Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 8571010111
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... More 
Start   111 to 120 of 5463   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The round just looks cool as hell. In fact, screw the ballistics, buy it because it looks cool.

You know you want it, all tapered and sexy looking. Definitely not a plain looking, pudgy old .40 or 9mm. Something different. Like swinging.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I am leaning towards it after speaking to a former coworker , who Showed me some footage and results of the round. I'm not looking for an Everyday shooter I have plenty of those. but for something a little off the beaten path

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9621 posts)
Oops- the 229 is also a compact version of the 226. That's why I mentioned it.

Maybe I'm a Sig nut?

:-)

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I'm not an expert but I believe the M11 is a Sig 228- the more compact, 9mm only version of the 226. The Sig 229 is available in .357 Sig and .40 S&W

Only know this because I looked extensively at 226, 228 and 229 Sigs in 9mm and .357 Sig. I don't like the recessed/bobbed hammer versions. I believe they lacked the decocking lever, and I kind of like being able to pull the hammer back SAO style.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Beretta is the M9, Sig is the M11. SEALS use pretty much what they want to. M11 is designed for compact carry so it is often issued to aircrews because it fits well in thier survival vests.

Ellicottville NY

Username hidden
(53 posts)
looking, .357 Sig ammo may be more difficult to find than .40 S&W. You should be able to find a .40 barrel for a 226. That is probably the only thing you need to change on a Sig 226, manufactured to chamber the .357 SIG, if you want to use .40 S&W ammo.

I think, but I'm not certain, that the spring may have to be changed as well as the barrel when converting a 226 from a .40 S&w to the .357 Sig. The .357 Sig usually has higher chamber pressures and is made to account for that.

Things I've been told by someone who knows more than I do about such things.

The US Military selected the Beretta 92F for the standard issue side arm over the SIg 226 because of total contract cost. The Navy Seals use the Sig 226. That should tell you something.

I believe the military refers to the Beretta as the M9.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Wife got me a new gun safe for my birthday and when I pointed out to her that we didn't really need one that big she said, "Honey, we just need to buy a few more guns". God you have to love a country gal.

Spring Branch TX

Username hidden
(301 posts)
PM...I'm with you! Kimber compact all day long

Ellicottville NY

Username hidden
(53 posts)
So long as it isn't like riding a Moped..... It's fun to ride , so long as nobody see's you riding it

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9621 posts)
"Already have the 1911, But looking for something a little out of the ordinary. "

Great gun, great caliber. I don't think you can go wrong. I'm not a Glock fan either. They're reliable, but just ugly. It's like an ugly girl who can cook.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... More 
Start   111 to 120 of 5463   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns