Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ... 707  Next »
181 to 190 of 7063
User Details are only visible to members.
Gotta add that this may cause another buying spree because many people don't understand what Obama hopes to do. Any action by Obama on firearm matters fuels the "Gun Grabbing OWEBAMA" opinion.

I have heard nothing about grabbing guns, and despite what many in here say I don't believe there will ever be a "take their guns away" effort by the US government. Restrictions and new regulations, possibly. Take the guns away, no. There are far too many people, including many who do not even own guns, who would not go for that.

Example: Recently I was sitting with a group of 16 other people of varying ages (19-74), varying political views (ultra-conservative to ultra-liberal) and of both genders. I was the only gun owner and the only hunter in the group. The subject of gun control was brought up by someone (not me). I listened and didn't say anything until well into the conversation when someone finally outright asked me how I felt about more gun control laws.

While there were differing opinions on whether there should be more gun control laws, interpretations of the 2nd Amendment, etc., not a single one was in favor of taking away or getting rid of guns. That included assault style weapons when someone specifically mentioned AR15s.

"They want to take our guns" away people sure are vocal in this thread lately.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5353 posts)
Funny thing about that- many FFL dealers want people to be licensed in order to sell firearms because it reduces legitimate competition for them.

Most FFL dealers are members of the NRA. The NRA lobbies against passing any law that appears to be a gun control measure. IMO, the effect is many FFL dealers have been "lobbying" against something they want.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5353 posts)
GFandME,

From what I currently understand, the new executive order just changes the definitions slightly about who is a collector who sells guns, and who is a dealer that should have the FFL. I doubt it will cause another buying spree. I'm not even against a rule like that, just the way it's being passed.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(911 posts)
"Force gun owners to "qualify" but im probably in the minority"

Probably. Just like I'm probably in the minority of people who believe people should "qualify" in order to be able to vote.

But that's another discussion.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5353 posts)
Justus, I had 125,000 shares of Smith and Wesson from before Owebama came on the scene. Thanks, OWEBAMA.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(1900 posts)
Gun sales are going through the roof and will continue to do so. The gun makers cant thank Obama enough. He has been their best free advertisement for the last 7 years.

Mickey

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5575 posts)
Has anyone heard of any run on guns and ammo ahead of Osamabama's executive orders? It should be starting soon if not already.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(848 posts)
GF AND ME, Law are made to be broken. CRIMINALS AND TERRORIST WILL HAVE GUNS. The anti gun Liberals and et al are going to pick at our gun rights a little at a time. Until we have NO GUN RIGHTS. This is what the Liberals do. They know confiscation can't be passed ALL at once. So they are doing it a small law here and another small law there until we have no guns for any reason and ISIS has them ALL.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(1900 posts)
Id like to actually know what this new gun grab/law is all about before saying its bad. For the life of me i dont understand why we its not a federal law instead of state law (gun laws). i live in NJ where we have pretty damn strict gun laws and they really are not terrible except the no chance of a CCW. If his new gun law is going to hurt guys who sell more than 50 guns/year im perfectly ok with it. I dont agree my AR15 is any more dangerous than my hand guns unless i made it full auto. Id like to see them make it federal law and bring everyone up to NJ gun law standards. Maybe force gun owners to register the guns and insure them ? possibly make all gun owners prove they know how to handle guns, store guns and use them. Force gun owners to "qualify" but im probably in the minority

Paramus NJ
Username hidden
(1679 posts)
Have you forgotten, HFT, that those you identify have no choice?

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1745 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ... 707  Next »
181 to 190 of 7063
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.