Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 8571010131
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 5731   End
User Details are only visible to members.
2saint:

When our pride as a nation has been sold to the lowest bidder, when our prestige as a nation pissed away for arrogance, when our elected leaders take us to war to settle personal vendettas, something like choosing to wave our right to the necessity of a warrant, to search our bags are a small and insignificant thing.

When we restore our pride as a nation, when our economic leaders learn to value their countrymen as human beings, worthy of wages which uplift the whole family beyond living off of the government hand outs.

When we stop picking wars half a world away, just to prove a capitalism dick is bigger than a communist dick.

When we stop supporting one mans terrorist to cock block another's, and thus we stop causing mass scale death that is of a direct result of our actions.

When we as a nation learn to be humble, then we will have earned the righ to have pride, earned the right to have personal privacy, earned the right to be respected as a person. Not a moment before.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7616 posts)
Further if you read the tickets you buy, you can clearly see that you wage your right to the necessity of a warrant to search your bags and belongings to include yourself.

And this doesn't bother you and the rest of your generation?

Houston TX
Username hidden
(224 posts)
So they are only required to fire 95 rounds twice a year.

Like I said, most police officers are not as practiced as the typical gun enthusiast.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17166 posts)
the current firearm-requalification program is less about making sure officers can effectively use their pistols in real-life situations than it is about meeting legal require ments and professional standards. While the requalification course meets the standards required by the state of New York and is consistent with national norms, shooting at paper targets on a known-distance range is basically target practice. It does not demonstrate that the officer has mastered his or her firearm and is ready for a shooting confrontation on the streets. In fact, the NYPD has several advanced ranges that better prepare officers for confrontations involving firearms, but logistical considerations prevent them from being used as part of the semiannual requalification program for the vast majority of officers, including patrol officers assigned to street duty. The NYPD is not alone in this.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17166 posts)
"Refresher Firearm Training and Requalification The semiannual firearm requalification consists of three parts: Lecture: • A two-part lecture to remind officers of current safety and tactical issues. The first lecture consists of 38 overhead slides that review drawing the firearm, fundamentals of shooting, accidental discharges, firearm maintenance, and the basics of using OC spray. The second lecture covers departmentwide firearm- discharge reports, use of force, reflexive shooting, patrol tactics, dogs, and firearm safety. Practice: • An opportunity to fire 45 rounds of ammunition at stationary targets at 7-, 15-, and 25-yard distances. Practice is unscored on a tactical pistol course. 36 Evaluation of the NYPD Firearm Training and Firearm-Discharge Review Process Requalification: • This included firing 50 rounds at stationary targets at 7-, 15-, and 25-yard distances. A minimum of 39 hits is required to qualif

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17166 posts)
nation.time. com/2013/09/16/ready-fire-aim-the-science-behind-police-shooting-bystanders/

This article discusses the study and has a link to it. I referenced it here because there's a huge difference between hitting a static target at a firing range some weekend, and being involved in an actual gunfight.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Toomuch:

The TSA hold authority over all forms of transportation. Air, land and sea. Further if you read the tickets you buy, you can clearly see that you wage your right to the necessity of a warrant to search your bags and belongings to include yourself.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7616 posts)
"It was some long, detailed study in NYC. I only glanced at the study itself but read a good summary about it. "

I didn't find the study you were referring to.

There are numerous studies about the training, or lack of training police officers receive when it comes to shooting. Most gun enthusiasts practice a great deal more than most police officers.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17166 posts)
* June 20th 2011 TSA raided a bus station in Tampa FL and performed searches on random people without warrants. Thats just one example, they have operated in a lot of places other than airports and seaports. Just take 5 minutes and google "tsa bus station raid" and you can find all kinds of articles about it.

* As for me volunteering at the schools, I don't work at a school but I would certainly volunteer to help organize and assist in the training. I'm not in LE which would be the best source of training for volunteers. I made that offer in fact.

* One shot from a shotgun on tempered glass door will open it pretty well, I assure you, so locking a glass door against a shooter isn't going to help. The doors are tempered glass so they shatter in small squares instead of shards that might cut someone. Of course they can still just walk in and start shooting.

The faith some of you have that the police are always around to rescue you must be very comforting, such a happy place you have in your minds. Several of you are in your 50's so I would imagine you might make it through the rest of your life without the illusion being shattered. Hopefully that is the case for you. I prefer self-reliance, I'm just old fashioned that way.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2685 posts)
Those same cuts came from the likes of the republicans who said the it wasn't their responsibility to pay for the healthcare of veterans.

h ttp://w ww.disabledveterans.o rg/2011/04/16/republicans-seek-to-cut-1-3-million-veterans/

Note all of the names, their tea party members or suicide libertarians. The democrates might favor trimming with small knives, the republicans trim with meat cleavers.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7616 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 5731   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns