Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  ... 747  Next »
4851 to 4860 of 7470
User Details are only visible to members.
"Hey where I work, you have to ready to blow someones head off in an instant. "

or someone blows your head off. or you blow soomeone elses head off instead. or someone else blows off someone elses head off while trying to blow yours off...etc,,,etc

Arizona City AZ
Username hidden
(2472 posts)
not that worrysome were I reside but do have a pleasure of owning a few minor pieces of american ingenuity......

my wish list grows and shortens week to week my current desire is for a belt fed 1919A4 semi auto would be fine for plinking at my range.......will have to see what the spring season delivers me .

Middletown NY
Username hidden
(9784 posts)
looks like the ammunition dealers are recouping in these hard economic times.....

all kidding aside I am amazed how much prices have jumped in the past weeks let alone from october .

the prices have doubled in a mere 12 day span.

I guess there are some big fears of what the newly elected are going to do to keep gun owners in check, by taxing ammo etc looks like they will not have to do anything as we are already driving the price up all by ourselves. It is remarkable yet makes me wonder how many rifles bought out of fear recently will be sold this time next year when the paranoia is passed a shame how history repeats itself .

Middletown NY
Username hidden
(9784 posts)
News Edition: 01/23/2009

VIRGINIA-- A graduate student from China was decapitated with a kitchen knife in a campus cafe at Virginia Tech by another graduate student who knew her, US police said.

Xin Yang, 22, was killed Wednesday night after arriving at the campus from Beijing on January 8 to begin studying accounting, Virginia Tech Police Chief Wendell Flinchum said.

Her accused attacker, 25-year-old Haiyang Zhu of Ningbo, China, knew the victim but no motive for the slaying has been determined, Flinchum said. School records showed that Haiyang was listed as one of Xin's emergency contacts.

Haiyang was charged with first-degree murder and was being held without bond at the Montgomery County Jail. His attorney, Stephanie Cox, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Haiyang and Xin had been having coffee in a cafe in the Graduate Life Centre, where Xin was living. About seven other people who were in the coffee shop told police that the two hadn't been arguing before the attack.

Police received two 911 calls shortly after 7 pm on Wednesday local time, Flinchum said, and were on the scene in a little more than a minute to take Haiyang into custody.

Flinchum said Haiyang was not known to the campus police or to the university team that deals with mentally disturbed students.

University officials said Haiyang arrived on campus last fall and was a PhD student in agricultural and applied economics.

The stabbing was the first killing on campus since a mass killing on campus in 2007, when a student gunman shot 32 people and then took his own life.

"An act of violence like this brings back memories of April 16," university President Charles Steger said. "I have no doubt that many of us feel especially distraught."

Time for the Brady Campaign to start trying to ban kitchen knives

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
looks like we will pick up a pro gun seat in Senate. Hitlery's replacement supports our rights. Bet obama is pissed.Also, her house district is a conservative upstate are, so maybe since the One is not on the ballot, much oif the underclass will stay home and possible GOP pick up.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2283 posts)
Damn, I feel bad for the kids and their families. But where there is a will there is a way.

I kinda feel bad for the killer. Having that knife jump into his hand and demand he kill (Rolls eyes).

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
updated 6 minutes ago DENDERMONDE, Belgium - A man calmly walked into a day care center and went on a stabbing spree killing two youngsters and a care giver and sending 10 children to hospital, several in serious condition, officials said Friday.

Christian Du Four, a local prosecutor, said in the mayhem that ensued the man simply walked out, got on his bicycle but was arrested in a nearby supermarket shortly after the 10 AM attack.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(19574 posts)
Well there goes Obama's word that he supports the Second Amendment and the Heller decision.

w w w . whitehouse . gov/agenda/urban_policy/

Address Gun Violence in Cities: 1) Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. 2)Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. 3)They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. 4)They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

*1*) Tiahrt Amendment, prohibits the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) from releasing information from its firearms trace database to anyone other than a law enforcement agency or prosecutor in connection with a criminal investigation. Law Enforcement already has access to trace info. The amendment keeps people like Bloomburg and the Brady Campaign from getting the info.

*2*) Such as?

*3*) There is no proof that gunshows give more weapons to criminals. ANY gun dealer who sells at a gun show has to run a background check. Exactly HOW are they supposed to childproof a gun? Make it only recognize the person who buys it? That will make firearms so expensive that only thr eich will be able to own them.

*4*) The AWB was a complete failure that did not make any difference in crime. "Assault weapons" made up less than 1% of crime before, during and after the ban.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Sweet amidst all the claims by Obama supporters that he is not going to go after handgun and firearm owners his henchmen have already started. His claims to support the 2nd Admendment are outright lies. No he does not intend on ending the 2nd amendment he just plans on rendering it useless.

With the liberal majority in the congress I will be surprised if this bill is not passed, and we all know Obama will sign it.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19580 posts)
Continued...

Rush's proposed bill, H.R. 45, is alternatively known as "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009," named after an Illinois teenager killed by a gunshot.

According the bill's text, "On the afternoon of May 10, 2007, Blair Holt, a junior at Julian High School in Chicago, was killed on a public bus riding home from school when he used his body to shield a girl who was in the line of fire after a young man boarded the bus and started shooting."

The bill then argues that interstate firearm trafficking and children dying from gun violence create legitimate cause for the federal government to monitor gun ownership and transfers in new ways.

If passed, the bill would make it illegal to own or possess a "qualifying firearm" – defined as any handgun or any semiautomatic firearm that takes an ammunition clip – without a "Blair Holt" license.

To obtain a "Blair Holt" license, an application must be made that includes a photo, address, all previous aliases, thumb print, completion of a written firearm safety test, release of mental health records to the attorney general and a fee not to exceed $25.

Further, the bill makes it illegal to transfer ownership of a qualifying firearm to anyone who is not a licensed gun dealer or collector. Exceptions to this rule include transfer to family members by gift or bequest and loans, not to exceed 30 days, of a firearm for lawful purposes "between persons who are personally known to each other."

The bill also requires qualifying firearm owners to report all transfers to the attorney general's database. It would also be illegal for a licensed gun owner to fail to record a gun loss or theft within 72 hours or fail to report a change of address within 60 days.

And if a minor obtains a weapon and injures someone with it, the owner of the gun – if deemed to have failed to meet certain safety requirements – faces a multiple-year jail sentence.

H.R. 45 is a resurfacing of 2007's H.R. 2666, which contained much of the same language and was co-sponsored by 15 other representatives and Barack Obama's current chief of staff, Rahm Emmanuel. H.R. 2666 was assigned to the House Judiciary committee, where no action was taken.

H.R. 45 currently has no co-sponsors and is likewise assigned to the House Judiciary committee.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  ... 747  Next »
4851 to 4860 of 7470
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.