Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 712  Next »
201 to 210 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
You said "doctors", not mental health professionals.

But in any case, I'll be right here while you look. Sort of.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25968 posts)
@VA,

Mental health professionals are already required to submit info about patients to the Fed Gov. May take me a bit, but I can find out when that actually started. It's been a while now.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1238 posts)
" MY DR told us he had to ask us if we felt depressed as all results had to be reported to GOVT now"

Either you or your doctor are lying through your teeth.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25968 posts)
"Doctors are already reporting mental illness to the fed gov."

Could you elaborate or explain, please?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25968 posts)
@VA,

Doctors are already reporting mental illness to the fed gov. I believe this new crap is supposed to broaden the term mental illness for doctors so they are required to report more persons with lesser "mental illness"

The fed gov has been exempted from the hippa laws for quite a while now.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1238 posts)
I don't object to what Obama proposes, exactly. But the fact that he (and most supporters) are invoking mass shootings as justification for it is what irks me the most.

I should stress I haven't read the details of it yet, but from what I understand it means doctors can now report "mental illness" to the FBI which can then be used as part of your background check.

However, "mental illness" is a very, very broad brush. Around 17% of Americans are diagnosed with depression at some point in their lives, and probably many more would be but are never evaluated. If wikipedia is to be believed, 46% of Americans meet the criteria for mental illness at some point in their lives.

This also is interesting from a HIPAA standpoint, which prevents doctors from releasing information to anyone without patient consent. Apparently that doesn't matter.

As for those who say that Obama (or Democrats, or "they") are after our guns... let me say this...

Do I think Obama is? Probably not. However, if he were to, I suspect it would pretty much be like it is now. Erosion of rights is generally pretty palatable when introduced slowly. "Oh, it's just a little intrusion. It only impacts... that guy over there. You're fine.". Most people are OK with that. Like income taxes ("Oh, It's just a 2% tax on the wealthy. Your average Joe doesn't need to worry about it."

I certainly don't mean to make it out that Democrats are alone on this. Republicans do it with other things like abortion. "Oh, it's just a mandatory X day waiting period", etc. These little things are creeping in and very, very gradually eroding rights.

On the surface, most people are OK with banning (or severely restricting) late-term abortion. But all that needs to happen is to redefine late-term abortion... again... add more wait times... consent forms.. review panels.. eventually it becomes practically impossible to get one.

So - any kind of erosion of a right should be taken very, very seriously, and not driven by emotion or hysteria. In other words, it better be damned good. And I don't think, in this case, it is damned "goodenuff".

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25968 posts)
from everything i read today and heard, the stuff obama is doing is a total waste

Paramus NJ
Username hidden
(1719 posts)
@ Good,

I think many people would probably agree with you. Question is........ I'm wondering if there are other points that he will order that were not included in his public announcement. Seems like anytime a politician announces a plan that is controversial, you only get part of it to start with. Later all the other details come out.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1238 posts)
I really don't have an objection to what Obama said he wants yesterday.

But, I don't believe what he proposes will have a significant, if any, effect on reducing gun violence.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
I read that essay... What exactly is wrong with fantasies? I'm voting for your so-called pervert. I can't believe that would be an issue for someone who is posting on a swingers forum. I could see you having other issues.. In fact I could see you having loads of issues. But that? C'mon man

Spring TX
Username hidden
(39 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ... 712  Next »
201 to 210 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.