Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 712  Next »
31 to 40 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
See Guns in the Home and Risk of a Violent Death in the Home: Findings from a National Study in the American Journal of Epidemiology, Volume 160, Issue 10, pages 929-936...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19942 posts)
Hi Tom, welcome back.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1179 posts)
tbr made no allusion to a causal relationship, although most people would infer one, probably by reasoning that it makes it easier for family members to shoot each other. I would imagine that to at least some extent that that is true.

As is (aggravatingly) common, the factors are complex. I would guess that having a gun in your house is probably at least something of an indicator that your situation is a higher risk one already, such as living in crap neighborhood, or regularly hanging out with druggies or gang members.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25269 posts)
@tbr. I swore off of political forums. but I can't help but ask you a question stimulated from your last post here. I respect you as a learned man. A scholar. You make some very interesting post. Some make good points, but I don't usually agree. But the last one here makes no sense to me. "You are twice as likely to be a victim of a homicide in your home if you have a gun in your home". Where did you come up with that BS. I know you don't approve of guns and support gun control. That's your prerogative.

But I have questions:

#1 If I have butcher knives in my home, am I twice as likely to be stabbed to death????

#2 If I have baseball bats in my home, am I twice as likely to be beat to death???

#3 Have you ever played the game "Clue" and tried to figure out what the murder weapon was.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2125 posts)
Well, you were doing just great until you started typing.

You are twice as likely to be a victim of a homicide in your home if there is a gun in your home.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19942 posts)
Those without Firearms will work for those who do....Sometimes those without will become victims of criminals. Those without firearms are more likely to be murdered at the hands of Evil people.

Those without Firearms are more easily controlled and sometimes enslaved by those who do....

So which side of the equation do you want to be on?

Cheyenne WY
Username hidden
(89 posts)
Those without Firearms will work for those who do....Sometimes those without will become victims of criminals. Those without firearms are more likely to be murdered at the hands of Evil people.

Those without Firearms are more easily controlled and sometimes enslaved by those who do....

So which side of the equation do you want to be on?

Cheyenne WY
Username hidden
(89 posts)
I like to boil things down to their simplest elements whenever I can. :)

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1513 posts)
This thread was near the top of the list, so I'll comment.

Guns are GOOD, MMMkay.

A person without a gun is a SUBJECT. A person with a gun is a CITIZEN!

There's a simple reason for that. It's the answer to the question, "OR ELSE WHAT?" If you have a gun, you can answer, "OR ELSE WHAT?" if you don't have a gun, then that question will be answered for you.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1513 posts)
No deceit is bypassed in the Obama Government's determination to control America. Clinton will be worse.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2129 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 712  Next »
31 to 40 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.