Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 5954   End
User Details are only visible to members.
bill- No one wants "some cowboy doing a spray and pray, ripping off 10; 20;or 30 rounds into the same woods I may be on the other side of." Since it actually only takes one errant round to injure or kill, it makes little difference whether a negligent shooter fires 5, 10 or 30 times.

There are magazines available for slide action rifles such as the Remington 760/7600, that hold 10 rounds. An experienced shooter can "rip off" those 11 rounds (10 in the mag, 1 in the chamber) as fast as someone using a semi-auto. Also, an experienced shooter using a short action/short throw bolt action rifle can "rip off" rounds almost as fast as someone using a slide/pump action rifle.

If you show up with a pump action rifle "out west", the locals are probably gonna laugh at you as another "city slicker from out east."

It's negligence, not magazine capacity that is the problem.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4769 posts)
Fred

You are clueless, really you are. I thought for a while you were worth having discussions with, but I was mistaken. You equate driving with owning firearms, and you think the military is who the founders charged with protecting our freedom.

It's sad.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18075 posts)
Both you guys are sort of correct. I do only hunt in Pa where semi- autos are only legal for shotguns and not for deer. I mostly hunt wooded mountain land. I still say I don't want some cowboy doing a spray and pray, ripping off 10; 20;or 30 rounds into the same woods I may be on the other side of. If I ever get the opportunity to hunt out west, I will still most likely use the old 308 pump that has serviced me well so far. If the game or terrain require a different gun, I will make that decision at that time.

Greencastle PA
Username hidden
(624 posts)
@ perfect it says it nowhere what caliber. But like driving a car no one is saying you can't drive, they are just saying you can't drive a reckless speeds for the safety of others. They don't say you can't drink. Laws say you can't drink and drive. We make laws to protect the masses. I own 700 acres in your great state of Pa in green county that backs up to PA game lands. I can't tell you how many times I have lost a dog because of some yahoo coming on my land from the game lands. This just proves to me 1 there are people that haven't earned the right to carry a gun in public and 2 some people can't handle the power of a gun. Other things that creat danger for others are regulated and laws are made. Like obtaining a drivers liscene. How come anytime a regulation is announced about guns people start screaming about their 2nd amendment?

As far as security of the state. We have people that are fully trained in firearms to protect the state security. If anyone falls back on the excuse the national guard or reserves are always looking for good people.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(455 posts)
This one's been bugging me-

"I sot three out of a herd of 5 with my semi auto."

It's a drift, a drove, a passel, hell I've even heard of a sounder of pigs/hogs, but I've never heard of a herd of hogs.

I kinda like that last part- "heard of a herd of..."

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4769 posts)
I think it was either arriving very late from a flight or being up super early to catch a flight.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21963 posts)
WalMart at 4AM? Please tell us you weren't there for the "Biggest Belly Hanging Out Of Your Pajamas" contest.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4769 posts)
Bill, I assume you are not seeing past PA. There is a lot of open, wild country, especially further west.

I am not required to leave my semi automatic firearms at home when I hunt or shoot on public land. I personally would not want to use a high powered rifle magazine over 10 rounds for hunting purposes. I might consider a 20 round for certain situations, but 30 seems too cumbersome for hunting purposes.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4769 posts)
Semi-autos have been legal to hunt with in some states for a LONG time.

None of those concerns have proved to be valid.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18075 posts)
Once in a while someone's credit card is declined at a gun store. They then assume it's because it's a gun store, write it online, and everyone flips out, not considering that it might be declined for some other reason.

In one particular instance in Jan. 2013, the guy called his bank (BoA) and the agent he spoke to mistakenly confirmed his question as to whether or not it was because it was a gun store. The story went wild on the crummy part of the web, and BoA publicly stated that this was not true and their cards can be used anywhere that accepts their credit cards irrespective of the type of establishment.

My credit card was declined at a WalMart at 4 AM in California. When I called it simply hit some algorithm and tripped a fraud alert. Fixed. I didn't blog about Obama blocking sales of....whatever the hell I was buying.

Because I'm not an idiot.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21963 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 5954   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns