Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 857101032
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   32 to 41 of 5497   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My favorite blogger, Jack Donovan.

No One Wants Crazy People To Have Guns, But Who Decides Who Is Crazy?

It sounds like a common sense measure.

Keep guns out of the hands of people who are “unstable.”

You don’t want people who might “snap” to have access to an arsenal, right?

To anyone who opposes tighter restrictions on gun sales, especially to those deemed “mentally ill,” police state progressives will respond:

“So you want crazy people to have free access to guns?”

Well, no. Of course not. No one wants some freak who hears voices and thinks the neighbor’s dog is the Devil to be sitting at his windowsill rubbing himself as he moves a holographic reticle over the bodies of strangers taking a walk in the park.

The problem isn’t whether or not lunatics should be able to go on wild-eyed, no-questions-asked shopping sprees at the local gun shop, giddily fondling armor piercing rounds and drooling all over high capacity magazines.

The problem is: who decides who is a nut?

The answer, unfortunately, is politically progressive women.

According to a 2011 article released by the American Psychological Association, the new “experts” in psychology—people who have earned PhDs—are now over 60% women in every area of study but cognitive psychology. There are dramatically more female PhDs in developmental, family, clinical, counseling and “social and personality” fields.

What’s more, these women and many of their male counterparts overwhelmingly belong to the same political demographic that wants to ban or reduce access to firearms for everyone. As many as 80% of psychology professors identify as Democrats or politically “liberal.” In a New York Times article, social psychologist Jonathan Haidt argued that social psychologists have become a “tribal-moral community.”

Read the full post here if you're interested...

jack-donovan. com/axis/2013/04/no-one-wants-crazy-people-to-have-guns-but-who-decides-who-is-crazy/

Hilliard OH

Username hidden
(162 posts)
Keep in mind, gang related violence, street related violence, passon of the moment violence, and mental illness violence are different from each other and so to are the means that the mentally disturbed or the gang member obtains their weapons.

A ban on guns will only decrease lawfully owned weapons from being used by mentally disturbed individuals, however it will only increase their weapons street value and create a new market in Mexico.

Mental health screenings will help catch the mentally disturbed, it will not catch illegal gun owners, such as drug gang members. Addressing the reasons these gangs exist, will do more to stop street violence and gun related death, than ten laws passed to make gun ownership more difficult.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6894 posts)
WOW! Kansas City has been in the news this last week with a GUNMAN killing 3 people just because he hates Jews and they've arrested a young black man for 21 highway shooting. There still are another group of shooting that are thought to be copy cats.

As more and more shootings and killings continue to plague our country, our states and our communities. It's time for all of us to come together and create a policy to identify those that have a propensity to do killing with guns. No need to go on the defensive, but a policy that we all can be hopeful will decrease the use of guns as a mass murder weapon.

Brick NJ

Username hidden
(723 posts)
It depends on how they own the guns, as their individual property, or as the merchendise for their business. Many of the dealers with an FFL will also have their own stuff for sale, and they don't do background checks on those. At every show I've been to there are always a few guys that bought a table to sell their private stuff, and they don't have to do a check. The one guy who asked to see my ID first was against illegal immigrants and that's the only reason he asked. I got 12g side by side double barrel from him.

Hilliard OH

Username hidden
(162 posts)
I'll have to look at the Ares Armor story later.

But, guns purchased from a gun show with no ID- if the sellers were not FFL holders, they may not have needed to do any paperwork. Kind of strange that someone with a booth at a gun show is not an FFL holder. Personally, I wouldn't buy from

Beware- I heard of someone who purchased a Remington rifle at a gun show. 2 years later he took it to a gunsmith to have some work done. A check of the SN and it turns out it was on a list of stolen guns. He never got the rifle back.

I don't know if he was investigated about stealing it, or possessing a stolen gun or not.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Criminals who trespass on private property to violate multiple constitutional amendments should be put down permanently like the filthy pigs that they are.

Feds raid gun parts stores despite court order

SAN DIEGO – With a search warrant in hand, federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives confiscated computers, customer lists and the questionable polymer 80 percent lower receivers from four Ares Armor store locations throughout San Diego County over the weekend. “There were women and children inside our retail establishment when the (ATF) agents came in with guns drawn,” said Ares Armor Executive Officer Dimitrios Karras. “They came into our firearms manufacturing facility saying, ‘Arms up!’ like they were invading Iraq.” The raid happened three days after Ares owner was granted a temporary restraining by a judge to stop ATF agents from searching their stores. The ATF confirmed they were investigating the stores for federal firearm violations stemming from the sale of a new plastic version of the 80 percent lowers, which gun enthusiast use to build their own AR-15 rifles. Building a rifle with specific versions of the 80 percent receivers is legal. The polymer lower receiver appears to be manufactured differently with two parts, making them a firearm and illegal sell, according to the ATF. “We did ask the court to clarify if these things were firearms or not,” said Karras. “We did ask for protection as this gets resolved within the court system.” Karras said they had their polymer lower receivers locked in a closet ready to turn over to the ATF since Wednesday. He was more concerned about the federal agents taking lists of his customers’ information. “If anybody is a criminal organization that should be investigated, I think they should look in the mirror. We gave them a black eye publicly,” Karras said. “They tried to do an underhanded deal with us. They said, ‘Hey hush, hush. Keep it secret and nobody’s going to know that we took the customer list from you. Nobody’s going to know we took this from you.’” The investigation has some customers nervous about their right to bear arms. “I’m on that list, and I’m waiting for the knock on the door to tell me they are here to remove my second amendment rights,” one customer told Fox 5.

fox5sandiego. com/2014/03/17/feds-raid-gun-parts-stores-despite-court-order/#ixzz2wPQ98hGv

Hilliard OH

Username hidden
(162 posts)
About half of mine were bought with a background check, the other half from some guy at a gun show. Only one of those guys asked to see my ID before the sale. I love America, goddammit!

Hilliard OH

Username hidden
(162 posts)
Either I have only did paper work on 1 of my many guns. It might be or not be registered. I do not know.

Mickey.

Rayne LA

Username hidden
(4723 posts)
There are Many in NY vowing not to register , I haven't decided Yet what I will do. I am leaning towards registering for a few reasons, from the size of my collection, and traveling between Pa. and NY. it isn't worth the risk losing something through confiscation if I happen to Break down , and an officer approaches offering assistance, and I am found to be in possession of a Weapon thus banned due to this law. Because of my former profession I have the ability to maintain certain items, although I am not keen on the restrictions placed with it.

ultimately, I have a get out of dodge Card with my property in Pa, as I have already secured a residence there, and My firearms can be relocated out of state within 20 minutes Legally.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9628 posts)
In NY there are plenty things horribly wrong with the SAFE-act, But Failing to register , and retaining the Weapons may be foolish , especially if one chooses to shoot such weapons.

1- If a person doesn't Register the weapons required under the Law, the state is still going to be able to track many weapons, through ammunitions purchases , The NYSP is eventually going to be able to track purchases, and when you read the Law it indicates That they (NYSP) will be able to "inspect" ( note the wording ) storage of large quantities of purchased ammunition. 2- Each weapon and or Large capacity magazine not registered could result in a Class D felony charge for EACH item in possession. 3- There are little Caveats in the law such as each Pistol permit holder shall have their permits Re-issued every 5 years. ( previously they were Lifetime unless revoked ) 4- If one Loses their Pistol permit for ANY reason, they shall surrender EVERY firearm and all ammunition. Outside of NYC , there is no Permits needed for items such as shotguns and or rifles, yet this new law says that ALL weapons would have to be surrendered. 5- Registered Items ( assault Weapons) are not allowed to be transferred to any other person, including Family, Upon death.

It's a pretty fucked up law.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9628 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   32 to 41 of 5497   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns