses their Pistol permit for ANY reason, they shall surrender EVERY firearm and all ammunition. Outside of NYC , there is no Permits needed for items such as shotguns and or rifles, yet this new law says that ALL weapons would have to be surrendered. 5- Registered Items ( assault Weapons) are not allowed to be transferred to any other person, including Family, Upon death.

It's a pretty fucked up law.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9629 posts)
That's what I said FJ- the FFL keeps them. The ATF can ask to look at them, but the Feds are not supposed to retain them.

While the form tells who the FFL sold a firearm to, it doesn't say who the current owner is. having said that....

I hereby publicly state that I legally sold to a private party every gun I ever bought from an FFL. I have no record of the transaction as such transactions did not legally require a private citizen to record the sale.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Actually the FFL must retain records and provide them to the ATF upon demand. You betcha boopy guns bought from a FFL are registered, even if it is in a backwards way.

That is why they are now demanding records for 80% lowers being sold.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Maybe Snowden knows the truth.

The truth is out there. :-)

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Wait, what? The feds don't abide by their own laws?

Those bastards.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"All information the NIC S has on the purchaser are, by law, to be purged within 24 hours. "

That doesn't mean it actually happens. Just sayin'

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Better check again Justus- assuming you purchased anything but a fully automatic firearm, Louisiana does not register firearms. Or perhaps you purchased the firearm in a state that does register firearms...?

You filled out a Federal Firearms Purchase Form 4473 at the FFL. The FFL called in to NICS and received approval to sell you the firearm. The FFL is to retain the form to present upon request by the ATF if and when they do a check of the FFL's paperwork.

All information the NICS has on the purchaser are, by law, to be purged within 24 hours.

If you purchased a fully automatic firearm, that is a completely different situation.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
No place in the 2nd amendment does it say that you may have a unregistered fire arm. Fear of confiscation or later laws which strip people of their guns, is not grounds for law breaking.

More over, those in support of small government, should remember that the greatest threat to their exercise of any right, has been the state level and local level government.

At the local and state levels, if the people choose to vote for a law banning a color, they can do just that. If at the local level, you neighborhood votes to form a home owners association, you are drug into it against your will and you must comply with those ordinances or be banned from your own home.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6896 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 5500   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns