Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Guns Guns and More Guns
TOPIC: Guns_Guns_and_More_Guns
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 707  Next »
101 to 110 of 7061
User Details are only visible to members.
Dateline: January 7, 2016 {Executive Office Cannon Fire} [AP]

~~FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — President Barack Obama tore into the National Rifle Association on Thursday as he sought support for his actions on gun control, accusing the powerful lobby group of peddling an "imaginary fiction" that he said has distorted the national debate about gun violence.

In a prime-time, televised town hall meeting, Obama dismissed what he called a "conspiracy" alleging that the federal government — and Obama in particular — wants to seize all firearms as a precursor to imposing martial law. He blamed that notion on the NRA and like-minded groups that convince its members that "somebody's going to come grab your guns."

"Yes, that is a conspiracy," Obama said. "I'm only going to be here for another year. When would I have started on this enterprise?"

[Provide an intellgent response, all you Second Amendment rights anarchists. You can't. You won't. You are fall fake patriots.]

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(8069 posts)
"Try not to get too carried away there, dude. "

Posts like yours below is why I wrote this.

Like I said, when one makes a claim the burden is on them to support it.

btw I spend quite a bit of time digging in the Federal Register, and read and interpret laws myself. This is not exactly uncharted territory for me.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
Ok VA, you keep auditing records and I'll keep up with laws. But, I'll not argue law without getting paid for it.

Like I said before..... believe what you want.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(848 posts)
" Fla. statute 790.065"

I looked, and unless I'm missing it it requires reporting of commitments to mental institutions while excluding cases for observation or where the examining physician makes the determination that the person doesn't need to be there, not all mental health records. If you know where it says that doctors must report mental health records to the federal government that would help. It does authorize the state to report any information gathered through this statute to the feds, but that's not remotely the same as what you said.

"You say mental health is your profession"

No I didn't. My first career was in medicinal chemistry, for which I have a doctorate, and now I work in health fraud and auditing, which to a great extent involves records management. It is rare that it goes into the area of mental health. When I said it was "my professional area" all I had to go on was your "doctors report mental illness", which was not specific to mental health.

"That's twice."

We will see, but I didn't actually even say you were wrong. I asked you to explain or expand on your statement.

You said that doctors report mental illness to the federal government. If what you really meant was "Mental institutions report involuntary commitments to the government", that's fine, but your initial statement was really, really a crap way of saying that.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
@VA,

Currently there are 43 stares that require or authorize the reporting of mental health records to NICS. You might want to check out your own state of Fla. statute 790.065 You say mental health is your profession....... reading and interpreting law is mine. That's twice. Dude???????? I haven't been called that since high school. Sounds like you are probably a high school counselor.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(848 posts)
"Oh Lordy.. time to head south.. see you all in a week or so.. and well the idiots.. I am now blocking them for the new year.. ! WOW"

See you in a week or so Ron.

I'm not sure if he called me an idiot. He placed himself on my "Special Friends" list well before he posted that, but after I indicated that the credibility of his posts were questionable when he invoked Godwin's Law earlier in this thread.

:-)

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5342 posts)
" I'll not waste my time to correct all your other posts as well. "

Try not to get too carried away there, dude.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
Alright. When I am wrong, I'll say I'm wrong. A neuropsychologist is capable of making diagnoses. I was completely wrong on that.

This doesn't change the fact that you said "doctors are reporting....". Generally, when people say "doctors" (especially when talking about health) they are referring to MDs. I'm a "doctor" too, as much as your brother is.

Back to my question. You said:

"Doctors are already reporting mental illness to the fed gov."

I asked you to expand or explain, but you did not. Are you saying that for every patient your brother sees he reports his findings to the Feds?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23719 posts)
@VA,

I never once mentioned "medical doctor" in any of my posts. I did however talk to my brother last night. He was quite bothered to find out that in his 35+ years as a clinical neuropsychologist,, he was not supposed to be diagnosing and treating people. Do you even know what a neuropsychologist is?? You can find the definition from the APA website.

You say people pay you for answers....... I bet they wish they were paying for "correct" answers.

This is only one of your posts where you are wrong. I'll not waste my time to correct all your other posts as well.

Christoval TX
Username hidden
(848 posts)
FWIW, the last time I was in the doctor, I was verbally asked if I felt safe at home.

I told them the puppy had drawn blood on one hand, but after I drop kicked her into the next county, we made up and split a puppy biscuit, so we're good.

They also gave me a questionnaire about symptoms of depression and possibly other mental distress to fill out and hand in as I left. I am not sure exactly when or why they started doing that, but I know they give me that questionnaire at least once every year.

I'm always inspired by Alice's Restaurant Massacree when I fill it out.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5342 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 707  Next »
101 to 110 of 7061
TOPIC: Guns Guns and More Guns

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy