Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ... 747  Next »
161 to 170 of 7470
User Details are only visible to members.
"What "gun" laws would you enact to prevent a person from committing mass killings?"

That's a legitimate question, and the answer is that no law is going to absolutely prevent mass killings. For one thing, I agree that a violent culture contributes to the problem not only of mass killings, but everyday garden-variety killings. There's no single law that would make those disappear overnight. But that's not an excuse for inaction.

Here are some thoughts in response to your question, which might make shootings of all kinds less lethal and/or less frequent:

Why does anyone legitimately need 30-round magazines? Yeah, I know that even an old-fashioned 6-shot revolver and a few speedloaders in the right (or wrong) hands can kill a lot, but why make it so easy to mow down tightly-packed crowds of humans in arenas or schools or movie theaters? If a law-abiding person can't take down a feral hog or home intruder with fewer than 10 rounds, he prolly is too inept to be firing a gun in the first place.

And why should it be legal to have assault-style semi-autos that are so easily convertible into auto?

And what's wrong with closing loopholes in background check requirements, to at least make it harder for bad guys to buy guns?

I've never been in favor of banning guns or confiscating them. But I do favor anything that would promote responsible gun ownership by law-abiders, and making it harder for law-breakers and dangerous people to arm themselves.

/tbc

D Lo MS
Username hidden
(14144 posts)
Oh, and I should add that Robert Bork's view of 2A was exactly the same as mine. But that was before the NRA corrupted conservative logic on this issue.

D Lo MS
Username hidden
(14144 posts)
"Guns are not a constitutional right for home defense, they are not a constitutional right for hunting, they are a constitutional right as a defense against a tyrannical government."

Spot on, 2tryin. It's refreshing to see a conservative who actually has some understanding of 2A. Of course (as you're probably aware) Scalia's opinion in Heller v D.C. was exactly opposite yours and mine. He found a constitutional right to have a non-triggerlocked handgun in the home for self defense, even though the text of 2A says no such thing. And he danced around the actual text that stated the purpose and intent of 2A (to protect state and local militias from being disarmed by a standing national army bent on tyranny). So much for the "textualist" approach to constitutional issues.

D Lo MS
Username hidden
(14144 posts)
Fred,

Continue giving Donnie Smallhands' cock that tonguebath. You've already said that you will defend Trump on any and all facts that prove he's lying or wrong. So, it's completely futile having an honest talk or debate because of your loyalty.

You remind me of a less intelligent male version of Kellyanne Conway. Both are delusional as fuck, both are clearly uneducated. At least she's getting paid nicely to lie for our mentally ill, pathological lying president. You're just a groupie fan on a swingsite, defending a sexual predator who won only 46% of the vote.

Claim you went to some fancy Nancy pants private school, but to no avail. You may have attended but did not get educated.

Lots of pro athletes have graduated from universities unable to write or speak articulately. Fred, you're not very smart nor worth attempting to debate.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(2831 posts)
Lets talk about deadly cross bows, and they are silent.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(4367 posts)
8inch hit the nail on the head. Making single shot guns are so easy anyone can do that in their garage. Bolt action takes a little more skill.

The way to end the use of all guns is to ban the amno, now that is hard to make. and hard to smuggle.

The point is that guns keep us all very safe and prevent home invasions. Without guns in the hands of the people what would stop a home invasion by a gang of thugs?

Open carry keeps the bad guys away from you and your family.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(7520 posts)
8- I know your dense but now you got my point. The 2nd amendment will never be ended. You can make all the laws you want and nut jobs with a gun will always cause problems. If not a gun then they will use some other form of weapon.

You trying to make this hard with what you think is your intellect.

It's an age old problem. More laws have not stopped gun violence so far so what will stop it in your expert opinion?

New York NY
Username hidden
(2646 posts)
Amazing... such simple minded crap coming from a so-called intellectual. The dim party is in deep shit.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1608 posts)
"only way to end all gun violence is to end the 2nd and confinscate"

I swear before God, Santa Clause and 3 other white ppl, you are one certified and documented village idiot. I would love to speak with someone in Fred's zip code less intelligent than Fred.

First of all. You do not and can not "end the 2nd" amendment. There is a process, but the end result does not "end" anything.

Home made guns, stolen police and government guns..... And wait for it.... newly smuggled into the country guns.

That's after you wave your magic wand and make all guns illegal, I mean "confinscated".

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(2831 posts)
No need to defend him. Just trying to console the hair on fire, Russian mumbling, teeth gnashers like you and your constituents.

New York NY
Username hidden
(2646 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ... 747  Next »
161 to 170 of 7470
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.