Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 712  Next »
101 to 110 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
Goodenuff-It sounds like we are very similar in interests, hobbies and views.

One day when we are back in MN or if ever get to TN-We will have to buy you a beer so you can solve the mystery of the old man and gun story for us. In all seriousness we take firearm safety very seriously so you perspective on what is wrong with that picture is of interest to me.

I did the old man and gun riddle to my vanilla friends at the range. No one had heard this story before (someone should claim it) and most like me assumed the house was locked and old man was in his 70's. The most common inquiries I received were similar to mine-Why isn't the gun loaded? Why didn't he take the gun with him?

We don't have guns in plain sight in our house since we have teenagers-but they are close and secure (locked up in individual safes) when we are NOT carrying.

Chattanooga TN
Username hidden
(11 posts)
Back to responding to some of 39TNCOUPLE's comments that appeared to be directed at me-

When I refer to the anti gun climate I mean the call for more gun control regulations that typically occurs after incident involving the use of firearms- especially incidents that the mass media capitalizes on and that politicians use to further their agenda. THAT typically induces a mad rush to purchase firearms and firearm related products, which in turn drives costs of those products up.

I don't believe I ever mentioned gun grabs- except possibly to say that I am oppose the concept and to the best of my knowledge no federal level politician has suggested anything of the sort. To clarify for you, I am absolutely opposed to the concept.

The only fear I have regarding anything you have posted is your disregard for advocating safe firearm handling. With that one exception, I consider all of the points you made, which appear to be directed at me, to be "preaching to the choir".

Happy posting.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
John, I'm going to assume your comment was directed at an individual whose posts I can't read when I log on. Otherwise, it made no sense.

:-)

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Did you modify the original posters topic? What you just parrotted is nowhere in the original post.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(2539 posts)
What does that have to do with arming the free people of our republic?

Username hidden
(27 posts)
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay? It's, like, incredible," Trump said.

Just what America needs.... A rich Charlie Manson as the Repub nomination.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(2539 posts)
You carry the ball well 39 !!!!!!.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1179 posts)
Goodenuf you have valid points, people should handle their firearms responsibly. I too, like I am sure many here, have taken fire from well armed insurgents with AKs, PKM and RPGS. However, individual irresponsibility is no reason for restriction of larger societal rights. An individual who is irresponsible and by that irresponsibly harms another should be prosecuted for his misdeeds, his neighbors should not be punished for his actions, nor should the people at large suffer from the irresponsibility of a very, very few. If we legislated all things in such a way no one would be able to drive, drink, openly and freely speak, or conduct their personal sexual lives as they wished. All have been abused by evil and/or stupid people to the detriment of innocent bystanders.

Username hidden
(27 posts)
I understand, I speak sarcasm.

However, listening to your sarcasm is like listening to someone speak Russian in Cantonese with an Irish accent.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Good, What I posted was a sarcastic joke of leaving a gun and bullets and it doesn't kill anyone on its own.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2708 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 712  Next »
101 to 110 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.