Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 712  Next »
121 to 130 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
Sorry if I got long winded sugars.

My point is that selling a rifle that is the "poster child" for the anti gun camp, with 6 high capacity magazines, provides them with ammunition for their arguments. In this case, the argument about holding manufacturer's liable for what users of their products do with them.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
~~Bad people. Bad citizens. Obsessed with ammunition and firepower, and completely uncaring about Frist Amendment rights of parents with children who are murdered in senseless acts of violence against their defenseless targets.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8606 posts)
~~Obama defended his support for the constitutional right to gun ownership while arguing it was consistent with his efforts to curb mass shootings. He said the NRA refused to acknowledge the government's responsibility to make legal products safer, citing seat-belts and child-proof medicine bottles as examples.

When children are executed in school rooms and theaters in America, and gun owners defend their ammunition nomenclatures, insanity replaces civility and defense of First Amendment rights of parents to expect their children to become teenagers.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8606 posts)
Good for you, Robert. Sounds like a great idea. Bye!!!

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2212 posts)
@Good, No, I was just stating that magazines can malfunction for a variety of reasons, even factory defects.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1243 posts)
I understand, but...

To be clear to others who may read this, semi automatic firearms are not the only type of firearms that use detachable magazines.

Are you suggesting that the manufacturer could be including magazines that don't function properly in the firearm they sell them with?

I would agree that it is desireable to have more than one magazine for a number of reasons. IMO, unless you are in a competition that requires multiple magazines to get through a competitive event, or your life depended on the magazine feeding properly, multiple magazines for the average civilian shooter is more a "want" than a "need".

IMO a rifle like an AR15 is not well suited for concealed carry as a self defense weapon- especially with the bulk of a 30 round magazine. The need for 6 @ 30 round magazines for self defense inside the home or business is questionable.

The conclusion many people would make about a firearm sold from the factory with a 180 round "capacity" before reloading the magazines is not very favorable in today's anti-gun climate.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Any semi-auto weapon needs to be accompanied by more than one mag. If a mag malfunctions and it is the only one you have.........you now have a very SLOW single shot weapon.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1243 posts)
Andrew, I agree with your position on firearm manufacturer's liability.

But, manufacturers' don't help the public's, or more specifically, the anti-gun lobby's perception of them.

As an example, I notice that a specific manufacturer of an AR15 style rifle now sells them (here anyway) with 6 @ 30 round magazines. I believe the manufacturer of an AK47 style also does the same thing, but because I was looking at the AR style, I can't say definitively that the AK style came with that many magazines.

Anyway...

The antis would claim that the only person who would want that many high capacity magazines at the time of purchase must have socially unacceptable intentions for the weapon, and the manufacturer's are enabling that.

Yeah, you *could* read "mass murder in mind" in lieu of "socially unacceptable intentions".

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Thank you for your concern, been spending time on more productive things, and in more productive forums, where the individuals actually care about their countrymen, and not what benefits themselves.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8416 posts)
Robert!

What the heck? We haven't heard from you for awhile. Did your internet/data connection thaw out? Pay the bill and get reconnected?

Whatever it is, I'm glad to see you're still alive.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 712  Next »
121 to 130 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.