Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 8571010161
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 5718   End
User Details are only visible to members.
lol

I was simply showing you that YOUR Scalia quote was senseless. I love Scalia, but he's a bit all over the map in that opinion.

There were hundreds of boys under the age of 18 who fought in the Revolutionary war. Children as young as 12 served in non-combat roles.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16836 posts)
"But as we have said, the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification was the body of all citizens capable of military service, " ----Scalia."

Irony/hypocrisy alert. The guy who is always accusing others of spin, soundbites, and taking things out of context, has once again neglected to look in his mirror. 

To advance his preposterous assertion that the "militia" referenced in the 2nd Amendment included all persons (even women and blacks), Perf plucks out this one sentence and ignores everything around it. In Heller, Scalia had already said the militia was a limited "subset" of all the people "who were male, able bodied, and within a certain age range." He noted later that the militia specifically excluded free blacks. He quoted the first Militia Act from 1792: 

“each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective states, resident therein, who is or shall be of the age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia.” 

It's pretty obvious that the phrase  Perf quoted about "all citizens capable of military service" was merely Scalia's shorthand reference to his more detailed definition of "militia" elsewhere in the opinion. 

Is this idiot really trying to tell us that the founding-era militia referenced in 2A was populated to any real extent by women and blacks? And am I the only one who gets a good chuckle when he lectures someone else about spin? Now, let's sit back and see what he knows about the Rule of Holes. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10798 posts)
"All you gun control freaks should join hands and get the constitution amended. It is illegal to ban weapons of ANY kind until that happens"

I'm not exactly a gun control freak, and neither are the Justices on the Supreme Court. But they and I disagree with your analysis. 

Even the landmark Heller case (holding that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual right to possess handguns in the home for lawful purposes like self defense) specifically acknowledged that there is no constitutional right to have "ANY" kind of weapon. And the decision expressly stated that the Court was not interfering with longstanding restrictions on who and where gun rights could be limited. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10798 posts)
Toomuch:

First the TSA? Are you sure that you are not talking about ICE, ATF, FBI? The TSA doesn't raid anything, they really are little more than glorified train and airport security guards. TSA agents do not even have arresting powers.

Second, don't count me with the ban the weapons crowd. I have no intent to ban your weapons, or even try to limit your ammunition capacity. Go forth, arm yourselves to the teeth, the moment you shoot at my government or its agents... I will back any government retaliation against you. If your family dies along side you, it is only because you picked a fight, starting a war and then chose to hide behind your women and children.

Third, if you wear the uniform, your loyalties are to the duly elected government. Not some back hill terrorist group claiming to be freedom fighters. The Taliban, al quada and most terrorist groups of the world, claim to be freedom fighters too, often overthrowing duly elected governments, to obtain that freedom.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7364 posts)
No Robert but as a former member of the military and one of the most elite units in the world (7th SFG, look it up). I can tell you if I had gotten orders to roll through an USA town it wouldn't be happening. At least during my time it wouldn't have.

However those shotguns and hunting rifles would work pretty well on TSA goons. If it got to the point where our military operates against domestic targets then hopefully enough of that same military would join the opposition and take their tanks and guns with them.

That isn't even my point. My entire point is that the constitution as it was written and intended allows every citizen the right to bear arms. All you gun control freaks should join hands and get the constitution amended. It is illegal to ban weapons of ANY kind until that happens.

Of course it is also illegal for the president to order American citizens assassinated or the TSA to raid bus stations (or even airports) but that happens as well.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2107 posts)
Toomuch/Justus:

By your standards of opposing a tyranny, you would need heavy arms... Your fathers 22 and your ar-15's simply would bounce off the tanks as they roll through your wood shack homes. To say nothing about how bombers would blast you from the sky.

If you think your small arms could stand against a real tyrannical force, you have either lost your minds, or you have no clue about what war really entails.

I'll give you a hint. Just turn off the electricity, water and all other utilities for one month. Do not buy over the counter or prescription medication, and buy only bread and enough water to sustain life. Do this for a month and let us all know how you faired, because in a real war, you will not have the luxuries we have taken for granted today.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7364 posts)
It was never intended for approval from the government, It was actually intended for a Tyranny government because of what they did go through to become free people, Anyone who cares does know this.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4874 posts)
I don't even understand the rational of people thinking the "founding fathers" did not intend for people to have the right to have arms without gov approval. They just went through a revolution and there is so much verbiage in historical documents and newspapers that anyone can google for themselves the mindset of the time.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2107 posts)
""But as we have said, the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification was the body of all citizens capable of military service, " ----Scalia.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16836 posts)
"Perf's first post in a conversation I was having with someone else. "

That's Spin-Ahoy's lack of observation that I was JOINING the conversation.

I don't hashtag. like the douchebag.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16836 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... More 
Start   161 to 170 of 5718   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns