Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
GoTo Page: Less ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... More 
Start   4851 to 4860 of 5984   End
User Details are only visible to members.
JN, Many on the left want to associate our murder rate in the south to the "easy access". I was only pointing out the demographics. The fact that I have spent over 20 years in trauma centers in my career. The vast majority of the gunshots and stabbings were non white. It did not make any difference if the population was 50% white or 80% white. Having spoken to many pro 2nd amendment medical people from cities as separate as LA to DC, and the consensus is that the majority of the GSWs are 20 something non white males. To answer your other question, most criminals are not crazy, but either lazy or evil. We will treat anyone equally if the invade our home, attempt to carjack, or attempt to assault us. They will be met by deadly force. Removal of all criminals is not possible. Even adequate punishment for criminals is beyond the grasp of the left. therefore, protection is the only option for the majority of people.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
I see JNM is back, funny how JNM and Sappy come and go at the same time.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
JN, You fall for that same old rhetoric about access to guns causing crime. It is the access to unarmed citizens that allow criminals to kill. It was illegal for the killer to be armed, but if he plans to kill, one stupid technicality will not change that. Also, it will be limited to people with concealed carry PERMITS. No one under 21 can get a CWP, so it will be limited to people over 21 who have undergone a background check. Research has shown that states with CWP allowed, had decrease in crime, and >99% are reissued. The liberal press attacked florida for making their cwp laws much like other southern states. Cries of OK corral, and wild west proved to be false, crime went down. I respect you feelings, but what if the professor or just one of the students had been armed? Who will protect your daughter? The courts have held that the police are not there to protect you as an individual, but society as a whole.Both of us have prevented crimes more than once due to being armed.e. You say you are unarmed, what would you do if someone breaks in on you? I will only send my daughter to a school that will allow her to defend herself. She is 1 yr from getting her permit, but is already an excellent shot and more gun safe than most adults. She has had a gun by her bed ever since we felt she was old enough to stay alone. She has a semi auto AK-clone by her bed, with 30 rounds of full metal jacket in the magazine. I did not raise a victim.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
funlady, you are absolutely correct that blacks fought for the CSA. Also as a biker some of the southern blacks that I have rode with have proudly displayed a stars and bars patch on their vest. Unless your from the south I guess they cannot understand. Blacks and whites here where I am from get along very well together.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Sap, you have yourself shown that Obama wants to disarm people. You listed guns he wanted banned or restricted. You listed that we should only be allowed to buy one gun per month. Should we only have a free press once a month? I can tell from other posts that you have virtually NO knowledge of guns or the rights of gun owners. The south has a higher murder rate due to the higher black population. You can take any map, plot out the percent non-white,(asians excluded)and you will find a much higher murder rate. And it is not we evil whites killing them. With rare exception, murder victims are of the same race, and a large percent have criminal records, or are engaged in illegal activities. You live in california. Which has the higher murder rate, San Francisco or Oakland? Name ONE predominately white city that is in the top 10 for murder rates. I know because of my being a southerner, you think this is a racist post and I am a bigot. Wrong!!! I take care black and white patients equally, and the last wedding I went to was that of a black friend. I am also a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, and guess what, we have some BLACK members!! In fact, the last gathering of the confederate veterans in my home area of the state included black veterans who were still proud of having fought for the CSA.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
again, defenseless civilians, disarmed by their own government were slaughtered by a mad man. We have a bill that will pass overwhelmingly in Alabama that will prevent any college or university from preventing students, faculty, or staff who have a concealed weapons permit from carrying their weapon. Prediction is that with the exception of the handful of inner city idiots in the legislature from Birmingham and a couple of other cities, the bill will have almost unanimous support. Due to our strict interpretation of the Constitution, alabama has a very low crime rate. Unlike the People's Republic of California, and a handful of blue states that feel criminals should have a safe work environment, good guys are also armed. I hope that the recent events will open the eyes of the left to the fact that many people are evil, and that citizens must be able to defend themselves.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
of course osama and hussein don't want us to have guns, they have the same agenda. they both want to destroy America

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
p.s. debjack:

First, are your posts slanted?

Second, you allege I've written stuff that is wrong. So show me where I have been wrong in a post.

Don't just make allegations. Back them up with proof.

And try confronting facts about the far higher homicide rate in the South and explanations for such statistics.

I'd say some criminals and people in the workplace down there could use a lot less access to guns if you want to protect citizens from homicide rates that we neglect as we focus on 9/11.

We ignore too much the amount of innocent people killed by guns in the USA.

Compare deaths in workplace shootings in the USA since 1992 to the amount of deaths on American society from foreign terror attack, and then answer: what is more likely to kill you--an Islamic terrorist or an American entering the workplace with a gun or killing you on an American street (or by driving drunk)?

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
debjack: Let's go by the facts regarding Obama on guns, as provided by the website, OntheIssues.

Obama on Guns Control, his Voting Record:

Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008) 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007) Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007) Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006) Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998) Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

Now let's go by Obama's own words. You are welcome to comment on them, but focus your comments on what he actually said.

When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president?

A: I don't think that we can get that done. But what we can do is to provide just some common-sense enforcement. The efforts by law enforcement to obtain the information required to trace back guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers. As president, I intend to make it happen. We essentially have two realities, when it comes to guns, in this country. You've got the tradition of lawful gun ownership. It is very important for many Americans to be able to hunt, fish, take their kids out, teach them how to shoot. Then you've got the reality of 34 Chicago public school students who get shot down on the streets of Chicago. We can reconcile those two realities by making sure the Second Amendment is respected and that people are able to lawfully own guns, but that we also start cracking down on the kinds of abuses of firearms that we see on the streets.

Source: 2008 Democratic debate in Las Vegas Jan 15, 2008

2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month Obama sought moderate gun control measures, such as a 2000 bill he cosponsored to limit handgun purchases to one per month (it did not pass). He voted against letting people violate local weapons bans in cases of self-defense, but also voted in2004 to let retired police officers carry concealed handguns.

Source: The Improbable Quest, by John K. Wilson, p.148 Oct 30, 2007

Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities

Q: How would you address gun violence that continues to be the #1 cause of death among African-American men?

A: You know, when the massacre happened at Virginia Tech, I think all of us were grief stricken and shocked by the carnage. But in this year alone, in Chicago, we've had 34 Chicago public school students gunned down and killed. And for the most part, there has been silence. We know what to do. We've got to enforce the gun laws that are on the books. We've got to make sure that unscrupulous gun dealers aren't loading up vans and dumping guns in our communities, because we know they're not made in our communities. There aren't any gun manufacturers here, right here in the middle of Detroit. But what we also have to do is to make sure that we change our politics so that we care just as much about those 30-some children in Chicago who've been shot as we do the children in Virginia Tech. That's a mindset that we have to have in the White House and we don't have it right now.

Source: 2007 NAACP Presidential Primary Forum Jul 12, 2007

Monrovia CA
Username hidden
(4376 posts)
DJ, Obama also has stated a glock19 has 19 rounds.........LOL I guess a S&W M-67 has 67 rounds..LMAO

For a knowing so much about hunting he also thinks that people hunt with a 9mm, in a state that only allows deer hunting with a muzzle loading rifle, a shotgun, or a bow.

And for such a astute constitution scholar, he has no idea that the 2A is not about hunting!!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... More 
Start   4851 to 4860 of 5984   End
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns