Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 707  Next »
41 to 50 of 7067
User Details are only visible to members.
Damn Tom.... you make me laugh!!!!

Just same me some room in the fox hole my friend.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(849 posts)
Hi 5, hand shakes, knuckle bumps, brotherly hugs or what ever Sugars. :-)))))))))) I'm lateraling the ball to "39TN" and letting them run with it for a while. At least they can research, read and comprehend stats and have common sense to boot. WOW, what breath of fresh air. I'm tired of arguing with those who can't/don't/ won't do that here on this thread topic. I'm outta here. See you at the rifle range buddy. Take care my friend/comrade and keep in touch.

Good luck "39TN". You have your work cut out for you. But thank you for your awesome post.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1712 posts)
@39...... well stated.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(849 posts)
What seems ironic to me is how people isolate the tools, misuse statistics, or pointless #s in these endless discussions/fear of guns.

Since people like to use # and facts-lets review the following. - fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide o This is the FBI crime website (which in itself is hard to follow) as it equally distorts #’s-but it will have to do for this discussion. o Make sure you read the other tables as well where they break it down by type of gun/weapons used/sex/etc

In summary there were 12,253 homicides in 2013-a homicide being anytime a human takes the life of another (justified and unjustified). Of these 12K-69% or 8,454 of these homicides occurred with a gun (all types) and 3,798 occurred using fists, hammers, clubs, etc. Dividing further-741 of these 12K are the good guys-cops/citizens doing their jobs and you guessed it.

Read the facts in these #’s: - Good guys used guns 741 times to defend themselves/property or in line of duty. Any # greater than 1 is justification for guns - Bad guys used guns 7713 times during robbery, murders, etc. and just so you don’t think they needed just guns the bad guys killed another 3,798 people with their fists/hammers and clubs (not my words-FBI slide says that) - Bad guys used ~6X more than good guys used guns! - Bad guys used anything other than guns 5X more than good guys did - You can’t outlaw fists, hammers or everything that can be used as weapon - 55.9 percent were killed by someone they knew (acquaintance, neighbor, friend, boyfriend, etc.); 24.9 percent of victims were slain by family members. Can you imagine the level of darkness/hurt/mental illness/depravity that has to occur to force someone to cause harm (let alone-kill) someone-then consider most of the time it is friend or possibly a family member?

It sounds overused but the adage of “GUNS REALLY DON'T KILL PEOPLE-PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!” appears to hold true (always has) throughout recorded history. Yes-It is a mental health/society issue or simply we have forgotten on how to be human. Instead of going after the tools-maybe we should focus on root causes and quit arguing the political lines (they want to repeat as a control) about guns/magazine sizes and background checks.

If you still love #’s here is another good #=10,076 people lost their lives in DUI’s in 2013. Strangely-you never hear anyone or MADD suggesting we ban cars or liquor. Wait-We did ban liquor once and didn’t that increase the violence? I am assuming MADD understands it is behavioral problem-not a car problem and the same holds true with violence and murder.

OK-We are going back to shooting guns now! Yes we love them (and people too) and were actually shocked that the # of guns was NOT 5 guns to every man/woman in USA. Guns gave you the very freedoms Americans forget about and use constantly...

Chattanooga TN
Username hidden
(10 posts)
Sorry if I got long winded sugars.

My point is that selling a rifle that is the "poster child" for the anti gun camp, with 6 high capacity magazines, provides them with ammunition for their arguments. In this case, the argument about holding manufacturer's liable for what users of their products do with them.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5357 posts)
~~Bad people. Bad citizens. Obsessed with ammunition and firepower, and completely uncaring about Frist Amendment rights of parents with children who are murdered in senseless acts of violence against their defenseless targets.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8076 posts)
~~Obama defended his support for the constitutional right to gun ownership while arguing it was consistent with his efforts to curb mass shootings. He said the NRA refused to acknowledge the government's responsibility to make legal products safer, citing seat-belts and child-proof medicine bottles as examples.

When children are executed in school rooms and theaters in America, and gun owners defend their ammunition nomenclatures, insanity replaces civility and defense of First Amendment rights of parents to expect their children to become teenagers.~~

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8076 posts)
Good for you, Robert. Sounds like a great idea. Bye!!!

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1745 posts)
@Good, No, I was just stating that magazines can malfunction for a variety of reasons, even factory defects.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(849 posts)
I understand, but...

To be clear to others who may read this, semi automatic firearms are not the only type of firearms that use detachable magazines.

Are you suggesting that the manufacturer could be including magazines that don't function properly in the firearm they sell them with?

I would agree that it is desireable to have more than one magazine for a number of reasons. IMO, unless you are in a competition that requires multiple magazines to get through a competitive event, or your life depended on the magazine feeding properly, multiple magazines for the average civilian shooter is more a "want" than a "need".

IMO a rifle like an AR15 is not well suited for concealed carry as a self defense weapon- especially with the bulk of a 30 round magazine. The need for 6 @ 30 round magazines for self defense inside the home or business is questionable.

The conclusion many people would make about a firearm sold from the factory with a 180 round "capacity" before reloading the magazines is not very favorable in today's anti-gun climate.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5357 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 707  Next »
41 to 50 of 7067
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.