Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  ... 707  Next »
4851 to 4860 of 7061
User Details are only visible to members.
How about this: If you murder someone you get executed. Period. It doesn't matter if you use a gun, a knife, a fork or a spork. You can use a rope, sell someone some bad dope, take them to a cliff and give them a flip, you can take their life with a paper clip. If you send someone to the by and by; trust me the state will make you die.

Now where are my green eggs and ham Sam I am?

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
WOOOWA!!!!

If you ever call me a lefty again I will personally $^%#$#^^&&^$!!!!!

YOU need to re-read my post before you get so darn excited! I am far more right than you think you are!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
Discriminating toward gun owners? Not sure what you mean by that. We are a family of life NRA members, and believe that all law abiding citizens have the right to own any weapon they desire to own. Criminals do not have that right. Look how many criminals have long records of gun use and are still on the streets. With exception to the combat veterans on here, I have most likely seen more shot and stabbed people than anyone on here. And DEAD is DEAD. Politicians like Obama who want to hold the gun industry liable for the misuse of a perfectly functioning legal object are way out of line. Smith & Wesson does not determine who purchases their weapons. In fact, they do not even determine what dealers sell their weapons. S&W legally sells guns to distributors, who are independent companies. These companies hold a particular license, and in turn sell to licensed dealers. All of these sales are regulated by the federal government via the ATF. The dealer must be licensed in order to buy from the distributor. But this is typical of the left not holding people accountable for their actions.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
The only flaw to that thought fun is that you are stil discriminating toward gun owners! A person that dies from fork wounds is just as dead as one that was shot from a gun!

Most Convicted felons who are caught with a gun will get a tougher sentence anyway!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
The problem with the current state of affairs is that most politicians know about as much about guns as you do, but unlike you, they do not admit it. They do feel good legislation such as the assault weapons ban that had NO effect. The misinformation campaign and the blatant lies about what an "assault weapon" was, were based on fear tactics only. The difference between a legal weapon and an illegal was purely cosmetic! Example: A SEMI- Auto AK-47 style rifle was legal if the stock had a hole in it, and the bayonet lug was removed!!! Same function, same rate of fire, and same performance. Now, does that make sense? The book put out by the ATF of the various gun laws is about 700 pages of small print with no pictures. There needs to be very simple laws for the mandatory severe punishment for using a gun in a crime. Convicted criminals who are caught with a gun would get life in prison.

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
I'd like to try perfects system ;) WEG!

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20793 posts)
WHEW... thought you were going to ask another question Dan!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
lol

You don't know what the problem is, or how the sytem works but you just want to bitch about it.

The only thing you said that makes sense in 'no system is perfect'. Add to that "Bad people do bad things no matter what' and you have your answers.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
sweet, fun "I must agree that the instant check system is as close to perfect as you will ever get..."

I admit to being no expert on the gun regs. What drew me into this discussion was the objection over a waiting period, the idea of keeping guns out of the hands of nutjobs, and then perf's comment about inconvenience. I am a novice about gun regs but I do know systems and I do not know of to any perfect systems.

That being said, I'm not anti gun (...those are your words). I just think the current system is highly imperfect because guns are getting in to the hands of nutjobs and it seems quite easily. I've seen metal detectors at schools not only for guns but for knives I suppose. Something seems basically flawed with the current state of affairs.

Key West FL
Username hidden
(2881 posts)
We are in the firearms business, and I must agree that the instant check system is as close to perfect as you will ever get. Background checks are like history, and can only tell you what has happened. There is no way to rule out people who might do something illegal in the future. Island, since you are anti gun, what do you suggest for a reasonable background check?

Mentone AL
Username hidden
(2282 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  ... 707  Next »
4851 to 4860 of 7061
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy