Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  519  520  521  522  523  524  525  526  527  528  ... 747  Next »
5231 to 5240 of 7470
User Details are only visible to members.
If aliens take over the world and start occupying human bodies we might have to consider alien sex but I'm not at all concerned about that, Fj. You threatening the SCoTUS now?

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
"Truly a non issue, this whole friggin thing. The Supreme Court, the majority of Americans and a significant number of US legislators wouldn't even countennance repeal of the 2A. Given the recent SCOTUS decision this argument is a non starter. You guys can cry in hysteria all day long but truth of the matter is, there is too much on the table and firearms aren't any where near the short list- even for the most avid anti-gun politician. " ================================================= If something should happen to members on the supreme court, then Obama would change the makeup to his liking. He already told Teamsters the court would be in his back pocket. Now maybe you can see why the association with Bill Ayers, and other extremists. Obama still uses NOI security!!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Obama has as much (or maybe as little) respect for the First Amendment as he does for the Second Amendment. For a guy who claims to be a constitutional scholar, he doesn't seem to have a beginner's grasp on the Bill of Rights.

Read this, comprehend it and then take a look at the legal challenges. See you in several lifetimes....

Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 (BCRA, McCain–Feingold Act, Pub.L. 107-155, 116 Stat. 81, enacted 2002-03-27)

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
Democrats don't have a shot with pro-gun voters ALAN GOTTLIEB and DAVE WORKMAN

Breaking up is so hard to do. Judging from the Democratic Party platform, remarks from presidential nominee Barack Obama and his selection of anti-gun Sen. Joseph Biden as a running mate, the long, transparent courtship of gun owners by Democrats is over. Instead of a goodbye kiss, there was a slap in the face; the political approximation of a domestic assault. It was inevitable. After Democrats lost Congress in 1994 because their actions brought legions of angry gun owners to the polls, the party repackaged its rhetoric and tried to sell itself as a friend of the Second Amendment. American gun owners, who are increasingly becoming gun rights activists, are not the fools Democrats think they are. As we note in our new book "These Dogs Don't Hunt: The Democrats' War On Guns," Democrats earned their reputation as being the party of gun control. Instead of rhetoric, they need to repudiate their longstanding animosity toward gunowner rights. The party platform tries to patronize gun owners by claiming to "recognize that the right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' continued Second Amendment right to own and use firearms." But then the document quickly reveals that Democrats have changed their tune but not their agenda: "We can work together to enact and enforce common-sense laws and improvements, like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system and reinstating the assault weapons ban . . . " Gun owners know that the 20-year "ban" on so-called "assault weapons" - which included more than 200 types of commonly-owned firearms - had no measurable impact on violent crime and that reinstating it is all about symbolism rather than substance. They know that gun shows are the source of less than 1 percent of guns used by violent criminals. They know anti-gunners believe "common-sense laws" include licensing, registration and a surrender of the "right to carry" to the discretionary whims of police chiefs and sheriffs. The party chose Obama as its standard-bearer. He once served on the board of the vehemently anti-firearms civil rights Joyce Foundation. During his first run for public office, he supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns and semiautomatic rifles. He supports mandatory waiting periods on all gun purchases. He told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review in April that "I am not in favor of concealed weapons," insulting millions of armed citizens who care about self-defense in the process. Gun owners know Biden as an anti-gun extremist. He consistently earns "F" ratings from gun rights organizations. He claimed credit for writing the original legislation to ban semiautomatic sport-utility rifles that are owned by millions of Americans who have harmed nobody. The proverbial last straw for the firearms community was Obama's remark during his acceptance speech that "The reality of gun ownership may be different for hunters in rural Ohio than for those plagued by gang-violence in Cleveland, but don't tell me we can't uphold the Second Amendment while keeping AK-47s out of the hands of criminals." The "reality" is that gun rights are the same for everyone, no matter where they live. And gun owners know from experience that Democrats falsely believe that the only way to keep guns away from criminals is to oppressively regulate gun ownership for everyone. Obama told his faithful that Sen. John McCain "doesn't get it." Actually, Democrats "don't get it." You do not woo people by treating them like criminals, and you cannot "support" someone's civil right at the same time you regulate it to irrelevancy. It is now clear to gun owners that Democrats only asked them to the dance just to get through the door.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Barack Obama says he's not in favor of bringing back the "Fairness Doctrine," legislation that would silence talk radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, and could even threaten the hosts of NRA News. Barack Obama says he doesn't support it. Maybe that's because he doesn't need legislation to intimidate members of the press who disagree with him.

The Chicago Tribune reports that Obama has set up a rapid response network designed to strong-arm radio and television stations that dare to run programming that may be critical of "The One." The campaign even provides "talking points" for followers of Obama to use when they protest the coverage of their candidate.

At best, this bullying of the media is an affront to the spirit of the First Amendment. But do we really believe that if Obama were president, he'd suddenly give up this tactic?

Obama has as much (or maybe as little) respect for the First Amendment as he does for the Second Amendment. For a guy who claims to be a constitutional scholar, he doesn't seem to have a beginner's grasp on the Bill of Rights.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
The Obama campaign lawyers have attempted, once again, to intimidate radio stations in Pennsylvania and Ohio, pressing them to refuse to air an ad from the National Rifle Association.

Obama's lawyers argued, "This advertisement knowingly misleads your viewing audience about Senator Obama's position on the Second Amendment," says the letter from Obama general counsel Bob Bauer. "For the sake of both FCC licensing requirements and the public interest, your station should refuse to continue to air this advertisement."

The ad, "Hunter," conflates Obama's anti-gun stances of the 1990s with his current, more pro-gun, stand, and was chided for inaccuracy in The Washington Post, an item to which Bauer's letter refers.

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam, who provided the letter, said it shows clear evidence that the ads are "hurting him," and stood by their substance. He also provided a copy of the NRA's own letter to the stations and memo disputing the Post story (at link). He also said the ad is running only in Pennsylvania at the moment.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Kinda like the abortion issue that's been settled for years that libtards are still crying about?

The gun issue has just recently been ruled upon and the 'details' are still being worked out.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19556 posts)
Truly a non issue, this whole friggin thing. The Supreme Court, the majority of Americans and a significant number of US legislators wouldn't even countennance repeal of the 2A. Given the recent SCOTUS decision this argument is a non starter. You guys can cry in hysteria all day long but truth of the matter is, there is too much on the table and firearms aren't any where near the short list- even for the most avid anti-gun politician.

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
PerfectMatch:

Facts have mattered to me many times, which is why I cited about 1,456 of them to make my arguments about the Civil War and why I had to correct you about what Karl Marx and WED DuBois said in their writings about the primary cause of the Civil War--which they acknowledged to be slavery.

Of course, facts also mattered to me when I made certain claims about my endowment (and my status as a professor), and we've got Pussy and others to give confirmation to both facts.

Your blindness to facts is most revealed is when you argue that facts have never mattered to me. Indeed, for the record, I think I probably ask posters to support arguments with fact and evidence as much if not more than any poster.

I also love citing primary sources to support my arguments.

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
When did facts ever matter to Sappy?

I've never seen it.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19556 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  519  520  521  522  523  524  525  526  527  528  ... 747  Next »
5231 to 5240 of 7470
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.