Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 712  Next »
11 to 20 of 7112
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(1143 posts)
I'll leave you guys to your delusions...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19604 posts)
OK. Let's summarize this whole topic. I'm a criminal intent on stealing your property,or raping your wife, daughter and son.

You have a NRA bumper sticker on your car. "I shoot first and call 911 later.'

The neighbor has a bumper sticker "support Obama and gun control" ..

Which house am i going to break into, as a criminal, with intent to destroy happiness in life and a sense of security ???

Is that an unreasonable question??????

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1968 posts)
Andrew, yes I'm defending my right to "Keep and bare arms" as a law abiding citizen. I'm not trying to change anyone's desire to own a gun. that's there prerogative and right. To quote you: "natural right, granted by God, protected by the constitution." I'm seeing more every day where God is pushed aside, disrespected and considered politically incorrect. My constitutional rights have no meaning because the Constitution has been diluted by liberal's interpretations of what it actually stands for and represents. The pride of America. It's pathetic.

I'm just not one to stick my head in the sand and hope I don't get shot in the ass.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1968 posts)
@Sexy and Andrew. 100% correct. You got this.

I don't care to dig up the research that counters tbrs "research". But, I assure it is out there. It just depends on who is doing the research and where the money and special interest backing the research is coming from. Scientific Studies?????? Yeah ...right. WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF GUN POWDER??? Potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulfur. That's science. WHAT MAKES FIRE??? Fuel, oxygen and ignition (heat source). That's science.

More often than not, studies are subject to conjecture by the researchers. It just depends on what they are looking for and how deep the dig to prove it.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(1968 posts)
Tom, don't even try the rational reasonable approach with gun grabbers. They don't fuckin care about what you have to say, just like you don't(or shouldn't) care about their cute little rational arguments. Bottom line is that they want to disarm YOU, and it should be opposed at every opportunity. My approach is to always outdo them with extreme words and ideas, it's not that difficult. Fortunately, all you have to do is quote or paraphrase the founders. They would be hunted down as terrorists if they were alive today.

You're defending a natural right, granted by God, protected by our constitution. It's not a fucking academic debate that can be won or lost intellectually. It's also not subject to the results of any election. It's that serious. Treat it as such. Just sayin'. :)

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1347 posts)
Ahhhhhhhhhh statisics

If you're black you're 5 times more likely to commit a homicide than if you're not black.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18571 posts)
"Science is only as true as are the concluders of rational experiments are honest, open minded and competent. Thereafter Science is only as true as it has been faithfully assembled, statistically confirmed, honestly described and truthfully reported. That's a difficult task, especially with huge subjects under scrutiny. Statistics, on the other hand, if collected accurately, assembled rationally, and properly interpreted, can be harder to distort, and easier to validate. Much bullshit is being projected as "Science" these days from our irresponsible Universities and Colleges, much of it to justify political or academic ambitions. In today's America, I for one distrust "Scientific Studies" presented by todays politicized Academia. Way too much data is distorted these days to produce desired end results favorable to Political purpose, and thereafter further distorted by ever anxious media for purposes of their own. Thank God for experience in real events which protects the wise from miscalculation."

Post of the year. The real shame of it is that entire fields of science have been corrupted by money and politics to the point that nothing can be trusted from them.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1347 posts)
You really don't know what you are talking about.

You have it exactly backwards, as usual.

You use statistics to apply science, or more properly, the scientific method.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19604 posts)
Science is only as true as are the concluders of rational experiments are honest, open minded and competent. Thereafter Science is only as true as it has been faithfully assembled, statistically confirmed, honestly described and truthfully reported. That's a difficult task, especially with huge subjects under scrutiny. Statistics, on the other hand, if collected accurately, assembled rationally, and properly interpreted, can be harder to distort, and easier to validate. Much bullshit is being projected as "Science" these days from our irresponsible Universities and Colleges, much of it to justify political or academic ambitions. In today's America, I for one distrust "Scientific Studies" presented by todays politicized Academia. Way too much data is distorted these days to produce desired end results favorable to Political purpose, and thereafter further distorted by ever anxious media for purposes of their own. Thank God for experience in real events which protects the wise from miscalculation.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(2101 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 712  Next »
11 to 20 of 7112
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.