Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 712  Next »
21 to 30 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe in it or not.

Neil deGrassse Tyson

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19775 posts)
Yeah, My Dad had guns from when my brother and I were kids. He taught us to use them properly. My Wife's Dad had guns, but he was a Police Chief. My three sons all have guns. I taught them how to use them correctly. Both my Grandfathers had guns, and knew how to use them. And I have guns in my house. So far, nobody in our family has been shot, nor have any of us shot somebody else. But we are prepared, and feel more comfortable because of that. We live in a rural area, but there have been several recent break-ins within 10 miles. After all, we live within 10 miles of Wilmington, DE, called Murder City, USA by Times Magazine. Wilmington has the fourth highest per capita Murder rate in the United States, behind Flint, Michigan, Detroit, and New Orleans. It is a city of 71,000. Our gun stores are doing very well lately.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2122 posts)
The things Tom listed we have in our home my mom and dad had them, all my friends have them too. Funny thing is in many generations not 1 person got killed. GO figure huh.

Mickey

Bullard TX
Username hidden
(5645 posts)
Actually, Fred, you would be wrong.

People 6 years and older are 3.6 times more likey to be bitten by an unfamiliar dog.

Cause, Setting and ownership analysis of dog bites in Bay County, Florida from 2009 to 2010. Zoo noses Public Health, 2015, vol. 62 #1.

Funny about that science stuff.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19775 posts)
Fred,

Again, I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19775 posts)
tbr, as I posted here, Liberals should not ban guns, BAN GASOLINE to stop crazies. Ban LIBERALS too.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2708 posts)
If you have a dog in your house your more likely to get bit by a dog than someone who doesn't have a dog in their house. Now that science.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(741 posts)
I was just speculating that there are likely many confounding factors, probably dealt with in your references. The statement you made would lead simple minds to conclude that the act of bringing a gun into a house independent of pre-existing factors doubles the rate of people being shot.

If that were the case, removal of all guns would result in a decline of people being shot by 50%, which is logically impossible.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25114 posts)
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe in it or not.

Neil deGrassse Tyson

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19775 posts)
Or maybe The Accessibility of Firearms and Risk for Suicide and Homicide Victimization among Household Members: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Annalso of Internal Medicine, Volume 160, number 2.

Either would be good.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19775 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 712  Next »
21 to 30 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.