Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 5954   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Bill i love my 1100, but with steel shot now and so many hard core left wingers in California its hard to go bird hunting anymore.

We used to tow scull boats out into San Fransisco bay and onto some of the big lakes and then anchor the main boat and hunt ducks. The liberals would cut the anchor rope laving us stranded miles from shore.

today i only hunt deer and pigs on private land. I love Remington i shoot their 30.06 740. Being left handed the auto are the only way to go.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
P.S. to prior post. I have to agree with Perfectmatch, 45 APC rounds do seem like a waste of cylinder space in a revolver that can load 410 shells. I would think a lot of gas would escape even before the projectile reaches the rifling of the barrel making a weak cartridge (relative to its big brother) even weaker. I would also think that shooting APC rounds repeatedly would foul the barrel and make clean up a lot harder???? Only advantage I see is that they are more commom to find that cowboy or long colt rounds. Even Walmart carries them.

Greencastle PA
Username hidden
(622 posts)
My first brand new gun was a 16 ga. bolt action shot gun. It held 2 in the clip (box mag) 1 in the chamber. I used it for deer and small game. If you can only afford one gun, a shotgun is the ticket in my opinion. I once hit a 2 gal milk jug at about 80 to 100 yds. with a deer slug (ounce ball for you other old timers). I had to hold about 9 inches high but the slug had plenty of poop to not only reach the jug but the jug exploded on impact. Killing a deer at 100 td with a 12 ga and buck shot is not hard to believe at all. Someone may not understand how reloads can loosen a stock. Simply, hot reloads put a lot of extra back pressure and shock on the mechanism. A mod. 1100 Rem is a gas operated semi auto. The back pressure drives the bolt back, ejects the spent shell and loads the next. All that "extra" pressure jars the gun and can loosen screws wobble out holes and scar the bore. I own a 1100 and will only use standard shells in it. It is over 40 YO and in great shape. With a modified choked barrel It is a great bird gun

Greencastle PA
Username hidden
(622 posts)
Dzzy - you're eternal, just like you're wife's beauty. Nice to see you.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18064 posts)
You guys know nothing about shotguns and reloading.

As far as fish stories goes i take a kayak out a mile into the ocean and go fishing..oh do i have fish stories and whale stories.

I also dive in the ocean and hunt fish, free diving not using air, and do i have diving stores.....

And some really great wild mushroom stories...

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
Ncalcouple- you are comparing shooting a duck at 70 yards away to a deer. Lol. I bet you have some good fishing stories to. Lol

New York NY
Username hidden
(455 posts)
wow, I started this thread....8 years ago! :-)

Newtown PA
Username hidden
(5327 posts)
I regret responding to any of his posts, but I find it extremely difficult to believe reloads have anything to do with a loose stock. But then again, I don't believe anything that guy says. Ever.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4743 posts)
Fred i may know nothing about handguns but i starting shooting shotguns at age eight and started reloading at age thirteen.

I would ride my bike through town to my friends dairy with my shotgun strapped to my bike with a backpack of shells. We we would shot doves, ducks and pheasants.

My friends and i would pump up the reloads, this was in the time of lead shot, using the Alcan powder. The AL7 was a hot powder and with a pumped up load we could throw lead with accuracy and power for 70 yards killing ducks and geese with ease.

The longest shot i ever made on a honker was with my reloads throwing #2s. It was so far away that i was not going to shot but i said what the hell, honkers where a once in a lifetime opportunity back then. I am not even going to guess how far the shot was, the bird folded up and took a long time to hit the ground.

I plucked that bird down looking for the hole where i hit him, but i could never find one. I figured that i hit the bird in the head with just enough impact to knock the bird out and the fall killed it.

The 00 buckshot was relaods, i was getting some firewood and took my shotgun to shoot some squirrels..but i carried the buckshot just in case.

The deer was just standing there watching me buck up the tree, the first shot nothing happened, the second he collapsed like a sack of potatoes.

I still have my first and only shotgun a Remington 1100, the reloads have made the stock permanently lose...but the birds that gun killed.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
Ncalcouple- lol you are entertaining. I've heard it all now. Lol

New York NY
Username hidden
(455 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 5954   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns