Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 712  Next »
81 to 90 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
Correction--- Articles to read. Not "web site".

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2022 posts)
@ Andrew and Good. I have tried several times to post here, new info from neutral web sites on Obama's EO on gun control from mental health experts. The forums cops won't let me post the web sites for you to read.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2022 posts)
Here Andrew, maybe this makes sense:

"Section 922(g)(4), Title 18, United States Code, prohibits the receipt or possession of firearms by an individual who has been "adjudicated as a mental defective" or "committed to a mental institution." Regulations issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), 27 C.F.R. § 478.11, define these terms as follows: Adjudicated as a mental defective. (1) A determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease:

Is a danger to himself or to others; or Lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs.

(2) The term shall include —

A finding of insanity by a court in a criminal case; and Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to articles 50a and 72b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, 10 U.S.C. 850a, 876b. Committed to a mental institution. A formal commitment of a person to a mental institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority. The term includes a commitment to a mental institution involuntarily. The term includes commitment for mental defectiveness or mental illness. It also includes commitments for other reasons, such as for drug use. The term does not include a person in a mental institution for observation or a voluntary admission to a mental institution."

I think "marked subnormal intelligence" describes a lot of people who post in the Forum.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Andrew. If you are "totally mad" all of us are. And so are the ones in the psychology field. "Mental instability" ranges from "eating/drinking disorders, bipolar,mood, personality, sleeping, stress, grieving due to the lose of a loved one, postpartum or postnatal depression, etc disorders to ADHD to schizophrenia. Simple neuroses, psychosis or psychopathic behaviors are all mental disorders according to "modern psychology". This includes hormonal disorders in women with PMS and/or going through the "change of life". There are many spokes in the psychological wheel that run in every direction and take many forks from there.

I don't object to background checks in gun sales as it stands now. But I do have a serious problem with the "government" dictating to "we the people" exactly who is "mentally" unstable in reference to the 2nd amendment.

I don't have a major problem with tightening the loopholes in gun sales. I don't care who created the problem or the loopholes. I have a major problem with the federal government being involved in it. Put that responsibility back on the state in which we live and "We the people". Give the states the money to enforce the current laws. Not tax the people to create and enforce new laws.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2022 posts)
Does that make sense to anyone, or am I just completely mad?

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1379 posts)
"If an individual is deemed to pose a risk to the public, due to mental instability or lack of safety, they shouldn't be allowed the deadly weapons with which they may cause great harm or death. A gun or fire arm, is not a toy and we the people do in fact have a right to say "No, you who are unsafe, you who would out of malicious or irresponsibility cause great harm or death to others, should in fact, not have or be allowed to have access to or possess on your person or in your home, a fire arm. Which a fire arm is a deadly weapon and tool only useful in imposing death upon another living creature."

I agree with that. The problem is one of trust. I don't trust my government to adjudicate any such program fairly. I think they have a disarmament agenda, and if we give them the power to judge the mental stability of ANYONE, that power will be abused to the maximum extent that it can be. That's why I'm against implementing any program that will allegedly do the same damn thing I'm in favor of.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1379 posts)
@Robert. Please explain to me, in your opinion, what exactly is a "mental instability"? Also, how did you come to this conclusion?

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2022 posts)
LMFAO. Robert, you are a trip my uninformed child. You obviously don't understand "legal" guns, the "legal" ownership process, or the intended purpose of "legal" guns and the evolution of 2nd Amendment and the government involvement. Not to mention the "legal" American Sportsman or the "legal" recreational target shooter.

There are approximately 2000 illegal stolen/obtained/manufactured guns smuggled across the US/Mexico border every day headed to Latin America and the various Latin American drug cartels. In return, these illegal guns, drugs, paraphernalia and cartel members are smuggled back into the US. These same "illegal" guns are used in robberies, hijackings, extortions, gang murders and executions to further the drug trade. It's a vicious cycle.

Robert or ZZ, when you can explain to me how Obama's exclusionary EO banning of law abiding citizens from "legally" owning a gun to protect live and property, come back and talk to me. But, please be prepared to explain how Obama's EO is going to reduce the number of "Illegal" gun trafficking, drug and gang violence and street crimes at the same time. At that point you will have my undivided attention.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2022 posts)
Nude:

" In other words, don't ban guns. Ban the "people" who want to legally own a gun. "

If an individual is deemed to pose a risk to the public, due to mental instability or lack of safety, they shouldn't be allowed the deadly weapons with which they may cause great harm or death. A gun or fire arm, is not a toy and we the people do in fact have a right to say "No, you who are unsafe, you who would out of malicious or irresponsibility cause great harm or death to others, should in fact, not have or be allowed to have access to or possess on your person or in your home, a fire arm. Which a fire arm is a deadly weapon and tool only useful in imposing death upon another living creature."

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8416 posts)
Before Obama, Clinton, and G.W. Bush wanted background check loophole closed at gun shows.

Bush's (and possibly Clinton's) argument was that the federal government created the loophole, so the federal government should close it.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 712  Next »
81 to 90 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.