Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 707  Next »
91 to 100 of 7066
User Details are only visible to members.
Today I Placed my S & W .357 revolver on the table right next to my front door. I left 6 cartridges beside it, then left it alone and went about my business. While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's son across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the "stop" sign near the front of my house. After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was quietly sitting there, right where I had left it. It had not moved itself outside. It had not killed anyone. Certainly, even with the Numerous opportunities it had presented to do that. In fact, it had not even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the media about how dangerous guns are and How They kill people. Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world. The United States is 3rd in Murders Throughout The World. But if you take out just 5 'left-wing' cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, St Louis and New Orleans -- the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the ENTIRE World, for Murders. These 5 Cities are controlled by Democrats. They also have The Toughest Gun Control Laws in the USA. It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right? Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they 're making people fat.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(1900 posts)
Justus:

Every embassy is a risk that the staff accept, and the what military presence which is stationed at said embassy, preform their duties. We cannot turn our embassy's into forts, nor could we afford to supply said embassy's if we tried.

You need to grow up, and learn to accept that the United States military is not all powerful. Also, do not try to use any soldiers death, as a whipping stick against anyone. You support rebellion against our duly elected and established government, showing only contempt for the very constitution the service member protects.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8305 posts)
I wonder how many tears Obama shed for our military people that died in the Benghazi Terror attack? Oh I forgot, he didn't, instead he and Killary lied to the family's about some video.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5575 posts)
Sugars:

The difference is in perception of what constitutes a baby.

The pro-choice/abortion crowd creates a narrow definition of what a baby is, citing the fact that in the early pregnancy, the woman's body can abort the pregnancy on its own. While true, this occurs rarely, and only when the unborn is so damaged (by any reason), that it would likely not survive natural life (life without technology).

The anti-abortion/anti-planned parent hood groupies seem to have a broad definition of life starting with conception. While equally true to the pro-abortionist claims, the anti-abortion groups often fail to support their belief in the importance of human life, by failing to provide services or support ideals which promotes health, and happiness of the individual (the unborn now born) and its parents. In failing to provide services to the improvised (universal welfare like seen in Europe), this anti-abortion crowd loses all creditbility as concerned humanitarians, and instead become hypocrites.

I advocate for neither path, rather I advocate and believe true humanitarians would advocate for, the advancement of technology such as artififical womb technology, which would give rise to other medical technologies which would aid those unfit to be mothers of their undesired child, while potentially saving it from the assured destruction of death. Further technology which could be gained from this, would be, but not limited to, organ cloning, enhanced understanding of our genetic structure and thus gene therapy, and numerous cures to genetic inferiorities. Lastly, such mastery of genetic science could lead to an improved understanding of growing food, and thus enabling the cities to grow food in laboratories, making the farm lands largely useless.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8305 posts)
Obama sheds tears and says.... "If we can save just one child from gun violence"........while at the same time....supports Planned Parenthood's killing of 328,000 babies last year.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(849 posts)
On a sad note, in my 40 plus years career in the criminal justice world, I worked hand in hand with many psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, sociologist, criminologist, and other mental health professionals. Many of them were "nut jobs". But, I had to listen to them for their input in my investigations and dealings with the situations and their notes to saved my ass in federal court many times. Two of the "psychiatric professionals", of which I knew personally, committed suicide. Just food for thought.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1711 posts)
ZZ... You're preaching to the choir my friend. I am VERY familiar with the NICS, FFL and the "Brady Bill" when it comes to buying guns legally. I'm a law abiding citizen and gun owner and know how to buy/own a gun legally. I really don't object to background checks for the most part of it when it comes to buying/selling guns legally.

I can't, and won't, speak for the other pro 2nd amendment rights people here but what does it take to get on the "NO SALE" list with NICS. Hell, you and I both qualify as "nut jobs".

Is it the parent who witnessed the tragic accident of their child, who died bleeding to death in their arms, reaching out for professional help from a clinical psychologist (Doctorate level) or psychiatrist to deal with the depression and emotional trauma?

Is it the person that was arrested and convicted 30 years ago for possession of marijuana and hasn't even had a traffic ticket sense then? Now has a functioning, well adjusted, family and is coaching little league and is active in 4H and FFA and is a school mentor?

Is it the 18 year old kid, 10 years ago, who got caught having sex with his 16 year old girlfriend and was convicted of "statutory rape" and now, 10 years later, has to register as a "sex offender" in many states? ( This subject is altogether different, in my perspective, from other sex crimes)

For the record, I'm all for "legally" keeping guns out of the hands of most felons, the mentally ill, and especially terrorist. The problem is that the government CAN NOT do that. No matter how many laws or executive orders. Laws and executive orders only effect/restrict the law abiding. Not the ones that the law/order was intended for.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1711 posts)
The National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, is all about saving lives and protecting people from harm—by not letting guns fall into the wrong hands. It also ensures the timely transfer of firearms to eligible gun buyers.

Mandated by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 and launched by the FBI on November 30, 1998, NICS is used by Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) to instantly determine whether a prospective buyer is eligible to buy firearms. Before ringing up the sale, cashiers call in a check to the FBI or to other designated agencies to ensure that each customer does not have a criminal record or isn’t otherwise ineligible to make a purchase. More than 100 million such checks have been made in the last decade, leading to more than 700,000 denials.

{So this is how 'liberals' weakened an American citizens self-defense capability, >nudisttom<?}

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8076 posts)
~~Laugh, laugh, I thought I'd die; it seemed so funny to me. Bringing Chris Kyle's wife into the 'self-defense' debate, when her husband, the American sniper of movie fame [Clint's boy] died on a shooting range, failing to defend himself. Those 'liberals' you claim have weakened laws against gun ownership really caused that, then, in your Wayne's World Way of offering an explanation or solution! I can follow the illogic in that.

It's Sangria time in south Florida. Think I'll go down to the waterfront bar and watch the gulls and pelicans glide over the surf, and laugh some more about those 'liberals' who have denied gun owners their privilege of defending themselves against death at an early age.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8076 posts)
How well has the federal "RICO ACT" of 1970 worked to subdue organized crime, save lives of the American youth, lowered drug/gun trafficking, prevent future organized crimes, prevent gang related "drive by" shootings etc, etc, etc.

Yes, it made for more harsh criminal penalties for these crimes but it was not a deterrent to those criminal activities. Obviously

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1711 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 707  Next »
91 to 100 of 7066
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.