Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ... 712  Next »
61 to 70 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
PG, I'm always happy to see you. You know that.

On topic, I don't have a gun in my pocket, but would be happy to shoot you with what I do have.

Richland MS
Username hidden
(12853 posts)
"There just isn't a need for any law regarding the ready condition of a firearm. If a gun owner decides to keep one in the chamber and a negligent discharge occurs because of it then that gun owner will face the consequences of that decision be it personal liability or criminal charges."

Well, you can't charge someone with conduct unless you first make it against the law. When we outlaw unsafe conduct (drunk driving, for example), we don't say it's a crime only if you kill someone while doing it. 

Richland MS
Username hidden
(12853 posts)
There just isn't a need for any law regarding the ready condition of a firearm. If a gun owner decides to keep one in the chamber and a negligent discharge occurs because of it then that gun owner will face the consequences of that decision be it personal liability or criminal charges.

RonKathy, you can charge every weapon in your house if you feel that's what you need to do but don't for a moment think to preach to me about how it should be done. I'm fully aware of how fast things can go south with respect to a violent encounter. When I carry, and that's just about every moment I'm not at work or sleeping, there's a round in the chamber but the weapon is in my control. I have very young grand kids who could be stopping by at any time so unless my firearm is in my "direct" control, there not a round in the chamber.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(108 posts)
oh crap, wandered into the political area again because I didn't look to see where Fun had posted. I will resort to my usual flirt and run.

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21063 posts)
"I think that those who carry with a round in the chamber and don't have "direct" physical control over their weapon are asking for these kind of things to happen and should be charged when they do."

The NRA is funding lawsuits all around the country seeking to overturn any law that limits how ready for firing a gunowner may keep his or her weapon. It is a slippery slope, they say, leading to intrusions on 2nd Amendment rights. 

Richland MS
Username hidden
(12853 posts)
"Maybe it should grow a little more, to include Darwin award-winners like Jamie Gilt. "

Perhaps, but while I'm waiting to see the specifics on how she allowed this to occur, on the surface it looks like she should be charged with negligence or whatever the appropriate law is in Florida. I think that those who carry with a round in the chamber and don't have "direct" physical control over their weapon are asking for these kind of things to happen and should be charged when they do.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(108 posts)
"The list of who is a "Prohibited Person" has been growing"

Maybe it should grow a little more, to include Darwin award-winners like Jamie Gilt. 

theblaze. com/stories/2016/03/09/pro-gun-activist-shot-by-her-4-year-old-son-after-he-grabs-gun-from-back-seat-of-her-truck/

Richland MS
Username hidden
(12853 posts)
Some day the Government will bar people from owning Firearms if they've ever been arrested for Drunk Driving and got Counseling at the suggestion of their Attorney to make things look good to a Judge.

The list of who is a "Prohibited Person" has been growing since the Gun Control Act of 1968 was enshrined into law. It has been expanded in part by Court Decision despite consistent verbiage under law. Where was this end?

Some day it might get so bad if you got into a play ground fight and were suspended from School.

Port Clinton OH
Username hidden
(89 posts)
@ Good. Yes.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(2000 posts)
"@ Fun... Sorry I went over your head. The "dog story" was NOT directed at "rabbit".. "

Oopsies. Your use of "@Rabbit" preceding the dog story made me think it might have been directed @ Rabbit. My bad.

Richland MS
Username hidden
(12853 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ... 712  Next »
61 to 70 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.