Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 747  Next »
71 to 80 of 7470
User Details are only visible to members.
Ron, that's fine and all good. But what did you do for Chicago?

There's no place for kids after school, so they hang out in streets. Ppl think its a quick, fast solution in Chicago. Ppl talk about the city, but give lip service, no help, time or money.

Mentors, teachers, money, and places for after school are needed.

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(2832 posts)
@sar- Japan doesn't live by our constitution. I suggest if you don't want to either than move to Japan.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(2671 posts)
A recent article in the New York Times cited a number of studies to come to the conclusion that the reason there is so much gun violence in the US is simple: guns.

Mental health rates in the first world are about the same. Spending on mental health is about the same, and the number of mental health professionals is about the same.

The US is not more prone to crime than other developed countries, but the crime is more lethal.

More gun ownership is correlated with more gun murders at all levels.

I know some of you will discard the information because it is from that liberal rag, the NYT.

But look and the underlying studies.

nytimes.co m/2017/11/07/world/americas/mass-shootings-us-international.ht ml

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22853 posts)
..so Fredo..how many gun homicides does Japan have a year ?

New York NY
Username hidden
(3586 posts)
Don't confuse them with facts. It's not what the politicians have told them to fit their narrative in their political game.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(2671 posts)
8 & sar- are the democrats talking points sheep. The lax boarding state don't fly. D.C. Gun homicide rates decreasing. This all while having a very gun friendly state Virginia boarding it.

I have noticed since trump came into office Chicagos gun violence has decreased.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(2671 posts)
Agree with fundamentallaw and RonKathy - gun violence is a public health problem and or mental health issue. Agree with 8inch - Penalties/laws are too soft, and also the severe lack of enforcement. Agree with ncal - the violence on tv and video games are not helping matters. In my opinion judges and lawyers get part of the blame also, when lawyers can bleed the common sense out of the written laws and the judges allowed it. I remember when most people were afraid to break the law. Now the attitude is - I'm not breaking the law unless (or until) I get caught. So I put most the blame on parenting! Because I know my daughter would never ever think to aim a gun at another human unless it was in self-defense. She's been target shooting (and owning) guns since she was 10 years old. Since before the time, when some guy came down from a mountain with a rock that had some scribbling on it that said "thou shall not kill" we have NOT been able to stop humans from killing humans. So it was a problem back then and they did NOT have guns back then either. WTF. Will there ever be a cure for killing? Not until we start teaching ALL children that violence is very bad. You know, parenting. Then, when we no longer need guns for the 2A stuff we'll simply throw our guns in the everyday trash.

Laona WI
Username hidden
(25 posts)
"So what is everyone's take on crime in Chicago" you can not talk about strict gun laws in Chicago when you have lax gun control in neighboring states. If you want to talk about gun control the best example is Australia and Japan....these are islands and access to guns is very limited and expensive. Japan actually almost eliminated gun related deads down to 2 a year. We had 2 mass shootings in 2 moths with 100 dead and hundreds more injured.

New York NY
Username hidden
(3586 posts)
I suggest giving 6 or 8 yrs flat. What do you suggest is answer to citie like Chi? Screaming how bad it is, solves what? They have toughest laws... Please explain. Illinois does what more so than more lax states?

Brown Deer WI
Username hidden
(2832 posts)
How about dealing with the real issue? The TV like MSNBC and their resist movement and movies with extreme violence driving the mentally unstable to commit mass murder?

This was the ANTIFA weekend, why not deal with those criminals?

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(7581 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 747  Next »
71 to 80 of 7470
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.