Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 857101022
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 5718   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hopefully he shot himself too to save the expense of a trial and execution. Such a fucking waste.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2058 posts)
Well some asshole did it again. SHOT 4 of his kids and his oldest 15 year old daughter + 2 adults. 15 year old is in critical condition the rest are dead. BTW this is Texas.

"Have Gun will Travel" again

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1200 posts)
I agree with you on the military, I disagree on your take on 'democratic spending'. It sounds suspiciously like a fox talking point.

Most of the money goes out in state block grants and near zero percent loans. How each state spends that is up to them....

Please read about a subject before you denigrate it....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3579 posts)
You're making armchair arguments, Robert.

I suggested some good reads to you. Take it or leave it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19068 posts)
VAbeach:

In part you are correct, however in the 90s, access to social welfare which did more with less also increased. This not only enabled people to live, but also applied some requirements upon the recipient, such as holding a job for more than 30 days, and attempting to obtain at the least 32 hours of work a week. I actually ask for 40 hours a week, so I am requiring more work for the social welfare help (yet wouldn't push it very hard.)

More over, access to education improved in the 90s, which is the second component to the cause of crime. Without an education, a person feels more hopeless about their situation in life and thus are more open to crime as their only means of escaping poverty.

As the children of criminals gained an education above high school, or criminals themselves returned to school and obtained an education, their social economic situation improved. Thus the rate of crime fell.

That is why say to attack both the economic and social issue which worsens the economic cause of criminal activity. Lower education and poverty wage jobs.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7344 posts)
Damn I said I wouldn't reply to Ghost, so much for that. I support the Republican party because at the moment I feel like it is the lessor of the two evils that dominate our political system. The democrats say they support infrastructure spending but it turns out to be money down the rat-hole of consultants and architects and rarely does it make it to getting something done. Look up the Louisville bridge project for an example of this.

I would MUCH rather see money spent on domestic projects than illegal immigrants and foreign aid. I also do not think we need a military stronger than the rest of the world combined despite my eight years in the Army.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2058 posts)
While money is behind a great deal of crime, Robert, the correlation between crime rate and economic prosperity has been debunked. While a commonly floated theory, this does not hold up to statistical scrutiny. Crime rates began dropping around 1990 and have been doing so ever since, irrespective of the state of the economy.

I promise you, you will likely find this interesting. I strongly suggest you check out the books "Freakonomics" and its sequel "Superfreakonomics", both by Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner.

Some take issue with the claims presented within, although mostly on an emotional basis rather than a factual one. They take a scientific, statistics-based approach to dealing with many societal problems. It's a fascinating read, should you be willing to approach it with an open mind.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19068 posts)
Sugar:

Some may say it is profiling... And to them I say scientific method. To understand anything, you must first profile it, break it down to its base parts and then understand why does people of a race commit particular crime?

My uneducated guess would be that most crimes people are convicted of have to do with money.

People join gangs for the money, which buy the women and fast cars.

Domestic violence is often started by money problems, but neither side is willing to divorce, because both parties would end up on the street without the other. Being so unhappy, the average person turns to vice, or cheating. This waste more resources and thus arguments begin, and then end in violence for those unwilling or unable to divorce.

Insert my personal belief.

If everyone who worked, earned a living wage, the allure of crime to obtain a living, would drop. Why? Because the cost of crime rises when compared to the pride one gained from earning what they have.

Would a living wage for all jobs eliminate crime? No, but it would reduce it, and eliminate a reason for crime. Then with this change to society, you can further study the gangs and domestic violence for the next most common cause.

I believe this next most common cause is a lower level of education. It supports the lowered income, because without an education or usable trade, the individual is unable to obtain useful employment.

Now I ignore comments like working hard enough, or any length of time beyond 50 hours, because this prevents the parents from being involved in their childrens lives and I have no sympathy for parents who have more than two children.

To me, having involved parents is more important than making someone work harder or longer, because if someone must work beyond 50 hours just to make a honest living. They are teaching their children that life is about suffering and making someone else rich, not you or your family. Thus work beyond 50 hours a week teaches nothing of value to children and diminishes society as a whole.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7344 posts)
Then why do you support the party that blocks infrastructure spending at every turn? Even when the bill PAYS for itself, the republicans block it.

Why do you support those that do this?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3579 posts)
2saintly I'm 100% in agreement with you on foreign spending. This american tax dollars and should be spent on domestic projects. Not financing clinics in India.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2058 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 5718   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns