Guns Guns and More Guns : Swingers Discussion 857101091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsPoliticsGuns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 5470   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You can't stop it if you can't hit it.

Just sayin'...

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
9mm is better than nothing, but I'm not a fan of it's 'stopping' power either.

My question is how familiar is the Mrs with semi-automatic handguns? I think a wheel gun is most appropriate for those who wish to carry, but do not have a good familiarity with autos. Also, many women do not have the hand strength to work the slide on full size autos.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Robert- have you started reading the links I provided? Perhaps the answer to your earlier question can be found there.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"Was thinking of a 9MM but not sure if it will have enough stopping power."

lacouple, what is it you want to stop with a handgun that you don't feel a 9mm has enough stopping power for?

A charging bull? Grizzly bear?

From a website on ballistics discussing the topic of stopping power:

"Does that mean that it is a better man stopper? Not necessarily, although it certainly has more power, dead is dead. I do not know anyone willing to stand down range and catch lead from either."

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Mike:

"So what? The framers understood the need for the people to have guns to fight off a tyrannical government. The more guns that law abiding people have , the better"

Show me one place in any law, allowing anyone to rebel against the US government.

Hazle Township PA

Username hidden
(6882 posts)
So what? The framers understood the need for the people to have guns to fight off a tyrannical government. The more guns that law abiding people have , the better

Johnstown PA

Username hidden
(41 posts)
Thinking of buying my first handgun next payday and would like some recommendations from some of the posters who seem to know a lot about them.

I want something easy to clean, easy to shot with not a lot of kick. Something the wife can handle easily. Was thinking of a 9MM but not sure if it will have enough stopping power. Nothing larger than a 40cal. I think anything bigger than that and the recoil would be to much for her.

Odessa TX

Username hidden
(439 posts)
Tell me about It I wanted the old workhorse Model 10 S&W, they are going for more used now than they were when new.....

I used to buy them @ 75-100.00

I only have 5 wheel guns to date.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9622 posts)
The G22 is not a bad gun, light, boxy grip, and not as accurate as my 1911. But hey it is an investment. I screwed up when police trade in revolvers were dirt cheap. NOW they are going for a premium. 20 years ago I had a chance to buy victory model S&W for a 100 buck apiece, another screw up on my part. Saw one the other day going for $800.

Sanford NC

Username hidden
(19231 posts)
Robert, for your reading enjoyment:

gpo.g ov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title18/pdf/USCODE-2011-title18-partI-chap44.pdf

gpo.g ov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title26/pdf/USCODE-2011-title26-subtitleE-chap53.pdf

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... More 
Start   91 to 100 of 5470   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns