Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released on Tuesday said.

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.

About 4.5 million of the 8 million new guns manufactured worldwide each year are purchased in the United States, it said.

"There is roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide. Without the United States, though, this drops to about one firearm per 10 people," it said.

India had the world's second-largest civilian gun arsenal, with an estimated 46 million firearms outside law enforcement and the military, though this represented just four guns per 100 people there. China, ranked third with 40 million privately held guns, had 3 firearms per 100 people.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 712  Next »
1 to 10 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
How about a tiny islet west of the Alaskan peninsula? With free boots and shorts and a can of pig roast.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2127 posts)
Close GITMO on Cuba and move to North Alaska or better still Putin's SIBERIA. "Trump, Putin, Club Zero Temp."

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2708 posts)
Well, if we are now going to ban trucks, what about cars? Maybe we need to get Use Permits to buy a Truck; same for cars. That sure would stop future attacks. Two-by-fours, ball bats, and crow bars are potential killers, too, ya know. Yeah, lets use our brains here and ban everything that could be used to kill people. Here's an idea: Why not put killers to death instead of jail. Maybe we need to get rough ourselves in the face of dangerous criminals. Let them become aware that there are bad consequences for bad actions.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2127 posts)
NICE, FRANCE, Do to the saluter with a TRUCK, Owebama and CROOKED HILLARY are calling for a BAN on trucks. All future deliveries will be made with Chinese Rickshaw and Push Carts.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2708 posts)
The gun grabbers always have statistics and studies. I don't care. I'm thinking about the issue on a different level.

I don't care about a bunch of teenage and young adults in the inner city areas of big cities who can't keep their fingers off the trigger. Their problem. Not mine.

I don't care about the people who commit suicide with a gun. Their problem, not mine.

I don't care about the kids who shoot themselves in the face when the parents who didn't teach them about guns, and who also didn't responsibly secure their guns, find the guns and act a fool. Their problem, not mine.

That's where a lot of these statistics come from.

Guns are Darwinism in action.

I'm not giving up MY guns because of the problems of all those other people.

So many people want to make it a debate with intelligent reasonable points, on both sides. Fuck all that. "Here's my stats and conclusions and blah blah blah, and fuckedy fuck, and blabedy blah." And at the end of that I'm supposed to say, "OK. I'll give up my rights and my property." NOPE! Not gonna happen! So lets not waste each others' time.

If you suggest that my guns should be taken away, hell no, fuck no, and furthermore, just so we're all crystal clear on where we stand on this issue, FUCK OFF AND DIE!

There will be no debate on this issue. If you force it through the law, you will meet resistance. I might be the only person you have contact with who feels this way about it, given the nature of this forum, but trust me, there are MILLIONS of Americans who feel the same way as I. That's what you're fuckin' with.

I have a disturbing number of guns and bullets, and yet I haven't murdered anyone.

I'm not giving up my guns because other people have a problem with them.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1509 posts)
Tom you are so right, and people know it. I just hope Trump gets in.

Mickey

Bullard TX
Username hidden
(5678 posts)
Yes ST, I know the difference, but thanks. I was just trying to keep it simple in explaining the difference between a study and what "science" is. Some unbiased studies can lead to unbiased conclusions. But that doesn't make it "science". Even "scientific studies" using lab rats and chemical exposures can be misleading. Medical studies often contradict each other for years. We all have seen it. What was considered healthy for you a few years ago (based on studies) might be your biggest health risk today. Just watch all of the POS ambulance chasing lawyer commercials on TV.

Bottom line is that if someone is intent on bringing you harm they will find a way to do it. Gun or no gun. Guns are nothing more than a tool. Less dangerous than a chain saw.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2125 posts)
Having sex with your girl friend can make her pregnant, therefore, BAN SEX, along with guns.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2708 posts)
"I'll leave you guys to your delusions... "

The Perception of Risk (Risk, Society and Policy) [Paul Slovic] (You're familiar with science so I assume you've heard of this one)

So how about we leave you to your delusions....

"Child Injured on Stairs Every 6 Minutes Children Being Carried Down the Stairs Are 3 Times More Likely to Be Hospitalized" webmd com/parenting/news/20120312/child-injured-on-stairs-every-6-minutes

Tell me tbr are you anti stairs? If a thing is dangerous in a home then any sane person like yourself would a move to eliminate the risk correct? If not then care to explain why? Come on, It's for the sake of our children right?

What about access to alcohol and motor vehicles. The combination can lead to catastrophic injury and death and I have personally witnessed this. I had blood on my shoes and soaked into the bottom of my pants from walking through the aftermath attempting to render aid. Will you advocate just as stridently for all civilian access to both to be banned? Of course you won't as you perceive the risk to be worth the reward and you believe you can manage the dangerous aspect of access to these things.

But of course if I feel the same about access to guns then I'm delusional....

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(110 posts)
Tom, your gunpowder formula is commonly called Black Powder these days. Most cartridges today are loaded with Smokeless Powder: either single base or double base, i.e., nitrocellulose or NC /nitroglycerine, each plus varying combinations of additives for plasticizing, such as ethylcentralite plus stabilizers, such as diphenylamine. Alcohol and sometimes acetone are used to help the mixing process, but are later dried off. Graphite is used a glaze to reduce the danger of electrical charges and clumping when pouring and mixing. I'm sure you know this difference.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2127 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 712  Next »
1 to 10 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.