Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   2 to 11 of 5946   End
User Details are only visible to members.
So, you don't want to partner on an F-16? I was hoping. It's for the best anyway. But on that note, current flight regulations state the maximum allowable speed below 10,000 feet is 250 knots. It is also illegal to fly above the speed of sound at any altitude. Kind of defeats the purpose of owning an F-16, and that has nothing to do with weapons.

Without a fighter jet, why would anyone want the weapons designed for one?

Just askin'...

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18006 posts)
Not to be Crass, or uncaring , but I wonder if Guys Like Cuomo are going to Seek restricting Airplanes now , with the same sense of urgency they used to pass the SAFE ACT here in NY ?

May seem Like an insane thing to say , but we can see what a mentally Disturbed person has the capabilities to do.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9774 posts)
@good can you by the the weapons that are on the F-16? No, that is my point is not being able to buy the weapons should be against the 2nd amendment according to the constitution. Right? Or do we use common sense not to allow public citizens to not be able to own or possess the weapons on a fighter jet.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(446 posts)
How did I miss this one...?

"So like I said before why don't people that could afford a f-16 fully loaded have one in their front yard since the 2nd is about the right to bear arms?"

I certainly can't afford a fully loaded F-16 (minimum of $7,000/hour to fly). If I could, I certainly wouldn't keep it in my front yard. If you wanna partner on an F-16, I might consider it. You buy, I'll fly.

I can, however, afford a fully automatic firearm. I choose not to. Just like I choose not to own a sword, an atlatl, a trebuchet, a crossbow, an official Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle, or any number of other things.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
Yeah Mrs. U, over the past couple of says the site has been more screwed up than I have ever seen it. Click on someone's profile and someone else's pops up. Hove over their profile and someone else's photos pop up. Try to message someone and someone else's profile pops up.

Today we got a message that I think was intended for someone else.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
The point behind some liberals wanting to limit what weapons one may own, is not to wave a magic wond and see all fire arms deaths go away, but rather to reduce access to the most deadly of fire arms.

I have given up any illusion to the importance of this argument, as technology has or will soon make the mass manufacturing of costum made assault weapons a reality for anyone with around 30,000 to spend.

10,000 on the printer and plans. 10,000 on supplies like ammunition (self made or bought.), and other things things which can compliment the designed weapon. 10,000 for transportation cost.

Pretty sure the Boston bombers did their thing for under 10,000.

Point is, if you want to kill. You can, anyone can, and in a few years, drones programmed with maps and some basic devices which tell them where north is, it's degrees of variation from north, a device to tell it its own speed of travel, and a clock to determine time of travel, will give the drone the off grid automated ability to navigate like WWII aircraft to a target point.

In 4 years of college, any programmer can turn a ordinary drone, into a weapon of mass destruction. Add to them a minor in chemistry, and you have trouble unlike what we could imagine. Acid dropped over a stadium by a small (meter wide, long, or three meter radius drone) is enough to cause mass panic leading to a mob that kills the elderly and children.

This is of course nothing we haven't seen in movies, games, and books. Yet you people still are arguing over something minor like who's got the bigger boom stick, and should someone be allowed to own one?

You really are thinking in the minor leagues. If you were smart, fear those thinking on grander scales, those who you republicans fear. I don't fear them, because I won't give them that power... But most will, like we gave Alquada and other terrorist the power they now possess.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8094 posts)
Hey Good....FYI, your profile post picture -- is that of some other profile with a very hot brunette in it. If you know them, please introduce them to us.

Now on the topic of this thread, I am excited because where I reside is about to make it legal to conceal/carry a firearm in a "closed" purse, bag, satchel or briefcase....with the required permit to do so. {psst, I don't need an AR or even a very large firearm when a small one does what I require.}

Mrs. U

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(4149 posts)
Oh, and to be clear, the guy you referred to never mentioned using an AR to "mow down" pigs, and he's not from LA; he's 500 miles north of there.

Not all semi automatic rifles are ARs. Just sayin'...

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
"If you can guarantee that the operators would act in a safe and responsible manor, I would have no objection."

I can't guarantee any human behavior.

How would you propose to guarantee that the person holding a Remington 760/7600, or any lever action or bolt action, or semi auto or single shot- in other words ANY firearm would act in a safe and responsible manner?

From a safety standpoint, you with your firearm are just as dangerous as anyone with a semi automatic firearm. Your concern seems to be about the guy with a semi automatic firearm shooting you or another person. If you really want to support your position, and that of PA, prove that in a hunting situation, a semiautomatic firearm negligently discharged has resulted in a statistically relevant higher rate of injuries or deaths to someone (other than the person holding the firearm) than any other type of firearm.

To make it easier, you can include self inflicted injuries or deaths. Those figures are public information for the states I hunt in, I don't know about PA, but assume they are. You are probably in a better position to find those statistics. To pass a law regarding semi auto use in PA, I would think that someone there has those statistics

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
Start   2 to 11 of 5946   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns