Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 711  Next »
71 to 80 of 7105
User Details are only visible to members.
I understand, I speak sarcasm.

However, listening to your sarcasm is like listening to someone speak Russian in Cantonese with an Irish accent.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Good, What I posted was a sarcastic joke of leaving a gun and bullets and it doesn't kill anyone on its own.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2522 posts)
39TNCOUPLE, The behavior of some who own and use firearms is a matter of concern to me as regards safety and proper handling. At this time I'm only going to address one part of your post.

I do not recall using the term reckless, and am not going back to find it, but I will respond with this:

HFT has a habit of posting old, untrue things found on the Internet and not explaining that they are not his original thoughts. I was unfamiliar with the story when I originally responded. It turns out it was a fictional story by someone else from several years ago. That said...

IMO anyone who leaves a firearm unattended for a period of time, especially with ammunition in plain sight and in close proximity is irresponsible. I have witnessed first hand the deadly results of firearms left in that manner. IMO, anyone who would defend such an action is irresponsible as well..

I consider myself a responsible firearm owner. I have owned and safely handled them since I was 7 years old, despite some very questionable firearm handling by those who taught me at an early age. I recognize their errors now, and correct them when I observe them handling a gun in an unsafe manner.

I own several firearms of various types. I shoot regularly, and I have shot competitively. I am an active hunter of game of all sizes and types. I have instructed people on the proper use and handling of firearms. I am legally able to carry a concealed weapon in more places than I will ever go. On multiple occasions I have looked down the barrel of a loaded firearm held by a stranger to me while they committed a felony. I have seen first hand the fatal results of a gunshot on living things- including people.

I understand the subject of responsible firearm handling and storage very well.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Sensibly spoken, 39T.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2058 posts)
John and Jane-We agree completely!

Goodenuff-I never take exception with argument as long as the math/logic are there-“In god we trust! All others bring data!“ and not points of fear or emotion. You are equally correct that I didn’t go back all 8+ years of this thread to read all of the points-but I read a lot of recent stuff and it seemed to be far off the truth and point. I did try to reference data from the FBI directly and not some other politically biased group and I used the most current data available.

There are a lot of points in this thread that I would consider wrong:

You yourself stated-“anti gun climate”. Go look at every # published, stock reports or even ask your local gun store if gun sales have skyrocketed in the last 7 years. Not sure I understand any references to “anti-gun”. I would argue the gun culture of America is still strong (and growing)-and we have a lot of people to thank for it, but constant talk of gun controls/gun grabs (again all needless fear) are propelling gun sales to new levels.

Gun grabs? Seriously-Do you know or even think the GOVT has any idea of who or how many guns are in circulation? Do you expect people to follow unjust laws that violate their constitutional rights let alone have law enforcement collect the guns of citizens? Both Jefferson and Dr. King suggested openly that we have moral obligation to defy any unjust law and it would be a tragedy to pit good against good in our country.

Background checks have no relationship or connection to the recent gun tragedies. CA was terrorist act as was the event that occurred in Chattanooga, TN last July. I would agree that background checks are a good thing if properly and efficiently executed (even GUN SHOWS) but again you are talking about a government control and the words properly and efficiently rarely tie to the government.

What is a “gun nut”? We use to laugh when people calls us gun nuts…as we equally like music, cars, sex, good wines/beers, traveling and our friends in these circles never title us “nuts” on these interests. General fear or lack of understanding of firearms or anything people don’t fully understand usually causes them to label or assign a negative word to people or activity. We are freely practicing /enjoying an idea of sexual openness in this community-but the vanilla word associates “swingers” or “swapping” as a negative word to this activity. There are people on these forum who don’t even like to be called “swingers” and I would venture a lot of people never pursue the idea out of fear of being labeled a “swinger”. Would you rather be called a gun nut or free gun owner? Swinger or someone that is free sexually?

You have even gone so far as to describe someone as reckless-Read what you wrote to “HAVINGFUN” just 12 days ago. If he has a revolver in his house laying on a table (unloaded) how is that dangerous? I would argue the opposite-I was wondering why it wasn’t loaded? Did he have children around? But then he goes on to say that he left the house, kid showed up to cut the grass (not play with this gun-which he didn’t have access too) but still you labeled him as reckless.

I love a good discussion on sex, guns, religion, politics…all of the points we have falsely been told not to discuss openly. I will never take offense to any good jab or point in humor…I will however discredit your fears and keep any points based on fact.

Chattanooga TN
Username hidden
(11 posts)
I'm not sure why it's even a discussion? Allowing the government to have a monopoly of arms is stupid. Generally it doesn't bode well for individual liberty.

'-That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,'

Can't do that without firearms, hence.... 'The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'

It's our liberty insurance, end of story. Hoplophobia is no good reason to erode the basic rights laid out in our founding documents.

Fresno CA
Username hidden
(25 posts)
39TN, you're new so just an FYI- everything you have posted has been posted and discussed many times over in here.

I know, it's a daunting task to go back and read all 7,000+ posts.

There have been a number of rebuttals to your posts regarding the statistics- some accurate and some not so accurate. The antis, and the more gun control people also point out the statistics from other nations. For every study/website/report someone can find to support their view, there will be another study/website/report that refutes it.

Just try to not get so upset that you "lose your cool" when someone refutes your argument. If, as a pro gun person, you come across as an emotional "gun nut", your arguments don't get taken seriously.

Have fun, and welcome to the discussion.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
oops ... save.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1126 posts)
Damn Tom.... you make me laugh!!!!

Just same me some room in the fox hole my friend.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1126 posts)
Hi 5, hand shakes, knuckle bumps, brotherly hugs or what ever Sugars. :-)))))))))) I'm lateraling the ball to "39TN" and letting them run with it for a while. At least they can research, read and comprehend stats and have common sense to boot. WOW, what breath of fresh air. I'm tired of arguing with those who can't/don't/ won't do that here on this thread topic. I'm outta here. See you at the rifle range buddy. Take care my friend/comrade and keep in touch.

Good luck "39TN". You have your work cut out for you. But thank you for your awesome post.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1920 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 711  Next »
71 to 80 of 7105
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.