Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 5946   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Fred i may know nothing about handguns but i starting shooting shotguns at age eight and started reloading at age thirteen.

I would ride my bike through town to my friends dairy with my shotgun strapped to my bike with a backpack of shells. We we would shot doves, ducks and pheasants.

My friends and i would pump up the reloads, this was in the time of lead shot, using the Alcan powder. The AL7 was a hot powder and with a pumped up load we could throw lead with accuracy and power for 70 yards killing ducks and geese with ease.

The longest shot i ever made on a honker was with my reloads throwing #2s. It was so far away that i was not going to shot but i said what the hell, honkers where a once in a lifetime opportunity back then. I am not even going to guess how far the shot was, the bird folded up and took a long time to hit the ground.

I plucked that bird down looking for the hole where i hit him, but i could never find one. I figured that i hit the bird in the head with just enough impact to knock the bird out and the fall killed it.

The 00 buckshot was relaods, i was getting some firewood and took my shotgun to shoot some squirrels..but i carried the buckshot just in case.

The deer was just standing there watching me buck up the tree, the first shot nothing happened, the second he collapsed like a sack of potatoes.

I still have my first and only shotgun a Remington 1100, the reloads have made the stock permanently lose...but the birds that gun killed.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
Ncalcouple- lol you are entertaining. I've heard it all now. Lol

New York NY
Username hidden
(446 posts)
Sugar i know, i was really surprised that i hit it and that it dropped like a rock...didnt move a muscle.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
I would think the spread of the shot at that distance.... you're lucky you even hit the deer at all.

Buckshot is not for distance shooting.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(337 posts)
I have shot a buck with 00 buck shot 12 ga at 70 yards or so. Dropped him like a rock. I was surprised the power of 00 buckshot.

Ukiah CA
Username hidden
(1572 posts)
000 (triple 0) buckshot is available in the .410 shell.

Good self defense round

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(337 posts)
I see it as a novelty. I've heard the clips are a bastard to load and unload the cartridges in, that's why I asked. I'd bet that most people who have a Judge or a Governor use .410 loads in it.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
It would seem a bit of a waste to shoot 45 acp out of it. That's a lot cylinder for such a short cartridge, and a long way to travel before contacting the barrel.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18005 posts)
a governor. My buddy has a judge which i have shot plenty of rounds thru

Ramsey NJ
Username hidden
(1439 posts)
Put money down on which one- a Governor or a Judge?

The Judge won't chamber a .45 ACP; the Governor will- using a clip.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4596 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 5946   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns