Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 711  Next »
11 to 20 of 7102
User Details are only visible to members.
Robert when will you understand that Government has zero say so on whet people can or cannot do? That's what I love about Teed Nugent, Did you see his interview today on Government? I will never ever answer to a hand full of fuck ups called Government. Oh I bought Tana a very nice supper black hawk with the 10 inch barrel, Shes scared to shoot it, but she will lol

Mickey

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(5594 posts)
<------one of Trump's "brownshirts"

Although there seems to be a lot more of brownshirt tactics among the protesters. Just sayin'.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1024 posts)
"No, I was trying to understand your seemingly inconsistent assertions that 1) there is no need for regulations or restrictions about firearm safety and 2) that this woman should be charged with some criminal offense."

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

I made a very specific statement regarding laws about the readiness condition of a firearm and you replied with the above?

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(107 posts)
"Some day the Government will bar people from owning Firearms if they've ever been arrested for Drunk Driving and got Counseling at the suggestion of their Attorney to make things look good to a Judge. The list of who is a "Prohibited Person" has been growing since the Gun Control Act of 1968 was enshrined into law. It has been expanded in part by Court Decision despite consistent verbiage under law. Where was this end?"

Actually I am more than ok with a person convicted of a DUI losing their right to a fire arm. If they cannot handle one deadly weapon (the automobile), then they cannot handle the other and a DUI should result int he loss of both the ability to drive any automobile on the public roads, and one's right to a fire arm.

To receive a DUI, is to make a willful choice to engage in both illegal and unsafe practices which endeanger the public needlessly.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(8379 posts)
And then we have this little gem from Neil Stevens of RedState dot com:

"My advice for reporters and protestors visiting Donald Trump events is simple: You have a right to keep and bear arms. Use it. If Trump’s brownshirts know their targets are armed, they’ll get less handsy, fast."

There's nothing like the calm reason of the people for whom "more guns" is the universal answer.  

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12660 posts)
"Are you suggesting that the act of keeping a round in the chamber should be criminalized regardless of any other circumstances?"

No, I was trying to understand your seemingly inconsistent assertions that 1) there is no need for regulations or restrictions about firearm safety and 2) that this woman should be charged with some criminal offense. 

I also noted that the NRA was trying to overturn firearm safety regulations in various states, such as those requiring a trigger-lock or gunsafe for any firearm that is not in the person's physical possession. 

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12660 posts)
"Well, you can't charge someone with conduct unless you first make it against the law. When we outlaw unsafe conduct (drunk driving, for example), we don't say it's a crime only if you kill someone while doing it. "

Are you suggesting that the act of keeping a round in the chamber should be criminalized regardless of any other circumstances?

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(107 posts)
PG, I'm always happy to see you. You know that.

On topic, I don't have a gun in my pocket, but would be happy to shoot you with what I do have.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12660 posts)
"There just isn't a need for any law regarding the ready condition of a firearm. If a gun owner decides to keep one in the chamber and a negligent discharge occurs because of it then that gun owner will face the consequences of that decision be it personal liability or criminal charges."

Well, you can't charge someone with conduct unless you first make it against the law. When we outlaw unsafe conduct (drunk driving, for example), we don't say it's a crime only if you kill someone while doing it. 

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12660 posts)
There just isn't a need for any law regarding the ready condition of a firearm. If a gun owner decides to keep one in the chamber and a negligent discharge occurs because of it then that gun owner will face the consequences of that decision be it personal liability or criminal charges.

RonKathy, you can charge every weapon in your house if you feel that's what you need to do but don't for a moment think to preach to me about how it should be done. I'm fully aware of how fast things can go south with respect to a violent encounter. When I carry, and that's just about every moment I'm not at work or sleeping, there's a round in the chamber but the weapon is in my control. I have very young grand kids who could be stopping by at any time so unless my firearm is in my "direct" control, there not a round in the chamber.

Peoria AZ
Username hidden
(107 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 711  Next »
11 to 20 of 7102
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.